Photo

Lease or Buy?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

OnlyAnotherAirlineCEO

OnlyAnotherAirlineCEO

• 2 posts

Hi,

I am the owner of Swish Air (S4E) Ranked 28. I am a new player. I was wondering when was the time I should buy rather than lease planes, or should I even buy at all. Considering the following factors:

1. I am based in Singapore, which is not as good as other countries as there is really only 1 airport out.
  2. I earn only 21 million a day.

Thanks in advance!

Aviator48

Aviator48

Empire Airliner

• 239 posts

User's Awards

3    2   
Everyone has a different preference, but I would start buying planes when I can sustain my airline with them. This is the point where I make enough money, and aircraft lease payments are starting to become too much of a hassle. If you have enough capital go ahead, but purchase carefully (I would buy out your current fleet first, then move onto buying new planes). Also, you may need to increase your profit to compensate for buying larger planes. Hope this helps!

AE is the best.

SicS89qs.jpg

jetstream/globe

sfkORg2.jpg

HanTseng

HanTseng

AE Luver

• 335 posts

User's Awards

21    7    6    3   

Lease first until your airline will have enough money to buy planes instead of leasing them. Start to buy your current fleet or buy airplanes from your current fleet family. Wait until you have more money and profit to buy more. 

post-80164-0-49508800-1518631495.png

BV6atB1.png

vxfPiWg.png

OnlyAnotherAirlineCEO

OnlyAnotherAirlineCEO

• 2 posts

Thanks Aviator48 and HanTseng. Sadly, progress is slow right now... so it might be a long way from doing that. Thanks for your advice though!

RJM

RJM

AE Know It All

• 146 posts

User's Awards

9    17    2   

Lease allows to build faster. I tend to lease for 10 yrs and then at times extend even more to keep monthly costs down. After airline builds I typically will buy out the leases.

RJM

Hamworld

Hamworld

AE Player

• 32 posts

You should first lease your planes until you get decent amount of money to buy planes. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users