Sonic Boom Aircaraft are increase

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

zooweemama

zooweemama

AE Addict To-Be

• 18 posts

User's Awards

Aircraft that fly faster than the speed of sound should have a "sonic boom fare increase" because if you take these aircraft and fly them at normal fares, it'll NEVER make profit. the reality that British Airway's Concorde charges over $6000 for a round trip from London to new york, that is why we should be able to revive passengers even though the fare of a sonic boom aircraft is 5 times the normal fare. A suggestion is that to monitor and set up fare differently for the Concorde so it could reflect on the demand of high class supersonic travel fares.

zooweemama

zooweemama

AE Addict To-Be

• 18 posts

User's Awards

Sorry touch the enter button when typing i now i can't edit it

BritAbroad

BritAbroad

Moderator and Data Collector

• Data Manager
  • 1,677 posts
Actually, for the record, I have made a profit with Concorde on AE, but only where there was zero competition and on low frequencies.
This has been suggested before, with the suggestion of making speed accounted for in route reputation.

sagsmall.png

Spanish David

Spanish David

AE QuasiDeveloper

• 195 posts

User's Awards

3    2   

Actually, for the record, I have made a profit with Concorde on AE, but only where there was zero competition and on low frequencies.
This has been suggested before, with the suggestion of making speed accounted for in route reputation.

But wouldn´t this cause a disadvantage for regional airlines which use turboprops :?

Posted Image

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

In theory, a modification could be made that Concorde taps into the business class demand yet is able to charge 2.5x as much as competitors are offereing. However on routes where both Concorde and something else are available may cause issues...

Administrator of UnitedSkies alliance

and also a member of some other ones, but they're 2vip4u

BritAbroad

BritAbroad

Moderator and Data Collector

• Data Manager
  • 1,677 posts

But wouldn´t this cause a disadvantage for regional airlines which use turboprops :?

Definitely.
If presented with a trip taking half the time on a regional jet, you'd expect to pay more right?
It makes sense that slower props cause a lower route reputation, and thus have an impact on how much you can get away with charging, right?

It won't be a major change, as I don't think route rep has a major effect on the acceptable variation of price, but it will help.

sagsmall.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users