Photo

Employee pay averages

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

X-Wing @Aliciousness

X-Wing @Aliciousness

I think you'll like them!

• 1,760 posts
I have no idea why, but the employee pay averages in R2 are wayyyy higher than they are in every world: Operations personnel have an average pay of $55 an hour, more than the average pay of the pilots...

UbxSbIt.png

2ndAcr

2ndAcr

AE Know It All

• 246 posts

User's Awards

7    2      
Because someone is jacking with the danged payroll prices again like they do in every danged world.

My payroll was no where near this a 6am this morning.

jindoakuji

jindoakuji

• 4 posts
it's not ideal, but i wouldn't even bother keeping up with it... anyone who is paying that much to impact the whole world's scale isn't going to be around very long... and since training new personnel is still cheaper than doubling their salary (which, some of them are 2x), that's the route i'm taking...
Without doubt, Concorde died yesterday at the age of 31. All that will remain is the myth of a beautiful white bird.

2ndAcr

2ndAcr

AE Know It All

• 246 posts

User's Awards

7    2      
99% of the time it is an airline already close to death, but I have seen airlines with neg 3 bil last forever.

X-Wing @Aliciousness

X-Wing @Aliciousness

I think you'll like them!

• 1,760 posts
Oh, I didn't change my pay rates in return, but it's annoying when you have to pay for good salaries, and they are still pissed off so you also to have to pay for rehiring and training costs.

UbxSbIt.png

2ndAcr

2ndAcr

AE Know It All

• 246 posts

User's Awards

7    2      
Exactly, it is very very irritating.

I wish Yuxi would do an immediate pull the plug on any offending airline that does this.

Chaapa

Chaapa

AE Addict To-Be

• 19 posts
Some things are starting to change in R2, with e.g. aloft disappearing off the market. Therefore we should perhaps only expect some turbulences before things start to settle down...

Posted Image

Delta787

Delta787

Delta787

• 92 posts
I agree. Something must be done because depending on how you set your reserves and everything else, next thing you now you have a negative balance because you giving hand and foot to keep your employees happy. I usually give a $2 dollar raise at the end of the year and that seems to help, sometimes. :/ But I would wish Yuxi would look into this because sometimes the turnover kills when you are trying to keep up with the industry. I say, TO HECK WITH THE INDUSTRY AVERAGE! :disgusted: I run my airline how I like. Rewards come later! :P

Kelvie Smith
A&P Mechanic
Flight Sim Enthusiast

Posted ImagePosted Image

pseudoswede

pseudoswede

Play to win.

• 403 posts

User's Awards

5    3      
We'll see who the culprit is in the 16th...

I wouldn't sweat it too much. My ground crew is only at 6% turnover even being $32 under average. That just means an extra $25,000 in re-training (compared to normal turnover), which is nothing compared to trying to match the average wage.

Chaapa

Chaapa

AE Addict To-Be

• 19 posts

We'll see who the culprit is in the 16th...

I wouldn't sweat it too much. My ground crew is only at 6% turnover even being $32 under average. That just means an extra $25,000 in re-training (compared to normal turnover), which is nothing compared to trying to match the average wage.

Don't raise the salaries. Leave them as they are. Besides, if anything regarding the salaries should be implemented, then it is the ability for the workers to strike. Some people avoid salaries by dumping them, thereby gaining an advantage far bigger than the one we who keep them, gain from reputation. (since reputation seems worthless at times)

Posted Image

Spanish David

Spanish David

AE QuasiDeveloper

• 195 posts

User's Awards

3    2   
Meh, i pay them for working not for being unhappy :whip:

Posted Image

2ndAcr

2ndAcr

AE Know It All

• 246 posts

User's Awards

7    2      
The airline in question was/is Alliance Air that is 1.5 billion in the red with no planes and no routes.

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts
The offending payroll has been removed.

Looks like we need to bring back auto-bankruptcy for having sustained negative cash balance <_<

pseudoswede

pseudoswede

Play to win.

• 403 posts

User's Awards

5    3      

Looks like we need to bring back auto-bankruptcy for having sustained negative cash balance <_<

Why was this feature removed in the first place? Shouldn't be difficult to calculate sellable assets versus cash-on-hand and DOP.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users