Photo

New, need some help :P

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

geronimoblue6

geronimoblue6

• 9 posts

User's Awards

Hi I'm new to Airline Empires. Looks like a great game, but could someone explain to me how to play? :P

Posted Image

Mobeer

Mobeer

AE Luver

• 325 posts

User's Awards

8       2    2   
Given it's free, I suggest you just dive in at the deep end!
Register (I guess you have done that already to be on the forum)
Pick a world that is not full - maybe a world O2 as it has less political restrictions to worry about
Then follow steps in http://wiki.airline-...r_First_Airline

As you get questions, ask away on the forums where help is at hand

geronimoblue6

geronimoblue6

• 9 posts

User's Awards

Thanks! :)

Posted Image

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts
I can't believe somebody other than a mod actually directed somebody to the wiki.

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

I can't believe somebody other than a mod actually directed somebody to the wiki.

Haha, must be one of those 'rare occasions' :P

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

geronimoblue6

geronimoblue6

• 9 posts

User's Awards

I'm having trouble making a profit.

Posted Image

Mobeer

Mobeer

AE Luver

• 325 posts

User's Awards

8       2    2   
Get the 727 flying more hours, and generally try to start with lots of planes of few different types.

If you look at Airline Finance and then the Aircraft Maintenance tab, note how each type of plane has a base maintenance cost far larger than the cost per extra plane.

Jedflyer

Jedflyer

AE Addict To-Be

• 20 posts
Follow the wiki instructions :)

KJS607

KJS607

The O.G. Savage

• 3,860 posts

User's Awards

6       3   

Follow the wiki instructions :)

Although they are becoming ever more out-dated and need a total overhaul :P ( to be done for AE4 )

msg-1341-0-50048700-1680446869_thumb.png

I did a thing: thetravelsavage.com

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts
OP, it seems you are still having trouble making a profit. I would suggest avoiding the trunk routes between large airports (which you are flying now) as those are the most competition-heavy and least profitable ones. Look for underserved routes to smaller cities instead. ;)

geronimoblue6

geronimoblue6

• 9 posts

User's Awards

Thanks for the tips :)

Posted Image

boeingboy

boeingboy

AE Addict To-Be

• 21 posts
One of my tactics is to search routes until you find one that has a high passenger demand an little if any carriers flying on that route. Start out flying these routes untill you have enough money ($100 million - $200 million) to branch out to routes that have more competition. Also, if you are starting out in a world that has a lot of time elapsed, lease used aircraft. They are a lot cheaper then leasing or buying new.

rsfeva3213

rsfeva3213

• 8 posts
Hi everybody,

I'm also new. I've read the tutorial and I've also looked on the wiki (which wasn't really helpful). And I'm flying on secondary airports and I'm making a good profit with that (about $40,000) but when I look at my finances, it says that at the end of the month there will be a loss of $1,000,000 - $2,000,000 :S . So can someone help me out????

Edit: I'm flying with the Vickers Viscount 700D btw

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

Hi everybody,

I'm also new. I've read the tutorial and I've also looked on the wiki (which wasn't really helpful). And I'm flying on secondary airports and I'm making a good profit with that (about $40,000) but when I look at my finances, it says that at the end of the month there will be a loss of $1,000,000 - $2,000,000 :S . So can someone help me out????

Edit: I'm flying with the Vickers Viscount 700D btw

Welcome! :wave:

It's hard to operate profitably with only one aircraft. The first thing I do when starting a new airline is lease more aircraft. If you don't have enough cash, you can take out a bond or two to lease aircraft (but make sure your credit rating doesn't go below CCC if you do).

Also, make sure each aircraft is flying as many hours as it can. You can see the daily flight hours remaining from your Aircraft page - I suggest keep adding flights until that number reaches the single digits.

rsfeva3213

rsfeva3213

• 8 posts
Is this good or bad?
http://imageshack.us...ineempires.png/

Will101

Will101

Only Teardrops

• 1,683 posts
its kinda bad as its showing u are losing over $1,000,000 a month but I wouldn't worry too much as over time your profits will rise

rsfeva3213

rsfeva3213

• 8 posts
how long will that be?

I have $6,000,000 bank balance btw

Will101

Will101

Only Teardrops

• 1,683 posts
depending how much you use your aircraft and on what routes it can vary. Try to use cheep aircraft(or the same aircraft type) for a bit on a few routes to secondary airports with 20 hour utilization. Try to only lease aircraft as well. Only lease about 2 aircraft with the money you have at the moment, baring in mind costs

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

how long will that be?

I have $6,000,000 bank balance btw

The short answer is you need more planes (preferably within the same family until you reach 10 aircraft) and add as many routes as you can to use up your aircraft hours. More flying = more income = more planes, and so on. You need to be in a positive growth cycle. :P

rsfeva3213

rsfeva3213

• 8 posts
The F-27 isn't available as used aircraft for lease anymore :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users