Photo

Intra-Island Hawaiian Demand

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Kngkyle2

Kngkyle2

• 48 posts
The demand on intra-island Hawaiian flights is way way below the real world demand.

For HNL-OGG there are over 40 daily flights all on 717s and 737s adding up to over 4,000 daily seats. (And Hawaiian Airlines has ordered additional 717s to increase capacity even more)

The demand on AE for HNL-OGG is 279 daily seats, or about 5% of the real world capacity.

It is true that a lot of the real world demand comes from connecting pax but certainly not 95%. The 101 mile HNL-OGG route isn't comparable to a JFK-BOS route for example because driving isn't an option. The demand script doesn't take that into account which is why it's so low. I know you guys are busy and have a long list of bugs to fix and features to implement, so I don't expect this to be done anytime soon but just thought I'd throw it out there. I know you guys are trying to make this as realistic as possible.

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

This is indeed an issue. I would propose an additional 'modifier' that will increase the demand domestically within either a state, country or region. This would be needed in places like Hawaii and New Zealand, where the demand is much too low on shorter flights.

Administrator of UnitedSkies alliance

and also a member of some other ones, but they're 2vip4u

BritAbroad

BritAbroad

Moderator and Data Collector

• Data Manager
  • 1,677 posts
Agreed: See corresponding thread in AE suggestions :P

sagsmall.png

jleonnn

jleonnn

AE Know It All

• 123 posts

User's Awards

Actually I'm curious to find out how demand is calculated

Delta Force

Delta Force

• 96 posts
Having lived in Hawaii, I can say that air travel is a common way to move between the islands. There are so many flights that it takes only slightly longer waiting for a plane than it does for a train in a metro.

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts
This is being worked on. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users