Photo

A Couple Questions

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Angus

Angus

• 454 posts

User's Awards

I am fairly new to airline empires and have created an airline in realistic world #14. My airline is Mauritius Air flying from Mauritius which has about 2.6 million passengers a year. Anyways my questions are;

1. Should I buy widebody long-haul aircraft for my routes or stick with my A319-100LR's? and if so what should I buy for an aircraft A332, B772, B763?
2. What is airline reputation and how can I see mine?

Than you for the help!

BritAbroad

BritAbroad

Moderator and Data Collector

• Data Manager
  • 1,677 posts
1.)
The A319s are perfect for low demand longish routes, but they can only go so far. You might like some widebodies for you to get routes to further away places, which may prove profitable to you.
It is very hard for me to say what you should buy. You need to consider the demand on the routes you wish to serve, the amount of seats each aircraft can accomodate and how much competition there is on each route (its harder to fill seats if there are other airlines on the route).
When you look at which aircraft to by, pay attention to the passenger numbers and the "fuel flow" field of each aircraft. A good idea of how "worth it" an aircraft is, is to divide fuel flow by seat numbers - this tells you how much fuel is used per passenger, and thus how economical it is. Obviously, the more competition, the more economical an aircraft you need. Obviously, you also need to consider range and runway length.

2.)
Reputation is only in the "beta" worlds and not in AE14.
It is a combination of a number of things, including the quality of your service (IFE/S rating, frequency of flights, legroom, etc), the number of destinations and the age of your fleet.
A good reputation means passengers may chose you over competition even if you charge more. Additionally, its just a nice way of comparing airlines. :P

I hope this helps and if you have any more questions, feel free to ask here or in chat.

BA

sagsmall.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users