Fleet and Maintenance Costs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

alex1154555

alex1154555

AE Player

• Validating
  • 80 posts
How much does a fleet that has many different aircraft really cost in maintenance costs compared to if it were just three or four different types? And is it cheaper to have just Boeing instead of Boeing and Airbus?

Delta787

Delta787

Delta787

• 92 posts
It all depends. You can have a mix of different types of aircraft, but as aircraft age, the maintenance cost goes up also. And remember, that each aircraft family has a base cost for maintenance, no matter what type of engine you use. As for me, I use a mix of Airbus and Boeing aircraft, but as my aircraft get older, I replace them with a newer type to help cut down on the maintenance cost.

Kelvie Smith
A&P Mechanic
Flight Sim Enthusiast

Posted ImagePosted Image

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts
the costs for having large numbers of fleets types compared to just operating two or three aircraft types is extremely high. New airlines should of course avoid this at all costs because it can be quite crippling.
i.e
A320
B738
B77
E 170
Tup 144
Q400
CRJ 700

VS

A320
Q400

which do you think is more efficient?

The best value for money in my opinion on most cost effective aircraft would probably be the Q400 but you are best off talking to either BritAbroad or Yuxi. They would have better stats.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users