Photo

Leasing limit ?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Gevans

Gevans

Above average airline exec.

• 100 posts
I'm a new player but have played other airline sims before.

I leased 5 aircraft and took out 2 - $5 million bonds to help pay for them before this game world started today.

Started making a profit within a few days and my cash started growing so I decided to lease a 6th aircraft of a different type. Took out a third $5 million loan and then tried to lease this aircraft.
But the game won't let me...... saying because my credit rating is now CC I can only have 5 planes.

Now I have all this cash and making a profit but can't lease any more planes.........this is frustrating.

I had no idea there was such a low limit to the amount of planes you can lease.......and I was reading in the forums that leasing lots of planes was the way to grow your airline quickly.

What's going on ?

highland

highland

AE Luver

• 393 posts

I'm a new player but have played other airline sims before.

I leased 5 aircraft and took out 2 - $5 million bonds to help pay for them before this game world started today.

Started making a profit within a few days and my cash started growing so I decided to lease a 6th aircraft of a different type. Took out a third $5 million loan and then tried to lease this aircraft.
But the game won't let me...... saying because my credit rating is now CC I can only have 5 planes.

Now I have all this cash and making a profit but can't lease any more planes.........this is frustrating.

I had no idea there was such a low limit to the amount of planes you can lease.......and I was reading in the forums that leasing lots of planes was the way to grow your airline quickly.

What's going on ?

i'm surprised that none of the big wigs answered you yet. that's chilling ain't it ? anyhow, yes, the credit rating has this thing about only allowing so many planes to a given credit score. so, with that being said. you have a couple choices here. you can use that whopping bundle of cash your carring on either buying some of those planes your already leasing and that will open up some leasing room. or, you can buy some buildings. that is buying terminals and hubs. they'll all tell you that terminals are the best. and they are right. anyhow. doing that will lower some expenses and maybe even raise the credit score some. or just build up that piggy bank a little bit more and just buy the planes outright. . . . doing that will also open up somemore leasing room.

so anyhow, that's whats going on. . . . .

Gevans

Gevans

• 100 posts
I would'nt exactly call the cash I have a whopping amount and it definately is'nt enough to start buying aircraft with cash, besides......all I read in the forums is don't buy airplanes.........lease them till your airline gets big and then you'll have the extra cash to buy them.
I would'nt call 6 planes a "big" airline .......... lol, and I only have 1 right now.

If I had know this restriction before hand I would have done things a little different.

So is what I read in the forums wrong ??

ar157

ar157

Resident Australian Arnimal

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

Don't take out bonds. Period.

highland

highland

AE Luver

• 393 posts

I would'nt exactly call the cash I have a whopping amount and it definately is'nt enough to start buying aircraft with cash, besides......all I read in the forums is don't buy airplanes.........lease them till your airline gets big and then you'll have the extra cash to buy them.
I would'nt call 6 planes a "big" airline .......... lol, and I only have 1 right now.

If I had know this restriction before hand I would have done things a little different.

So is what I read in the forums wrong ??

no, in one hand it's not wrong. it's just depending on when you start playing in a world.
for instance.

leasing alot of planes, in a new world. leasing alot of planes just doesn't happen. that's because for the first ten or fifteen real life days. the game just doesn't have an open market to follow the " buy all you can leasing advice ". the planes just ain't there.

but on the other hand. if you come into a game late. say about five or six game years in. then the lease gig starts to work like the good advice it is. but even still. everything all depends on the kind of planes your looking for.

The forums ? ? ? ? the forum guards run around with cattle zappers. so for the most part, if you read a thread that the posters name was in say yellow, red, green, blue, orange or any other color for that matter. if you read some advice from them. then anything you read in the forums is not wrong... just outdated here and there.

Gevans

Gevans

• 100 posts
Ok, found the section in Wiki about leasing and credit rating.......now I just have to get my credit rating up so I can lease more planes.

ar157

ar157

Resident Australian Arnimal

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

lies/. Take out bonds if you know you are able to boost your credit score and not bk in the first mth...

yeah and chances are these guys are gonna bk in the first month :P

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts
1) I would not recommend taking out bonds as a growth strategy in the beginning unless you know what you're doing. I will add a warning about the lease limit to the bonds page though. :P

2) Contrary to highland's suspicions, not receiving a response from a staff member within 30 minutes of a forum post does not mean we're conspiring against you in some way. :ph34r:

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts
Thread Cleaned

Keep it on topic guys <_<

Randallator

Randallator

Train Fan

• 337 posts

User's Awards

do take bonds i usually take 1 of each and work out fine i end up with -BB rating and only take more bonds when it goes up again and if i need it

2rLn142.pngmsg-26818-0-86969200-1392319731.png

#aerlingus&ryanairworldbestairline

Spanish David

Spanish David

AE QuasiDeveloper

• 195 posts

User's Awards

3    2   
I always take bonds....

Posted Image

pseudoswede

pseudoswede

Play to win.

• 403 posts

User's Awards

5    3      
I didn't take out any bonds. I think I'm doing okay.

The game is a marathon, not a sprint.

straccaletto

straccaletto

• 7 posts
Anyway, is there a way to repay a bond?
Thanks
Francesco

ChiJohnAok

ChiJohnAok

AE Know It All

• 147 posts
  • Yahoo ID:siebenburgenair
  • ICQ Number:609576981

User's Awards

9    5    2    4   
There is no way (that I an aware of) to pay off a bond early. Interest will automatically be deducted from you monthly.

Once the bond matures, the system will attempt to collect the bond amount from you and deduct it from your cash reserves.

Co-founder of MB Global Alliance

MBGlobalAlliancebanner.jpg

**OLT@22.Hrvatska**

**OLT@22.Hrvatska**

CEO Of The Blue1 Brand

• 61 posts

User's Awards

2    2      

True. if your airline goes into negative, you got a problem

I Have Flown on: ATR 72, Q400, Airbus: 319, 320, 330 Boeing:737-800, 747-8, 767-300ER, Embrear 175,190

Alfrenzo

Alfrenzo

Probably retired

• 861 posts

User's Awards

2       6    3   
It's a bond, not a loan. Just don't take bonds, especially for newer players. Growing smaller first than exponentially is much better than exponentially first then into decline.

noelair%20banner.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users