Connecting people

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Shuan

Shuan

Game changer

• 72 posts

User's Awards

Are connecting people available on 3.1 also. If so how much time it takes to start filling aircrafts with connecting people. I have opened up hubs in Delhi and Mumbai in R5. Delhi-Mumbai route is over crowded due to which i have to decrease price from $380 to $60,but then also it is not 100% filled and revenue is lower than -$10000. Will the connecting people going to help me? Can now i increase the price since it is said that the rest will be filled by connecting people. Please reply because my net income have decreased from $22,000,000 to -$2,000,000.

Moreover i would like to know how to be profitable airline.
Love boeing planes, especially 747's and 777's

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts
The number of connecting pax is proportional to how much traffic you have going into that hub, so it's a network effect. The more passengers you run through the hub the more connecting pax you have.

However, connecting pax only gives you half the revenue per flight, so I would not suggest using it as the primary revenue source. If you want to be profitable, look for smaller, less competitive routes (ie not major trunk routes like Delhi-Mumbai) where the supply is lower than demand. ;)

ArthurB

ArthurB

Retired member

• 426 posts
In flights with e.g. 80 Y pax demand, I offer 150 Y, and the others 70Y seats are full of passengers connecting. How bigger your HUB, you will get more connecting passengers, as Yuxi said ;) . And also, you will have more connecting passengers in smaller airports and/or with less direct destinations. Various airlines in real life do this, like TAP Portugal ;) .

sgmsig.png
772TAB(2).jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users