Photo

Competitors, listen up!

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

52N13E

52N13E

AE Player

• 55 posts
If you really need to fulfill your desire to compete with me, at least undercut my pricing SENSIBLY to ease the hit in revenue and not just leave things at default before dashing off to jump yet another of my routes.

Sincerely, on peeved off player.

lvan

lvan

AE Addict

• 864 posts
It's called competition, deal wit hit. They can undercut however they want.

Ioh

Ioh

Baaauussss

• 1,649 posts
I sense your airline is struggling, its not the competitions fault, its your fault for not being competitive.

ADWAM.png

Japantitan/MW744

Japantitan/MW744

Proud Owner Of Kingdom Airlines

• 151 posts
Sometimes you have to compete and other times you are so god damn lucky to not have to compete on routes.

Air Maple, your gateway to the North. / AirToronto, from A to YTZ.

52N13E

52N13E

AE Player

• 55 posts
I'm still well off financially, but I just fail to see how anyone can simply ignore the revenue potential of a route.

Heck, I might even tolerate others or actually yield a few seats if anyone just wouldn't come in all elbows and knees!

Pineair

Pineair

AE Luver

• 474 posts

User's Awards

10    16    12       9   
How much larger than you is your aggressor?

52N13E

52N13E

AE Player

• 55 posts
In terms of number of planes, 12 times.

WaltBren

WaltBren

AE Player

• 92 posts
I'm having similar problems. Just got started in the world, found a great hub with lots of unserved routes. Less than 12 hours in, some 1000+ aircraft airline has come into my hub, duplicated every single one of my routes and undercut me by $50 on every route. I logged in and saw negative DOP. I mean, I've been checking for days to get an open slot on this world just to be met by some ******* whose goal is to kill of competitors instead of building a reasonable, realistic airline.

Some people.

WaltBren

WaltBren

AE Player

• 92 posts
Now that I matched or lowered prices on every route in my network, I'm making 40% less than I was one game month ago. This is ridiculous. ($1.8 M DOP down to just a hair over $1 M. And the culprit is "White Star Lines." Don't know if anyone else has been affected by the same... person.

Anže

Anže

• 9 posts

Now that I matched or lowered prices on every route in my network, I'm making 40% less than I was one game month ago. This is ridiculous. ($1.8 M DOP down to just a hair over $1 M. And the culprit is "White Star Lines." Don't know if anyone else has been affected by the same... person.

If you still have profit at the end of the month, then you are ok.

Pineair

Pineair

AE Luver

• 474 posts

User's Awards

10    16    12       9   

Don't take it personal he is doing it to lots of people seems on a random basis, and so are others, AE is far more vicious than in the real world. I once lost over $5million DOP overnight. When you match his price, you may not have to on business class, try this, reduce your capacity at the same time - look to take just less than 50% of the demand and you should make a better profit. good Luck

pseudoswede

pseudoswede

Play to win.

• 403 posts

User's Awards

5    3      

Just got started in the world, found a great hub with lots of unserved routes. Less than 12 hours in, some 1000+ aircraft airline has come into my hub, duplicated every single one of my routes and undercut me by $50 on every route.

Did you actually think an airport that large with lucrative trunk routes would go unserved for such a long time? If I saw such a situation (very large airport with less than 6 airlines based/hubbed there), I would move in very quickly.

Nexus8

Nexus8

Football Wingback

• 2,389 posts

User's Awards

Did you actually think an airport that large with lucrative trunk routes would go unserved for such a long time? If I saw such a situation (very large airport with less than 6 airlines based/hubbed there), I would move in very quickly.

Asumning one or two is inactive I have to agree with you on that.

Signature%203.png

FlyingDutchman7

FlyingDutchman7

AE Player

• 39 posts

I'm having similar problems. Just got started in the world, found a great hub with lots of unserved routes. Less than 12 hours in, some 1000+ aircraft airline has come into my hub, duplicated every single one of my routes and undercut me by $50 on every route. I logged in and saw negative DOP. I mean, I've been checking for days to get an open slot on this world just to be met by some ******* whose goal is to kill of competitors instead of building a reasonable, realistic airline.

Some people.

That's exactly what real airlines do. It's called competition, and airlines indeed go bankrupt because of it. Now it's up to you to decide how you can make your airline stay alive: make the prices even lower, chose different routes, move to another place, or rename your airline and 'hide from that vicious monster'. Well, or you can go bankrupt.

Nexus8

Nexus8

Football Wingback

• 2,389 posts

User's Awards

That's exactly what real airlines do. It's called competition, and airlines indeed go bankrupt because of it. Now it's up to you to decide how you can make your airline stay alive: make the prices even lower, chose different routes, move to another place, or rename your airline and 'hide from that vicious monster'. Well, or you can go bankrupt.

That is it in its simplest form

Signature%203.png

twkeisling

twkeisling

AE Addict To-Be

• 11 posts
Just undercut them, I was making 500,000 DOP for a while and the other airline just gave up.
CEO of Island Air
twkeisling

Nexus8

Nexus8

Football Wingback

• 2,389 posts

User's Awards

Scam IFS

Signature%203.png

Jim Denham

Jim Denham

AE Addict To-Be

• 10 posts
These new airlines keep coming in and trying to compete, they're are so pesky. WSUK can pi$$ off and Bumblelines can go away too :)

the DOC

the DOC

AE King

• 1,845 posts

User's Awards

2    3    4    3      

Don't take it personal he is doing it to lots of people seems on a random basis, and so are others, AE is far more vicious than in the real world. I once lost over $5million DOP overnight. When you match his price, you may not have to on business class, try this, reduce your capacity at the same time - look to take just less than 50% of the demand and you should make a better profit. good Luck

I once lost $21million in 8 hours - I was getting $39million a day

LazyNoNos

LazyNoNos

AE Player

• 55 posts
  • Skype Name:alijameel5

User's Awards

I am soooooooooooooo luck no competitor. My fist successful airline since AE4.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users