Photo

Dantes Air?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

classass

classass

• 2 posts
Don't want to sound like a sore loser but this airline (Dantes Air) seems to have just recently started up and in the space of a few hours (real time) massively expanded its fleet and valuation. Surely if their aircraft were bought/leased new there would be a considerable waiting time and I don't see how they could have raised enough capital to have purchased the aircraft second hand in literally 8 hours plus add close to $300,000,000 to their valuation.

Am I missing a trick somewhere?

Speed Bird

Speed Bird

AE Addict

• 866 posts

User's Awards

Probably just the fact I couldn't be arsed to flood his routes :P Nice to have a bit of competition, I see him as the BMI of the world; an LHR based short haul only airlines.

classass

classass

• 2 posts
That's what I thought but I'm pretty sure that at 11am my local time he had a valuation of around $20 odd million and by 7pm my local time his valuation was $300m and at least 8 new 767-300ERs, seems like a hell of a jump.

I could be completely wrong on what I think I saw and I want to be clear I'm not accusing the guy of anything but I'm just intrigued....

Speedbird - competition is all good and improves the game!! He seems to be making the jump to a BA of the world though...

Speed Bird

Speed Bird

AE Addict

• 866 posts

User's Awards

Considering I run BA, with Moldova, with near enough exactly the same schedules as the real world airline, I doubt that'll happen :P

alex1154555

alex1154555

AE Player

• Validating
  • 80 posts
Ive seen this kind of thing before as well. I dont recall what airline but I know it was a little hard to beleive that such a rapid expansion was possible...I can see why you are questioning it.

mariowebbocious

mariowebbocious

King Julian Wannabe

• 346 posts

User's Awards

well, because this is in the middle of the game, i dont really think that this is odd..
I mean, used market is flooded... and every new airline can always lease the cheapest aircraft, make money, stay on the computer every single second, watching other competitor movement, and set ticket prices for the sake of profit, then expand rapidly...

if this happened on the beginning of the world, well thats a real question...

KJ1.jpg

No, you're not home. You're flying with us.

darthmo

darthmo

AE Player

• 30 posts
Well yeah, start a new airline, take gazzilion loans, lease stuff from used market and fight to the death..

When I started early in the game, with 0 used planes, nobody (except the well-heeled) can afford such huge expansion..

Speed Bird

Speed Bird

AE Addict

• 866 posts

User's Awards

Part of the reason he's managed t expand so quickly is the major abundance of unserved routes from LHR. Like I say, I run BA, and operate only on routes that the real world carrier flies (with the odd exception I have to admit, there are about 2 or 3 short haul routes that BA don't actually fly). Hence, with no other major players hubbed at LHR, there was real potential for a second airline to grow.

Alfrenzo

Alfrenzo

Probably retired

• 861 posts

User's Awards

2       6    3   
Well, as bolli has said, only R-delta's LHR is severely underserved :/

noelair%20banner.png

Dan Dantes

Dan Dantes

• 6 posts
Well, I can tell you that there is no fould play here. Like some of the posts said, LHR was well underserved. I just picked up some used birds and started to fly routes that had no competitors. Sure, I did spend some time doing this and managed to Grab serious marketshare. The big challange with this game is that its hard to change prices on routes if you have 500+ machines and 1000routes. Makes is easier for a new player to grab hold.

New member, Im not sure that you got your numbers right about my value. But I know that at one point I jumped big time when i got the 763s into my fleet and started flying LH.

Anyway, leme know if you have any questions,

Dan
Dantes Air

Dan Dantes

Dan Dantes

• 6 posts

Don't want to sound like a sore loser but this airline (Dantes Air) seems to have just recently started up and in the space of a few hours (real time) massively expanded its fleet and valuation. Surely if their aircraft were bought/leased new there would be a considerable waiting time and I don't see how they could have raised enough capital to have purchased the aircraft second hand in literally 8 hours plus add close to $300,000,000 to their valuation.

Am I missing a trick somewhere?

Forgot to add, it was not 8hours. I think that I started the airline about 10dyas ago??? I think. Most importantly I only stayed with one fleet for much of that time until the profits started coming in.

Dan

Alfrenzo

Alfrenzo

Probably retired

• 861 posts

User's Awards

2       6    3   
There is an edit button if you realized. <_<
Why bother, you don't have to give them an explanation ^_^

noelair%20banner.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users