How to make lots of money with your airline

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

abandoned

abandoned

AE Player

• 40 posts

User's Awards

Is their a way to have your airline make a lot of money? I've seem some airlines with lots of money and routes.

TarquinShrapnel-Carruthers

TarquinShrapnel-Carruthers

Itinerant project manager

• 132 posts

User's Awards

3    3    3    3   

Is their a way to have your airline make a lot of money? I've seem some airlines with lots of money and routes.

I think you answered your own question.

FlyEvans

FlyEvans

Little boy from New Hampshire

• 122 posts

u sell tickets for people to fly on your planes

Mr. Aviation Nerd :)

RubberDuckGaming

RubberDuckGaming

Duck

• 397 posts

User's Awards

Lots of competing theories and complex strategies but this is the max profit strategy that I use:

- Only operate economy class, ensure plane is filled to max capacity.

- Create “Scam IFS” with all 1 star food set to max price, all amenities selected and set to max price. Set the IFS to all your routes.

- Keep all the ticket prices at the defaults, if someone competes with a lower price lower your price to $20 less or until you have 100% loadfactor.

- Set all employee wages to $7/hour with no reserves and no profit sharing. Never give your employees bonuses.

-  Establish an alliance, call or describe it as free to join, and invite every player in the game for maximum reputation boost and connecting passengers. Accept anyone who requests to join.

-  Establish hubs in places like Salt Lake City where gates are cheap, competition is low, and demand is high, fly most of your flights from these because they give you more connecting passengers.

-  Fill all your routes beyond the max demand with those connecting passengers from the alliance and hubs.

-  Operate a low amount of aircraft families to save on maintenance, but enough to grow quickly.

- Start by leasing instead of buying planes, after you have enough money buy every plane and buy your current planes from the lessor.

<<< This strategy has allowed me to get those nice awards you see over there.

6DAF18E9-01AB-4C75-BA89-CF609AFA4A8D.jpeg

Maple_MK

Maple_MK

Novice Livery Designer

• 171 posts

User's Awards

The above strategy is great for the first few years that your airline is active. I usually use it myself each time I start in a new world.

However, once you've earned enough money (say, $10 billion) and have enough infrastructure, I find that it's worth it to max out your reputation.

Raise all wages to industry averages, create IFE systems with good ratings, and invest in marketing (mainly television, radio, and online advertising).

This will make it easy to become one of the top rated airlines by reputation, and then you can operate a more "realistic" airline, which is more fun.

FlyEvans

FlyEvans

Little boy from New Hampshire

• 122 posts

Lots of competing theories and complex strategies but this is the max profit strategy that I use:

- Only operate economy class, ensure plane is filled to max capacity.

- Create “Scam IFS” with all 1 star food set to max price, all amenities selected and set to max price. Set the IFS to all your routes.

- Keep all the ticket prices at the defaults, if someone competes with a lower price lower your price to $20 less or until you have 100% loadfactor.

- Set all employee wages to $7/hour with no reserves and no profit sharing. Never give your employees bonuses.

-  Establish an alliance, call or describe it as free to join, and invite every player in the game for maximum reputation boost and connecting passengers. Accept anyone who requests to join.

-  Establish hubs in places like Salt Lake City where gates are cheap, competition is low, and demand is high, fly most of your flights from these because they give you more connecting passengers.

-  Fill all your routes beyond the max demand with those connecting passengers from the alliance and hubs.

-  Operate a low amount of aircraft families to save on maintenance, but enough to grow quickly.

- Start by leasing instead of buying planes, after you have enough money buy every plane and buy your current planes from the lessor.

<<< This strategy has allowed me to get those nice awards you see over there.

Yeah this is how to make money if you dont want to be a realistic airline at all which I don't find very fun

Mr. Aviation Nerd :)

yourick

yourick

Proffesional Bankrupter

• 22 posts

It's a very simple but strong strat, gets me in the top 10 every time I'm a bit early in a world.

Also, try not to have any competition unless you have no other option. I try staying away from most competitive airports like JFK, Dubai, LAX, etc. Earns you a lot more in the end & you don't have to check every hour if someone undercut your routes. Also short but heavily demanded routes with little to no competition are ideal, spamliners sure love using them in the US or China ;)

SUJETO

SUJETO

Proud Virtual Airliner since 1989

• 295 posts

User's Awards

4    2      

Lots of competing theories and [...]

Bonus:

• Starting in a developed country its a key.

____________________EEEn_____________________:oS;
_____________________EEEE:__:-_____-lcneEg+.*EE--
_____________________*EEOEOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-oOEV
____________:;;--+++-oEEOEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
__.:::::::.______::::__*CEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEglCS
_.:-+++++++oEECgr**ll*VEECCJJogOEEE::EE__:E
____________;nEE:_______+*El+E-.

Carlos "SUJETO" Vargas Sánchez.

rbr615

rbr615

• 1 posts

It's a fun challenge not to do that, though...

Bonus:

• Starting in a developed country its a key.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users