Photo

Airline bail-outs!

* - - - - 1 votes

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Poll: Airline bail-outs! (30 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think this is a good idea?

1. Yes (8 votes [26.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.67%

2. Voted No (18 votes [60.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 60.00%

3. Only in some worlds (4 votes [13.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

I came up with this idea as a solution for profitabe airlines to expand if in debt or to get new planes. What does everyone think?

M4matthew

M4matthew

M4Matthew

• 673 posts
Wouldn't this just encourage airlines to go into debt? Besides if they're profitable they shouldn't be in debt in the first place.

....I can't think of a privately owned airline getting a bail-out (or a government payment) just to order new aircraft - other than Emirates. It simply doesn't happen.

EDIT: Also, isn't that what bonds are for?

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts
If you need a bailout in AE, you're doing it wrong :whistling:

Delta787

Delta787

Delta787

• 92 posts
When you mention a bailout, I thinking of airlines in severe debt, like in the millions or billions and just trying to stay afloat. If you want to use it for that, I'm for it.

Wouldn't this just encourage airlines to go into debt? Besides if they're profitable they shouldn't be in debt in the first place. ....I can't think of a privately owned airline getting a bail-out (or a government payment) just to order new aircraft - other than Emirates. It simply doesn't happen. EDIT: Also, isn't that what bonds are for?

I agree with what M4 Matthew said.

Kelvie Smith
A&P Mechanic
Flight Sim Enthusiast

Posted ImagePosted Image

Delta-Northwest

Delta-Northwest

AE Viking!

• Data Manager
  • 705 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

If you need a bailout in AE, you're doing it wrong :whistling:

I have to agree with yuxi on this one.... :P

Delta-Northwest  :viking: 

Moldova96

Moldova96

AE Winner

• AE Moderator / Data Collector
  • 2,024 posts
Bailouts should not be introduced, the airline should be forced to restructure it's operations, sell of assets it holds and shrink down it's operations. Bailout just encourage uprofitable airlines.

eu30cUI.png

violetQueen

violetQueen

The Resident B!tch

• 584 posts
Isn't that what bonds are for?

I liked TW and it's gone. NW, and it's gone. CO, and it's gone. Pray I don't like you.

"How sad it would be, should laughter disappear."
Posted Image

Spoiler

Pineair

Pineair

AE Luver

• 474 posts

User's Awards

10    16    12       9   
Bankruptcy and start again no need for bailouts.

Mr Tree

Mr Tree

AE Addict

• 886 posts

Yes, perhaps then you would properly grow an airline. There should be no need for bail-outs.

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

Isn't that what bonds are for?

It's not what I'm trying to say, for example if there is an airline making 5,000,000 a day in rervenue but they need new aircraft/ are in debt and want to keep profitable parts that a profitable airline can give them maybe 1,000,000,000 which they would repay in some years time when it is profitable. If not the lendor can liquidate the airline.

pseudoswede

pseudoswede

Play to win.

• 403 posts

User's Awards

5    3      
If you need to repay, then it's not a bail-out. It's a loan; and there is already a bond system in place.

sviridovt

sviridovt

AE King

• 1,512 posts
  • Skype Name:tim.sviridov
He means loaning money from other airlines, while it would be kinda cool. I can guarantee you that people will abuse it and like people said, there is a bond system in place which is similar.

leigh

leigh

AE Addict To-Be

• 19 posts
I don't think this is a good idea at all. Part of maintaining a successful business is to ensure sufficent cashflow at all times.

Infact, I believe AE is not harsh enough to players in debt. I have observed airlines that are millions of dollars in debt, and therefore shouldn't be able to pay employee's wages, suppliers invoices, purchase fuel etc, yet continue to operate an airline for years.

I would argue that if you do not have the cashflow for these items for a period of, say, 3 months, then the company placed in administration and liquidators start selling off assets until either all debts are paid and cashflow is in the positive, or the airline is bankrupt and removed.

It was crazy to see an airline that had no cash, and a negative valuation continue to dominate the market on various routes.

M4matthew

M4matthew

M4Matthew

• 673 posts

I don't think this is a good idea at all. Part of maintaining a successful business is to ensure sufficent cashflow at all times.

Infact, I believe AE is not harsh enough to players in debt. I have observed airlines that are millions of dollars in debt, and therefore shouldn't be able to pay employee's wages, suppliers invoices, purchase fuel etc, yet continue to operate an airline for years.

I would argue that if you do not have the cashflow for these items for a period of, say, 3 months, then the company placed in administration and liquidators start selling off assets until either all debts are paid and cashflow is in the positive, or the airline is bankrupt and removed.

It was crazy to see an airline that had no cash, and a negative valuation continue to dominate the market on various routes.

You should be able to 'like' IP.Board comments :P

Mobeer

Mobeer

AE Luver

• 325 posts

User's Awards

8       2    2   

I don't think this is a good idea at all. Part of maintaining a successful business is to ensure sufficent cashflow at all times....

This is good.

In R5 there are airlines in debt by billions that will keep on flying and keep losing money so long as the player occasionally logs in. Worse still in R2 the world was full with hugely indebted airlines hogging spaces.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users