Photo

Server downtime

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Chicken

Chicken

• 291 posts
The downtime has now made it so I can only get access starting on the 2nd of the month - right after the massive monthly expenses are deducted.

I have been ordering two planes per month to keep deliveries coming - now will miss an order so must wait to get deliveries reset.

Yes it is now my turn, and I do not like it.

If there was ever a case for a 30-day month in the game, the server downtime is it. Maybe Miller can implement this change - it does seem to make the game more fair by giving everyone a more equal chance of getting gates at the beginning of the month, and having cash at the end of the month.

Timsher

Timsher

Just a ling

• 573 posts
  • WLM ID:Timsher@gmail.com
  • Yahoo ID:Timsher19
I agree, right now with the gate situation the way it is there is a huge advantage to being on the computer right when the month changes. Making a 30 day month would give everyone an equal opportunity to purchase those gates, not just those that happen to be on the right side of the world.

Month changes with a 30 day (hour) month
Month 1 (day 1)-00:00 gmt
Month 2 (day 2)-06:00 gmt
Month 3 (day 3)-12:00 gmt
Month 4 (day 4)-18:00 gmt
Month 5 (day 6)-00:00 gmt

Crazy764

Crazy764

• 206 posts
I agree as well. With this 24-day month, the timing of the month change is perfect for some people and totally incovenient for others.

Not really fair.

A 30-day month would even out the chances a bit.

StephenM

StephenM

• 987 posts
  • WLM ID:srkm@eircom.net
I like the current method.

doug_Or

doug_Or

AE Addict

• Veteran
  • 896 posts
well, if we keep having daily server outagesa it basicaly acts like a 30 day month ;)

mma

mma

• 425 posts

Originally posted by StephenM

Yes but if the change over AE year changes all the time - this makes it impossible to daily manage....

I can relate to Rubber Chicken.......as in Australia he would log in around 10pm and see the AE day of say 12........and his past debit gone so he can work on housekeeping...

I am in the UK......if I wanted to catch gates its 4am for me....today I was up......and BINGO - Down Again.....now for the Year turnover its 7 / 8 am......wow I get to sleep in...but some work during the day and leave at 6am.......

The USA it was....around 11pm / 2am......now thats out of wack......

So it goes on and on......

Solution for the Chicken......:

Laptop in bed......;):P:P

doug_Or

doug_Or

AE Addict

• Veteran
  • 896 posts

Originally posted by mma
Yes but if the change over AE year changes all the time - this makes it impossible to daily manage....

This won't change with a 30 day month- the server will still be overlaoded on occasion.

EuropAir

EuropAir

• 76 posts
Now you can also get a jetlag from managing an airline.

mma

mma

• 425 posts

Originally posted by mma

Originally posted by StephenM

I can relate to Rubber Chicken.......as in Australia he would log in around 10pm and see the AE day of say 12........and his past debit gone so he can work on housekeeping...

I am in the UK......if I wanted to catch gates its 4am for me....today I was up......and BINGO - Down Again.....now for the Year turnover its 7 / 8 am......wow I get to sleep in...but some work during the day and leave at 6am.......

The USA it was....around 11pm / 2am......now thats out of wack......

So it goes on and on......

Solution for the Chicken......:

Laptop in bed......;):P:P

Oh No - Make that 10am GMT - well that was 4am GMT - 6-hours......difference...poor USA....will miss ALL Top Line Gates.......:):P:D:P:D:P

Fredways

Fredways

• 90 posts

Originally posted by Chicken
The downtime has now made it so I can only get access starting on the 2nd of the month - right after the massive monthly expenses are deducted.

Yes it is now my turn, and I do not like it.

Well deal with it. Everybody else has been in the same situation, as the "start of the month" has worked its way around the clock with each additional downtime period. Everybody else has been in the same situation, some for longer than others, but it's a problem everybody must face.

MinnakhtKan

MinnakhtKan

Stormingly Whistly Member

• 187 posts
  • WLM ID:minnair90@hotmail.com
I remember when I started playing it was at 6 am, now its at 10pm lol... I would prefer the 30 day month, Its not a DEAL WITH IT Fredways, its a chance for everybody to have equal opportunity to manage their airline.

AirKevin

AirKevin

Air Kevin Captain

• 929 posts
  • WLM ID:AirKevin747@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:AirKevin747
  • Yahoo ID:AirKevin747
I think it would work better with 25 days.

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
and how so?

Fredways

Fredways

• 90 posts

Originally posted by MinnakhtKan
I remember when I started playing it was at 6 am, now its at 10pm lol... I would prefer the 30 day month, Its not a DEAL WITH IT Fredways, its a chance for everybody to have equal opportunity to manage their airline.

No matter what time it is, it will be inconvenient for somebody. I don't see how making it a 30 hour "month" will change things. It'll just shift it to being inconvenient for a different group of people. As it's going now, the time is moving around the clock rather quickly. It's not convenient for me at its current time... but last week it was perfect. I'm sure within the next couple weeks it'll be back to a more convenient time.

There's no time that's going to be great for people in the US/Canada, Europe, AND Australia plus everywhere in between. Somebody's just going to have to be unhappy, and with the present situation, we're getting to take turns being that person with each downtime.

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
Look, yes everyone is not happy about the timing, but people have to live with it... Oh well, 24 days in a month works well and is the best option for the game i think, and if you cant make it, tough luck, its a free game, maybe if you paid for it you would be able to try to get it to work a little better for everyone.

This really has nothing to do with server downtime, except a couple whining people saying its unfair because the time change is in an inconvenient time, live with it or leave, there is no need to complain over such a minor thing, and the problem wont be solved by this either.

You cant always get things your way, and definately chicken, stop being such a complainer bout everything, no matter what someone wont be happy, so maybe downtime will make it ur advantage again .. then you wouldnt be whining, but saying keep it... either way just stop complaining about the littlest thing, or quit the game.

Chicken

Chicken

• 291 posts

Originally posted by Nathaniel
...You cant always get things your way, and definately chicken, stop being such a complainer bout everything....

Nathaniel, your lack of comprehension of simple words continues to amaze me. From www.dictionary.com

Suggestion ... Implanting of an idea in the mind of another by a word or act so as to influence conduct or physical condition.

Complaint ... An expression of pain, dissatisfaction, or resentment

Because of your lack of comprehension of simple words, I must question the rest of your cranial capacity, and expect you are suffering from a severe case of recto-cranial inversion, combined with an extreme case of typing with one hand (because your other hand is clearly and constantly occupied). I would say pull your head out, but I expect you to fail to execute this simple task because you would probably get lost.

Conclusion ... NATHANIEL, DO NOT FLAME ME WHEN IT IS NOT JUSTIFIED!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users