Photo

FSX Flight Reports

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Kirkland

Kirkland

AE King

• 1,504 posts
Report all your flights here, rather than the Screenshot thread.

I will start off with my recent flight. :)

Sim : Flight Simulator X
Name of Flight : Southwest Airlines Flight 812
Route : Jacksonville to Nassau
Plane : Southwest Airlines 737-800
Addons : N/A

Posted Image

Southwest Airlines Flight 812 sits at the runway for takeoff clearance to the Bahamas for a regular passenger flight.

Posted Image

Southwest Airlines Flight 812 flies briskly over Downtown Jacksonville to complete it's 180 degree turn to head south.

Posted Image

Ladies and gentlemen on-board two 737-800 aircraft are scared beyond their wild beliefs when Southwest Airlines Flight 812 comes close to hitting Pacifica Airlines Flight 1083 at 11,000 feet.

Posted Image

A photo of the Daytona Beach near miss. ^

Posted Image

Flight 812 turns towards the Bahamas over the Atlantic Ocean on it's flight to Nassau.

Posted Image

Flight 812 approaches Nassau Airport on ILS Runway 14 approach with a MD-80 ahead of the aircraft on the low approach.

Posted Image

Southwest Flight 812 lands safely and smoothly at Nassau Intl Airport. *
Posted Image

Southwest 812 parks at the gate to release passengers.

*If not obvious to you, my 737-800 was far too close to that MD-80. The ATC told me to go around on approach, but with many things to do including homework, I chose not to, and continued my landing and missed the MD-80 by quite a bunch of feet. No people were harmed XD

nWcLJH0.png

Wyldon

Wyldon

AE Player

• 49 posts
oh how i miss fsx! thanks for posting.

Ioh

Ioh

Baaauussss

• 1,649 posts
Cardiff (CWL) - Manchester (MAN)
Maintenance return flight.

At approx 18:00pm BST, GC-IVD exits the BA maintainance hangar at cardiff and taxi's to the runway.
At approx 18:15pm flight 144 takes off.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
VR - Rotate!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

ADWAM.png

Ioh

Ioh

Baaauussss

• 1,649 posts
After a 35 minute flight BAW144 starts its approach and circles around to land at Manchester airport on runway 23R, ready for the following morning transfer flight to London Heathrow.

Posted Image

As the 747 heads towards the Pennines it begins its turn to line up with 23R flying pretty low at 2000ft.

Posted Image

The 747 lines up with the runway and fly's over Stockport.

Posted Image

The aircraft comes down towards 23R with Terminal 3 and the Thomas Cook maintenance hangar visible in the background.

Posted Image

The 744 gets struck by sudden crosswinds and get blown onto the runways side path, but remains off the grass.

Posted Image

Terminal 3 is visible outside of the Starboard windows, as well as most of the runway :/ .

Posted Image

While the 2 on-board resisted the crosswind the nose peaked and the tail got struck, leaving sparks flying.

The pilots unaware of the damage taxied to the parking in-between the cargo terminal and Terminal 2.

After a post flight inspection the damage was quickly repaired without the need to return to Cardiff. Ready for a new days service.

ADWAM.png

Ioh

Ioh

Baaauussss

• 1,649 posts
Sim: Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight (FS2004/FS9)
Aircraft used: POSKY British Airways 747-400
Sceneries: UK2000 Extreme Cardiff and Manchester.
Effects: some crash mod :P

ADWAM.png

StevenP95

StevenP95

AE Know It All

• 134 posts
Sim: FSX
Aircraft Used: Boeing 738
Addon: FSPax

Flight: KSFO-KMRY
Airline: Orbit Airlines
Passengers: 121

Orbit Airlines 245 has just landed at Monterey Peninsula Airport, after a rough flight from San Francisco. Departing Runway 10L, the Pilot had strong winds and heavy rain plus low visibility to contend with but proceeded for a safe take-off. The passengers were frightened on takeoff due to the weather situation, and the severe turbulence on climb-out violently shook the plane.

At the 11000ft Cruise, the weather improved for a short while before the order to descend to 4300ft was given. Descending slowly to avoid the weather, I lined up for approach on Runway 10R at Monterey when rain and wind began again. A small wind shear 300ft from the ground caused a problem but the pilot recovered to land a short while after before taxiing to the gate.

Ioh

Ioh

Baaauussss

• 1,649 posts
would have been nice to see some pics :( nice story though :)

ADWAM.png

Ioh

Ioh

Baaauussss

• 1,649 posts
Kitty, you should rename the topic to FS flight Reports considering FSX isnt the only sim

ADWAM.png

Kirkland

Kirkland

AE King

• 1,504 posts
A normal flight from Tulsa, Oklahoma to Dallas, Texas flies over Downtown Tulsa as it's relaxed passengers enjoy the one hour flight to Dallas.

Posted Image

Suddenly, over Southern Oklahoma, at 10k feet above the city Coatgate, OK, American Eagle Flight 1711 begins to slowly plunge towards the ground as Mark Howl catches a photo of the CRJ-700 burst into flames above his home.

Posted Image

Passengers begin screaming and First Officer Whittle calls the cabin to brace for impact. Captain Schullyburg contacts Fort Worth Center for an emergency landing at Atoka Municipal Airport on Runway 18, but within seconds the CRJ-700 has passed 1,700 feet and Schullyburg slammed into the control column and was knocked unconscious. Whittle tried to regain control and began pulling the plane upwards to a level of -02, but it was too late and the plane crashed into a plainy area just south of a stream, 40 feet from West Road just outside Atoka.

Flight 1711 crashed 118 miles from Tulsa, Oklahoma city center and 116 miles from Dallas, Texas city center, almost exactly halfway through it's journey. The airplane was 6 miles from Atoka Airport, and 0.05 miles from West Road.

N34°25.78' W96° 13.92'

nWcLJH0.png

NilsOlavThePenguin

NilsOlavThePenguin

Penguin

• 673 posts
You were cruising at 10k ft?

Aircraft Used: 757-200
Addon: Captain Sim 757

Flight: ENTC-ENSB
Airline: Blank
Passengers: 150

The flight was going along fine, after take off the plane was sent towards russia in order to gain some altitude (I have no Idea why VATSIM controllers are idiots :| ) The plane quickly reached a cruising altitude, FL380.
After a 2 hour cruise the plane was approaching Svaldbard Airport Longyear with 150 tourists going to see some polar bears and stuff
When turing on to final the planes autopilot started turning to early sending the plane towards a mountain, the pilots noticed this and disengaged the autopilot. after this the plane plunged in to the freezing waters below.
There was surprisingly 1 survivor.

Jason Hite

Jason Hite

CEO, EVA Airways Corp.

• 169 posts

User's Awards

3  Â  2  Â   Â  4  Â   Â 
Aircraft Used: American Airlines SGA MD-80
Add-On: M.Spata FSX/FS2004 MD-80 panel

Flight: AAL713 LGA-DFW
DPT 0800 EDT
ARR 1030 CDT

Altitude: FL320
Passengers: 140

The story is in the pictures:

Attached File  2012-6-28_10-37-44-209.BMP   3MB   12 downloads
Attached File  2012-6-28_10-37-56-366.BMP   3MB   2 downloads
Attached File  2012-6-28_10-52-0-261.BMP   3MB   1 downloads
Attached File  2012-6-28_10-52-16-810.BMP   3MB   2 downloads
Attached File  2012-6-28_10-55-8-417.BMP   3MB   2 downloads
Attached File  2012-6-28_10-55-34-664.BMP   3MB   2 downloads
Attached File  2012-6-28_10-56-20-456.BMP   3MB   2 downloads
Attached File  2012-6-28_10-57-13-630.BMP   3MB   2 downloads
Attached File  2012-6-28_10-57-14-798.BMP   3MB   4 downloads
Attached File  2012-6-28_10-57-28-847.BMP   3MB   2 downloads
Attached File  2012-6-28_16-3-50-260.BMP   4.69MB   3 downloads

I flew this route for three months during the summer (DFW to LGA and back), sometimes twice a day. I love it even though it's one on the longest routes American's MD-80s serve. I have more photos from the summer, including some in very dismal weather and some of the Expressway Visual Runway 31 approach at LaGuardia, one of the hardest approaches I've ever flown. More to come!

Ioh

Ioh

Baaauussss

• 1,649 posts
why are all these fsx shots grainy and my fs9 shots HQ? XD

Kitty get some real AI. http://www.world-of-...allpackages.php

ADWAM.png

StevenP95

StevenP95

AE Know It All

• 134 posts
Flight: SFO-JFK
Aircraft: Airbus A380
Airline: Orbit Airlines
Mods: FSPax

Orbit Airlines Flight 245 from San Francisco International to JFK Airport, New York suffered a major incident onboard the aircraft this afternoon. The A380 with 414 passengers departed Runway 10R at 13:45 Local Time, but 5 seconds after departure at approximately 200ft MSL, a dual Engine-Flameout occurred in Engines 3 and 4 of the aircraft. Passengers reported 2 loud bangs before seeing smoke and some flames coming from the engines.

The plane violently veered to the Left due to the imbalance of power, and the plane lost airspeed due to the high V/S of the aircraft. The A380 then stalled about 20 seconds after takeoff, forcing the pilot into a Stall Recovery, the Pilot regained limited control of the aircraft and proceeded to level the plane at 2000ft.

Engines 3 and 4 were Shutdown and a Mayday declared. Fire suppression was used to stop the fire in the engines and Engines 1 and 2 were put to Max Thrust to hold 200kts.

The plane then made a slow 180 degree turn Anti-Clockwise to utilise the remaining engines before lining up with Runway 28L. The Runway was closed and Emergency Services stood by. OA245, was then cleared to land on any Runway and made a descent landing overweight, left wheels first on Runway 28L approximately 7 minutes after takeoff. The aircraft is reported to have landed on only one set of wheels before all the wheels touched down and the aircraft used reverse thrusters to come to a stop.

The A380 stopped within about 200ft of the end of the runway and the aircraft was evacuated through the use of slides as precaution. Paramedics reported treating 4 people for minor injuries sustained during the evacuation. The incident is thought to be due to a double birdstrike shortly after takeoff and the pilots were praised for their quick actions in keeping the plane in the air and bringing the plane down safely.

No further injuries were reported but the airport remained closed to incoming and outgoing traffic for 6 hours whilst the plane was inspected and the relevant authorities collected information from the aircraft. The FDR and CVR were also recovered to aid in the investigation. At about 20:15 Local Time, the plane was towed onto a taxiway close to the Runway and the Runway reopened at about 21:00 Local Time following a lengthy closure. Flights were redirected to Oakland International and San Jose Airport.

Major delays continue to be reported.

Kirkland

Kirkland

AE King

• 1,504 posts
Posted Image

Flying my Cessna 172 from Grayson County Airport (also known as North Texas Regional Airport ) along Lake Texoma, on the border of Texas and Oklahoma, which has great default FSX scenery. I took off Runway 35 and flew north over the lake.

I flew at 3,000 ft over pretty much..... nothing?

In the photo you see above, I was approaching my landing at Ardmore Municipal Airport (also known as Ardmore Industrial Airpark) on Runway 31. It was a peaceful landing in my opinion.... and well, a pretty great flight. I flew it using my Saitek physical control column :awesome: .

Posted Image

Sim Used : FSX
Plane Used : Cessna 172

nWcLJH0.png

Kirkland

Kirkland

AE King

• 1,504 posts
United Airlines Flight 832/833
Route : Denver to San Diego via. Las Vegas
Sim : FSX
Airplane : United Airlines 737-800
Addons? : WOAI

Posted Image

Flight 832 begins it's approach to McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas with 120 passengers onboard. In the background you can see the Las Vegas Strip, looking quite similar to a normal downtown district in at 10:30 in the morning. The 9:29 AM flight was full to Vegas.

Posted Image

UA832 parks at it's gate at McCarran Airport. 78 of the passengers on-board get off, and 42 more get on-board, leaving only 84 people on-board for the 3/4 full flight half hour flight to San Diego as UA833.

Posted Image

UA833 takes off from Runway 25L at McCarran Airport for the beaches of San Diego, California. In this photo, there is a better view of the Strip.

Posted Image

UA833 makes an ILS landing on Runway 9 at Lindbergh Field in San Diego, California. The passengers onboard cannot wait to get on with their vacation plans in Socal.

Posted Image

More photos of the peaceful landing at Lindbergh Field above.
Posted Image

UA833 pulls up at it's gate at Lindbergh Field. All of the passengers get off as the 737-800 makes a relocation flight to Los Angeles International Airport. :)

nWcLJH0.png

james767

james767

AE Know It All

• 175 posts
Sim : X plane 10
Name of Flight : AA Flight 634
Route : BOS to SEA
Plane : AA B767-300ER WL
Addons : B767 KBOS airport
Taxi
Posted Image
Clime
Posted Image
In flight
Posted ImagePosted Image
Comeing in to land
Posted Image
Taix to gate
Posted Image

Ioh

Ioh

Baaauussss

• 1,649 posts
Nice :D X-plane is :drool:

*Climb
*Coming
*Taxi

ADWAM.png

StevenP95

StevenP95

AE Know It All

• 134 posts
British Airways Flight 497
Dominique - St Lucia
Arriving: Castiers Airport

Aircraft: A318
Runway: 27 Visual Approach
Game: FSX

At the Gate in Dominique, things were not looking good in terms of flying a plane full of holiday makers through the air. The conditions were miserable, but the Pilots still decided to go ahead with the flight!

Posted Image

Flight 497 taxied to Runway 19 for the 35 minute fly to the lovely Island of Saint Lucia. At 14:50, clearance is given for Flight 497 to take-off into the rainy conditions over the Caribbean and the Air Traffic Controller, takes this photo.

Posted Image

When airborne, the conditions, if anything get worse and the visibility is reduced to nearly 0. The plane is being shaken about by the wind and the rain is streaming past the A318 at just 1000ft above the ground.

Posted Image

At about 9000ft, the plane goes above the cloud base and to the relief of the pilot, the remainder of the flight looks clear and calm with great views of Martinique and Saint Lucia. The plane climbs to 11000ft and the passengers relax knowing they will be catching their connecting flight or relaxing on the beach shortly.

Posted Image

As the plane descends, Flight 497 is cleared to land on the Visual Runway 27. Conditions are calm, unlike in Dominique and the pilot turns off the Autopilot for the tricky approach down to the runway along with beautiful views of the Saint Lucian coast and towns. The approach to Castries is obscured with a mountain on Short Final which must be negotiated before a steep descent to the runway. Add this to the fact the runway is under 6000ft and it is apparent that this is not a nice approach :P

Posted Image

Flight 497 now comes in low over the mountain and lowers the gear in order to prepare for landing.

Posted Image

Finally, flight 497 touches down in Castiers, Saint Lucia and all 89 passengers are now free to go and enjoy the rest of their afternoon!

Posted Image

NilsOlavThePenguin

NilsOlavThePenguin

Penguin

• 673 posts
Gold Air flight 099
Amsterdam - London City
Arriving: A field outside of Amsterdam

Aircraft: CRJ-700
Game: FSX

Flight 099 had arrived a day earlier in to amsterdam on its way to London City airport from Kristiansand airport (Norway).

After developing a fuel leak in flight the crew decided to deivert to amsterdam.
After the fuel leak was fixed the aircraft made a test flight and was put back in to service. As It was taking off from amsterdam schipol airport the nr.1 engine ingested a bird. The engine's oil temp started rising and the crew had to shut the engine down. With only one engine operational and only being able to produce 50% thrust the captain tried to go to rotterdam airport. It turned out to be unable to do so. The captain then made the wise decision to put the plane down in a field.

The plane made a nice landing in a field.

Later, the passengers complained about the flight being to short.

james767

james767

AE Know It All

• 175 posts
X plane 10
QF005
SIN-SYD
747-400
cabin before boarding
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
After take off
Posted ImagePosted Image