Photo

Mergers + Codeshares

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

gippyboy2006

gippyboy2006

• 6 posts

User's Awards

I think that if the game would allow airlines to setup codeshare agreements with individual airlines and also allow one airline to buy into another airline maximum one airliine can own of another airline being 49-51%. i feel this will make the game even more interesting and fun.

Delta787

Delta787

Delta787

• 92 posts
That is an interesting idea. But what about the larger airlines that come in and try to dominate the smaller airline it buys and then what? Does that mean that the larger airline that is a majority holder makes all the decisions without the input of the smaller airline? What about alliances? Which alliance do they stay in? But the codeshare idea, I like that. Something to thing about.

Kelvie Smith
A&P Mechanic
Flight Sim Enthusiast

Posted ImagePosted Image

Andri Arifin

Andri Arifin

AE Addict To-Be

• 23 posts
  • Yahoo ID:andrirfn

User's Awards

5       2      
good idea, we can have holding company here :dance:

JCosta

JCosta

• 3 posts
I think that is a good idea to be allowed to buy airlines. The shares could be put in a stock exchange by the owner like an IPO. The stakeholder could benefit from profit percentage.

jakelewisf1

jakelewisf1

• 6 posts

User's Awards

i like it, but the owner of both airlines need to negotiate the deal

BritAbroad

BritAbroad

Moderator and Data Collector

• Data Manager
  • 1,677 posts
For future reference - we have a suggestions forum for this kind of thing.

Codeshares are already under consideration.
A stock market was implemented some time ago, but it went badly wrong and had to be withdrawn. Its still something I'd like to see, but its a long way off.

sagsmall.png

gippyboy2006

gippyboy2006

• 6 posts

User's Awards

i would say cap the ownership at 49% and that the person who buys the 49% has a say in the direction of the company but end of the day the 51% owner has final say. but with 49% ownership i think that if the owner decides to leave the airline the remaining 51% should beable to be brought by the minor party. if it is brought by the person who owns the 49% they will need to decide under which airline will all routes fly under or if they are t operate seperately

craigdwatson

craigdwatson

AE Know It All

• 112 posts

User's Awards

Sounds like a great idea, I'm just glad I'm not the developer trying to get my brain around implementing such a system XD

gippyboy2006

gippyboy2006

• 6 posts

User's Awards

hope a system like it or similar is adapted

sviridovt

sviridovt

AE King

• 1,512 posts
  • Skype Name:tim.sviridov
This has been suggested allot before, but although its a cool idea, it will most likely be abused allot so unfortunately because some people just want to be huge and cheat, everyone has to suffer.

ar157

ar157

Resident Australian Arnimal

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

This has been suggested allot before, but although its a cool idea, it will most likely be abused allot so unfortunately because some people just want to be huge and cheat, everyone has to suffer.

Maybe limit it to airlines in your alliance, airlines run by the same player (or if the holding company idea comes to fruition then airlines within the same holding company) and a maximum of maybe 5? airlines outside your alliance.

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

That is an interesting idea. But what about the larger airlines that come in and try to dominate the smaller airline it buys and then what? Does that mean that the larger airline that is a majority holder makes all the decisions without the input of the smaller airline? What about alliances? Which alliance do they stay in? But the codeshare idea, I like that. Something to thing about.

I agree. For example if a big airline had competitors it could buy them out

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts
airlines by the same player would be one of the main cheating areas

ipaxton

ipaxton

• 1 posts
Not liking this idea at all specially since I'm new to the game. I wouldn't want my airline sucked up by someone that's been playing this game longer then i have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users