Photo

An easy way to implement service levels and airliner capacity (?)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

flyhegs

flyhegs

• 296 posts
  • WLM ID:mohamedmomtaz@hotmail.com
I don't know if this has been discussed before but i think there are easy ways to implement stuff likes service levels and number of seats in an airliner .
1 . Number of seats .
When buying the aircraft u simpley choose how much seats u want ur aircraft to carry . The option is easy , u just choose between low density , medium one or high density . Each configuration costs an adjusted amount of money . The less seats the more passengers are willing to pay but the higher seat cost u have . The less seats , the less u can charge ur passengers due to lower seat costs . The demand for comfort or low prices depends on region , airport and lenght of the flight .
If u buy an aircraft and then want to change it's configuration then u can do this simpley by buying a new configuration . U need to pay extra for this new seats . The costs is then double of the one when buying new aircraft .

2. Service levels
The service levels works in the same way . When adjusting the price for a route u choose ur service level , either high , medium or low . The higher the service the more it costs u but the more passengers are willing to pay . The lower the service , the less u can charge ur passengers .

Buy implenting this stuff u then have a stable difference between lowcost and high service airlines and then the every airline has it's own charakter and way and loadfactors aren't only depending on the lowest price .

ziliu

ziliu

• 281 posts
Not like the loadfactor script isn't bugged enough due to complexity already... *rolls eyes*, no but i think this might be a good idea in due time.

sunny

sunny

• 63 posts
Great idea...this would make the game even more fun!

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts
  • Yahoo ID:pierceyohio@sbcglobal.net
as ziliu said, great idea, but once the game is out of beta status, which will be when I grad. high school (I'm going into 9th :P)

AirKevin

AirKevin

Air Kevin Captain

• 929 posts
  • WLM ID:AirKevin747@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:AirKevin747
  • Yahoo ID:AirKevin747

The less seats the more passengers are willing to pay but the higher seat cost u have . The less seats , the less u can charge ur passengers due to lower seat costs .

Huh? That made no sense.

mma

mma

• 425 posts

Originally posted by AirKevin

The less seats the more passengers are willing to pay but the higher seat cost u have . The less seats , the less u can charge ur passengers due to lower seat costs .

Huh? That made no sense.

Exactly........

Next thing will be Standby Prices....Just Kidding.....

MinnakhtKan

MinnakhtKan

Stormingly Whistly Member

• 187 posts
  • WLM ID:minnair90@hotmail.com
Very good idea although some parts make no sense:o

flyhegs

flyhegs

• 296 posts

Originally posted by AirKevin

Huh? That made no sense.

Emm , didn't notice that . I meant
(The more seats , the less u can charge ur passengers due to lower seat costs . )
Typo .

Very good idea although some parts make no sense:o

Can u pls tell me what doesn't make sense either , just like Airkevin did ? Point me to the point pls .

AirKevin

AirKevin

Air Kevin Captain

• 929 posts

If u buy an aircraft and then want to change it's configuration then u can do this simpley by buying a new configuration . U need to pay extra for this new seats . The costs is then double of the one when buying new aircraft .

flyhegs

flyhegs

• 296 posts
When buying a new airliner u choose the Airliner , then u choose the engines (all have different prices) then u choose the seat configuration . These also have a certain price . Then u order the aircraft

When u want to change the configuration of the aircraft later aftre purchasing then u must at first remove the old seats then insert the new seats . The cost of this is the double the one of the original seat configuration purchase . AS u have to remove and the insert u pay the double price . Get my point ?

StephenM

StephenM

• 987 posts
  • WLM ID:srkm@eircom.net
Sounds good, it might be easier on Miller to have it fixed like the above.

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
still will probably need lots of bandwidth and coding changes and new formulas in the LF and profit calculation .... which would take a long time...

oh and might not have the bandwidth to add this in above the other stuff he is.

Yesthatsme

Yesthatsme

• 461 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:Luxemburgman
yeah a lot of bandwith

flyhegs

flyhegs

• 296 posts
Just out of curiosity , is there an easy way to imlpemnt such a thing without to much bandwith ?

AirKevin

AirKevin

Air Kevin Captain

• 929 posts
Not so sure.

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
yes, there are some features.. but you have to prioritize the stuff... so that you dont waste in on ideas that are not needed....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users