Overseas Hub in Realistic Worlds

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Dohi

Dohi

AE Ruler

• 80 posts
I would like to make an suggestion to be considered especially for realistic worlds; that is to be able to open overseas hub.

Now we can't set up an overseas hub for connecting flights (unless it's open world). Everytime we try to do this, we'll be prompted that due to political restrictions, you can't set up this route.

My suggestion:
We can open an overseas hub with A LIMIT. it can be only one or two maximum.
or, you can limit the openness only to certain countries only.
For example; in real life, Qantas Australia is able to open a hub in SIN. On daily basis, SIN becomes a connecting point for Qantas' Kangaroo route. (Kangaroo route is a route from London to Australia by flying over Europe to South East Asia and then to Australia).

If not, then there is no way that we can fly from Sydney to western Europe destinations. The farthest that an aircraft's range is only a little bit over 9000 (which is A350-900R).

Thanks.

pretoria46

pretoria46

AE Player

• 43 posts
In my opinion I don't think this should be introduced into the realistic worlds, It will never work because it is not fair and there is not enough route demand for airlines to compete like this. This is why there are open worlds where you can operate from two points outside of one's home country.

If it was to be introduced, there should be a limit on the number of flights an airline can have out of a hub that is not in their home country to another point outside of one's home country. For example from the SIN hub there should be a strict limit on frequencies allowed all together (let's say 14 frequencies per week ) from SIN to other destinations outside of Australia like SIN-LHR( e.g 9 times weekly) and SIN-FRA(e.g 5 times weekly) = 14 frequencies. Another thing is the cost of a foreign hub should cost twice as much to make it fair.

Just ask yourself of how you would feel feel if you have established your airline in Australia and then an Asian carrier opens a hub in Sydney and operates on your trunk routes, SYD-MEL, SYD-BNE e.t.c or even worse SYD-LAX taking away lots of your profit. I know I would be pretty angry.

Dohi

Dohi

AE Ruler

• 80 posts
Pretoria, i agree with the idea to against opening hub to "attack" domestic route. What i meant is the cross continent connect. In real life, there are several airports used for this purpose.

SIN for Kangaroo route - Qantas, British Airways, Emirates use Changi Airport to hop across South East Asia to Australia continent, but they do not operate inside Australian domestic routes, hence, LHR-DXB-SIN-SYD only.

or TPE, NRT and HNL used for Pacific crossing stop over. If i'm not mistaken, today the only airline to be able to cross Pacific directly is SIA, with its A340-600, from SIN to LAX. The rests need to hop.

Well, i just read the older posts in this forum, and it seems the developer has an idea to introduce this feature.

I completely agree with you regarding "the conditions" to open the overseas hub. It should be limited and costly expensive to able to do it.

Brando

Brando

• 499 posts
United has transpacific out of DEN or SFO with 747-400

pseudoswede

pseudoswede

Play to win.

• 403 posts

User's Awards

5    3      

United has transpacific out of DEN

Um. No.

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts
http://www.airline-e...connecting-pax/ would accommodate most of these issues (with air rights built in).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users