Real Airlines

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

jleonnn

jleonnn

AE Know It All

• 123 posts

User's Awards

Has anyone actually tried to create a real airline, with the exact same fleet, exact same configuration(cuz I know in the game the configs allow for a lot more seats) and the exact same destinations with the exact same frequency? It would be pretty interesting :)

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

Exactly the same, no, as AE's demand doesn't allow correct frequencies. (For example, Air NZ flies around... 20 I think... daily flights from Auckland to Wellington on 733s/A320s, and the game can barely support 4 daily) Additionally, stopovers aren't possible. I am considering copying ANZ by a huge amount in the 1960 game, down to same config and fleet and routemap where possible, but the thing is there aren't hugely reliable seat config sources of the time, and I'm hugely limited by no stopovers.

Administrator of UnitedSkies alliance

and also a member of some other ones, but they're 2vip4u

jleonnn

jleonnn

AE Know It All

• 123 posts

User's Awards

Yeah I guess this is true... Then without frequencies, I believe copying a modern airline would be possible because a lot of airlines a few decades ago used a lot of stopovers without the availability of modern long-haul aircraft. But now with 747s, A340s, 777s and the like, stopovers are hugely eliminated and copying the airline in the game would be easier in that sense.

NitroJay

NitroJay

• 3 posts
Yes. Spirit Airlines in R5 is 100% accurate.

Spirit Airlines seat configuration is only slightly off from real life since AE won't allow Spirit's seat configs... (Spirit A321 is 4/214, AE only allows for 4/213; Spirit A320 is 4/174, AE only allows for 4/173)

Also, the flights departing ACY in my recreation are bleeding money. The demand out of ACY in AE is not accurate. (ACY is an alternative airport for PHL and ERW)

As far as fleet, destinations, and frequency (as well as AC type per flight segment) is 100% accurate per their Dec 2011 flight schedule.

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

(Spirit A321 is 4/214, AE only allows for 4/213; Spirit A320 is 4/174, AE only allows for 4/173)

Wow, that's a lot more accurate than I expected :P

jleonnn

jleonnn

AE Know It All

• 123 posts

User's Awards

Indeed it is. That's amazing!

NitroJay

NitroJay

• 3 posts
I was pretty impressed when I put it together... I do wish the inflight services were a little more detailed though... Spirit offers snacks and drinks for purchase (including water). Drinks are not included on the IFS section. :( And despite having all IFS systems "for purchase" only (with prices above cost), they still offer zero profit to the route...

Also, a large portion of Spirit's income comes from baggage fees (both checked and carry-on)... This is something that would be cool to include in a future version of AE, for a reputation hit of course.

Finally, Spirit has zero inflight entertainment options, but they do generate additional revenue from onboard advertisements (via ads on overhead bins, tray tables/seatbacks, bulkheads, etc.). AE wouldn't let me make an entertainment system of ads only. :P

Other than these minor nuances, it was a fun little project. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users