• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

mxax-ai

mxax-ai

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 585 posts

User's Awards

3    3      
How can anyone run an A380 profitably? I haven't managed to find any route with enough empty demand to justify the use of an A380 and the game rewards smaller planes with higher frequency with image. Still airlines buy/lease A380s in quite high numbers. So how does this work?

Other question, somehow related: Sometimes the competition is very high (>5 airlines) and the supply is much (2-4-times) higher than the demand. How do those planes get full and run profitably?

ar157

ar157

Resident Australian Arnimal

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

How can anyone run an A380 profitably? I haven't managed to find any route with enough empty demand to justify the use of an A380 and the game rewards smaller planes with higher frequency with image. Still airlines buy/lease A380s in quite high numbers. So how does this work?

Other question, somehow related: Sometimes the competition is very high (>5 airlines) and the supply is much (2-4-times) higher than the demand. How do those planes get full and run profitably?

Quite easily actually, just lower the prices.

adityapratama

adityapratama

Indonesian Sub-Forum Moderator

• 1,067 posts
What makes you think A380 isn't profitable? :P

It's an :awesome: aircraft :P

Globe Alliance Leader

R1RDz7e.jpg

adityapratama

adityapratama

• 1,067 posts
Oh regarding your comment about smaller airplanes with higher frequency, you must take note they have higher frequency but much fewer seats while A380 have fewer frequency but a lot more seats.

Globe Alliance Leader

R1RDz7e.jpg

mxax-ai

mxax-ai

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 585 posts

User's Awards

3    3      

Quite easily actually, just lower the prices.

What makes you think A380 isn't profitable? :P

of course one can always lower the prices, but theres no sense in lowering them so far to fly with a loss even though full planes.

Oh regarding your comment about smaller airplanes with higher frequency, you must take note they have higher frequency but much fewer seats while A380 have fewer frequency but a lot more seats.

I guess if there are 5 737 flying five times as much as an A380 flying 7 times a week, there is either way a supply of ~4000 seats/week. The image of the 737s will be higher because of the higher frequency. (of course the cost for gates will be higher too, but that usually can be disregarded) Plus most routes don't even support 4000 seats/week, and those that do are usually overfull.

adityapratama

adityapratama

• 1,067 posts
For fully maximize A380, you'll have to fly more than 8000mi, if you're using it for shorter routes, the fuel consumption will suck away your revenue (that's because prices for long haul is always higher than short haul)

And, if the route is over saturated, you can still use the same airplane for another route.

Globe Alliance Leader

R1RDz7e.jpg

The Airbus Guy

The Airbus Guy

Aviation expert

• 147 posts
of course they are profitable I have 93 of them with 10 on order :)
qatar_img.jpg

Nexus8

Nexus8

Football Wingback

• 2,389 posts

User's Awards

Just fly one a week i take a route with 100 y daily demand and offer 150 fifty. I sell about 125 direct and the extra connect. The Single flight get me between 175,000 and 230,000 a day.

Signature%203.png

Ricardo18

Ricardo18

• 3 posts
i wanna a380 if theres new world and i belive that profitable, but to day we could ignore A380 right now

The Airbus Guy

The Airbus Guy

Aviation expert

• 147 posts

i wanna a380 if theres new world and i belive that profitable, but to day we could ignore A380 right now

Whys that then? >_>
qatar_img.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users