- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts
Unfortunately, I find myself having to reiterate this point again. In the spirit of fairness, if you find a loophole or exploit in the game (any game world), you must report it to a member of staff, either though the bug tracker or via a private message, and you cannot take advantage of the loophole.

I am aware that there are several such issues yet to be fixed and am actively working to fix them. However, there is a rash of cases in which methods to circumvent aircraft flying time limits and runway requirements were discovered and actively taken advantage of. You know very well that an aircraft cannot exceed 140 weekly hours of block time. You also know that a 777 cannot fly out of MDW due to runway restrictions. Employing any workaround that (directly or indirectly) allows you to circumvent these hard limits is considered cheating, and as such any offending airline and its owner will be removed from the game.

This is a final warning to everyone who is actively or considering taking advantage of glitches that exist in the game. Beginning on September 1, anyone found to be using a loophole to gain an unfair advantage in the game will have his airline deleted and account banned without further notice.

:threaten:

P.S. When you're ranked in the top 10 and have aircraft flying more than 24 hours a day, it's not as subtle as you think. People will notice.

Mr Tree

Mr Tree

AE Addict

• 886 posts
Hmm. Harsh but neccesary.

lshlarson

lshlarson

#1 Railfan

• 928 posts
Although I am not pro-cheating, I do not think that this is fair.
A while back (2010), I inadvertently opened a new tab whilst managing my airline, which allowed one of my aircraft to hit 22 or 23 hours of daily utilization.
I noticed it some time after and fixed it.
I did this completely by accident - i am not a cheater.
I think that it's possible for some people to inadvertently overschedule their aircraft — as I did, and because of that I do not think it is fair to punish them with immediate deletion/ban.
Perhaps a warning should be given (i.e. please fix your overscheduling within 3 days or you will be banned) so that people like me who may have inadvertently overscheduled the aircraft will not lose an airline that they may have worked hard on.
Cheers
WTA :captain:
Posted Image

SirMoo

SirMoo

Rawr?

• 497 posts
Out of curiosity, how are those unknowingly exploiting the system going to be dealt with? For instance, I wasn't really aware that 777 can't fly out of mdw (mainly because I know nothing about large airplanes. They all look and function pretty much the same to me). In the event that I'm exploiting by mistake will I simply be warned/explained to or will you just delete my airline regardless?

QK Flight Industries

QK Flight Industries

a Wandering Guide to AE and Beyond

• 2,135 posts

Although I am not pro-cheating, I do not think that this is fair.
A while back (2010), I inadvertently opened a new tab whilst managing my airline, which allowed one of my aircraft to hit 22 or 23 hours of daily utilization.
I noticed it some time after and fixed it.
I did this completely by accident - i am not a cheater.
I think that it's possible for some people to inadvertently overschedule their aircraft — as I did, and because of that I do not think it is fair to punish them with immediate deletion/ban.
Perhaps a warning should be given (i.e. please fix your overscheduling within 3 days or you will be banned) so that people like me who may have inadvertently overscheduled the aircraft will not lose an airline that they may have worked hard on.
Cheers
WTA :captain:

Out of curiosity, how are those unknowingly exploiting the system going to be dealt with? For instance, I wasn't really aware that 777 can't fly out of mdw (mainly because I know nothing about large airplanes. They all look and function pretty much the same to me). In the event that I'm exploiting by mistake will I simply be warned/explained to or will you just delete my airline regardless?

To take both these points seriously, I would think that suspending the airline that is breaking rules until the owner logs in would keep the game more realistic and allow the owner time to correct it (say, give 24hrs after login to fix, then ban/delete). That is just as harsh, but gives a grace period for the clueless, Posted Image

16590230781_7cc5cf6013.jpg

Sig.png

AXUbLwK.png

It's really me, now. #backtoAE

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts
That post was meant to act as a deterrent. People who've dealt with me regarding these issues know I'm not actually that harsh ;)

QK Flight Industries

QK Flight Industries

a Wandering Guide to AE and Beyond

• 2,135 posts
Posted Image Better hide, Yuxi! Posted Image

16590230781_7cc5cf6013.jpg

Sig.png

AXUbLwK.png

It's really me, now. #backtoAE

Royen

Royen

CEO Of Royen Airlines

• 1,566 posts

Unfortunately, I find myself having to reiterate this point again. In the spirit of fairness, if you find a loophole or exploit in the game (any game world), you must report it to a member of staff, either though the bug tracker or via a private message, and you cannot take advantage of the loophole.

I am aware that there are several such issues yet to be fixed and am actively working to fix them. However, there is a rash of cases in which methods to circumvent aircraft flying time limits and runway requirements were discovered and actively taken advantage of. You know very well that an aircraft cannot exceed 140 weekly hours of block time. You also know that a 777 cannot fly out of MDW due to runway restrictions. Employing any workaround that (directly or indirectly) allows you to circumvent these hard limits is considered cheating, and as such any offending airline and its owner will be removed from the game.

This is a final warning to everyone who is actively or considering taking advantage of glitches that exist in the game. Beginning on September 1, anyone found to be using a loophole to gain an unfair advantage in the game will have his airline deleted and account banned without further notice.

P.S. When you're ranked in the top 10 and have aircraft flying more than 24 hours a day, it's not as subtle as you think. People will notice.

I believe that this IS necessary, because frankly, it is unfair and you are cheating. That is if you are doing it on purpose. If it is accidental to those like me, WTA and qk inc (plus alot of other people) won't really cheat and would not do it on purpose. I think maybe a PM to the owner beforehand is the best option so Yuxi can understand if they are cheating or if they didn't know it was happening! :)

Royen Airlines

we%20are%20vertice%202.png?dl=0

Sig.png

#gogolden2015 

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

I have done it once, accidentally. If someone has say 1 or 2 aircraft with higher hours, then a warning ought to suffice, but it someone seems to be clearly overscheduling their aircraft to gain advantage, say more than 5 aircraft, then I think a ban might be a good idea. <_<

Administrator of UnitedSkies alliance

and also a member of some other ones, but they're 2vip4u

lshlarson

lshlarson

#1 Railfan

• 928 posts

That post was meant to act as a deterrent. People who've dealt with me regarding these issues know I'm not actually that harsh ;)

if it's a deterrent and you want to scare people into not cheating, aren't you supposed to NOT say that..? :P
Posted Image

sviridovt

sviridovt

AE King

• 1,512 posts
  • Skype Name:tim.sviridov

if it's a deterrent and you want to scare people into not cheating, aren't you supposed to NOT say that..? :P

every experienced AE player knows that Yuxi is too :awesome: to do something like that, now if I was a lead developer... :P

anyways, I will check if I operate any planes like that if I do its by accident :P

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

When I didn't say that you got your panties in a wad :P

Royen

Royen

CEO Of Royen Airlines

• 1,566 posts

:giggle:

Sig.png

#gogolden2015 

SirMoo

SirMoo

Rawr?

• 497 posts

Why do I not doubt that he actually does wear panties? He is called Castro-Bait for a reason...

lshlarson

lshlarson

#1 Railfan

• 928 posts

Why do I not doubt that he actually does wear panties? He is called Castro-Bait for a reason...

you looked? :|
Posted Image

Royen

Royen

CEO Of Royen Airlines

• 1,566 posts

:giggle:

Sig.png

#gogolden2015 

Mr Tree

Mr Tree

AE Addict

• 886 posts

Clearly.

Zmapper

Zmapper

1500-some days left...

• 437 posts
SF has many hills, and this thread is rolling right down one of them.

There goes CRAZY uncle Ron, BABBLING about the unsustainablity of multiple WARS. -Jon Stewart
Posted Image

adityapratama

adityapratama

Indonesian Sub-Forum Moderator

• 1,067 posts

he's a dictator,when he said NO over something,people will obey,or else..... :giggle:

Globe Alliance Leader

R1RDz7e.jpg

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts
Posted Image

I need not say anymore.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users