Photo

Is someone mucking about with wages again?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Pineair

Pineair

AE Luver

• 474 posts

User's Awards

10    16    12       9   
Industrial averages have gone through the roof. I'm not, for example, prepared to match an industrial average of $72 for ground crew.

Tyler Cardy

Tyler Cardy

• 1 posts
I hate these tactics...

parsonparsons

parsonparsons

AE Player

• 28 posts
what exactly should the wages be? this is my first time playing in about 4 years and 4 years ago we didnt have all these fancy things! i knew i was leaking money, just wasnt sure where :(

Pineair

Pineair

AE Luver

• 474 posts

User's Awards

10    16    12       9   
In the last day of R5 some idiot decided it would be interesting to see what would happen if they paid their staff over $3m an hour but they were easily identified by Yuxi as they were Trillions of $'s in the red. Surprisingly they only had two aircraft. If you are paying your staff below the industrial average they become unhappy and staff turnover increases which increases your costs as replacements have to be trained.

This time there are two airlines, based in Italy, both with just 2 aircraft but over $700,000,000 in debt presumably they are the culprits. Admin do a grand job but they are going to have their work cutout if they have to cope with malicious acts.

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

Yeah I hate these people. You cannot afford to be able to pay that and why do they even do that? It's just a waste of money for everyone

LTU

LTU

• 3 posts
exactly, why are the avg salaries rising so quickly?

Pineair

Pineair

AE Luver

• 474 posts

User's Awards

10    16    12       9   
Probably because a small minority find it fun. There is one 'airline' which has no planes and a slogan "here to go bankrupt" which currently has a debt of over $13 billion.

Perhaps the method of calculating the averages needs to be changed so that it ignores the top 10%, and the bottom 10%.

2ndAcr

2ndAcr

AE Know It All

• 246 posts

User's Awards

7    2      
The game need to just dump airlines that go over 3 bil in the red. That would at least limit these tactics. Or go red for X months.

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

In the last day of R5 some idiot decided it would be interesting to see what would happen if they paid their staff over $3m an hour but they were easily identified by Yuxi as they were Trillions of $'s in the red. Surprisingly they only had two aircraft. If you are paying your staff below the industrial average they become unhappy and staff turnover increases which increases your costs as replacements have to be trained.

This time there are two airlines, based in Italy, both with just 2 aircraft but over $700,000,000 in debt presumably they are the culprits. Admin do a grand job but they are going to have their work cutout if they have to cope with malicious acts.

The max limit is $9999, but obviously it's an easy hack (which will be patched once I find the time) to make it the max allowed integer value (2.147 billion). Nevertheless, in the meantime anyone setting wages over the 4-digit limit (which requires a hack) will be treated as cheaters and dealt with accordingly.

Probably because a small minority find it fun. There is one 'airline' which has no planes and a slogan "here to go bankrupt" which currently has a debt of over $13 billion.

Perhaps the method of calculating the averages needs to be changed so that it ignores the top 10%, and the bottom 10%.

We will move to a median-based system (instead of mean) soon, so that should dilute the effect of one airline feeding in outliers for the fun of it. :P

Simon060

Simon060

AE Addict To-Be

• 11 posts

The max limit is $9999, but obviously it's an easy hack (which will be patched once I find the time) to make it the max allowed integer value (2.147 billion). Nevertheless, in the meantime anyone setting wages over the 4-digit limit (which requires a hack) will be treated as cheaters and dealt with accordingly.

We will move to a median-based system (instead of mean) soon, so that should dilute the effect of one airline feeding in outliers for the fun of it. :P

Will this be implemented in the current S1 world, or are we stuck with the high average wages?

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

Will this be implemented in the current S1 world, or are we stuck with the high average wages?

The offending payroll has been removed.

UseYourIllusion

UseYourIllusion

AE Player

• 31 posts

Posted Image

Seriously, who's that stupid to do that?

Alfrenzo

Alfrenzo

Probably retired

• 861 posts

User's Awards

2       6    3   
:facepalm: And seriously, who's that stupid to revive a dead thread?

noelair%20banner.png

BritAbroad

BritAbroad

Moderator and Data Collector

• Data Manager
  • 1,677 posts

:facepalm: And seriously, who's that stupid to revive a dead thread?

Who is that unpleasant to make snide pointless remarks?

sagsmall.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users