- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Pacific

Pacific

• 1,013 posts

User's Awards

2       2      
I feel that instead of renting gates, one should be renting slots instead. If airlines in real life actually rented gates (maybe they do, but what about airlines who do only 1 or 2 flights to a particular airport) won't airports be out of gates? That is why airports also rent slots. We say LHR in real life is "slot restricted" not "gate restricted".

All in all, I feel that the ability of buying individual slots should be considered in the next reset.

WSHNationals

WSHNationals

• 764 posts
  • WLM ID:WSHNationals7@hotmail.co
  • AIM Screen Name:ttwttwttsrdmbadb
very good idea. It would help me out, especially at DUB, where i only use 1 slot. However, if slots run out, then airlines are in an even worse situation for expansion.

Yesthatsme

Yesthatsme

• 461 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:Luxemburgman
yeah i think thats more realistic but then agian that will take up alot of time

flyhegs

flyhegs

• 296 posts
  • WLM ID:mohamedmomtaz@hotmail.com
yes and no . Also this is more realistic i think that at least in the game controlling the number of gates and slots used is a major factor for havin lower cost then other . IMO it should stay as it is until u can control ur costs better with commonality and stuff .

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts
  • Yahoo ID:pierceyohio@sbcglobal.net
I'd rather have hours then slots.

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Miller has said that the gate/slot system would be review and a more appropriate way would be developed.

I believe i remember one proposal before where it would be hourly based and slots would be determined by the aircraft turn around times. So, for example, if u mainly have small jets operating out of one gate, u will have around 10-15 slots for the whole day, while if u operate A340-600, it would be more like 4-5 slots per gate....

So yeah, i too think the gate/slot situation should be looked at, certainly after Miller finishes what he is doing at present ;)

Crazy764

Crazy764

• 206 posts
That'd be good.

The current system does not benefit my hub-and-spoke network at all, since I only use 1 slot at most of my destination airports.

I want to keep my route network realistic, so I don't pretend I have unrestricted fifth freedom rights in every country of the world like some airlines on here do. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users