• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Chubby Bear

Chubby Bear

AE's Noob

• 1,213 posts

User's Awards

2    5      
SO last night I took a flight from Auckland-Queenstown and it was me and my brother flying. When we came to the Air New Zealand check in counters, we were advised to not be late for the flight as we were the only ones. Really? you must be kidding...
Anyways we arrived checking in and boarded and low and behold on the A320 flight of 1 hour 13 minutes only me and my brother were onboard. Zero people on a flight that I have flown numerous times before and is normally packed!

It was actually quite weird cause they directed the flight safety briefing at us and every time anything happened we were personally informed. Felt great to have 3 flight attendants just to our self though!

So this was a new experience for me and I just wanted to know from the community what is the lowest amount of people you flew with and your on a commercial aircraft and your experience ?

South-Africa_240-animated-flag-gifs.gifNew-Zealand_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

9IYxwsM.png

ND7sS8w.jpg

#AspireMember  #EnvoyMember #Unknown Alien Species #WorldAllianceMember

~WK~

~WK~

-> WK <-

• 605 posts

You are the only two passengers? Sounds impossible but maybe it is possible since you got in the situation. 

So, the lowest amount of people I flew is the flight from Bacolod - Cebu, we were only 26 and all are our family members (aunt, uncle, grandparents, parents and cousins) that was a Cebu Pacific ATR-72. The bad thing is I have a over weight cousin and he was transferred to another seat to balance the aircraft, the Steward said, I accidentally pressed "I need you help button" right above my head and I was free from seat belts for only 10 mins because it was raining , they said we were heading into clouds that may cause turbulence da da da da... so I put on the seat belt again. 

64w6aQ0.png

GcxED7a.png

Chubby Bear

Chubby Bear

AE's Noob

• 1,213 posts

User's Awards

2    5      
Most definitely not impossible, but very rare I guess..I have heard of flights with almost no people onboard but never thought I would experience anything like it.
http://edition.cnn.c...ta-flight-feat/
http://www.economist...assengers-tales

South-Africa_240-animated-flag-gifs.gifNew-Zealand_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

9IYxwsM.png

ND7sS8w.jpg

#AspireMember  #EnvoyMember #Unknown Alien Species #WorldAllianceMember

sobochris

sobochris

AE Player

• 38 posts

User's Awards

A flight from Trinidad to St Lucia on Caribbean Airlines. We were the only ones on board besides about 6 other people. It was an ATR 72-600 with 68 seats so quite an empty flight

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

I remember someone telling me (can't remember when or where) about them coming to wherever it was on a Thomson 767/ 787 on its first flight with 5 people onboard...
Any flight I've been on has been rather full, I'd hazard a guess at 140 on an A320...

mrinalverma74

mrinalverma74

Airbus lover boeing fan

• 71 posts
http://www.traveller...ia-falls-gj1k2z

~WK~

~WK~

-> WK <-

• 605 posts

I think these cases are very rare and it also depends on the routes.  

64w6aQ0.png

GcxED7a.png

Aviator48

Aviator48

Empire Airliner

• 239 posts

User's Awards

3    2   

I was on a flight from Manila to Pagadian City (Philippines) on Cebu Pacific, and there were about say 30-40 people on board and Airbus A319.

AE is the best.

SicS89qs.jpg

jetstream/globe

sfkORg2.jpg

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

I was on an Easyjet flight from London-Naples, which was 100% full, no empty seats whatsoever.

Hawai'ian

Hawai'ian

Friendly Neighborhood Rocky

• 315 posts

Twice actually.

A TACA flight (now Avianca) from San Salvador to JFK. It was an A321 (?) but the plane was pretty much half empty. Of course it was a late night flight.

And there was thunder.  :ermm:

A Delta flight from Las Vegas to JFK. A 737-700 or -800, and same thing, the plane was pretty empty. This flight wasn't really late at night, more like evening.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

I mean, I've been travelling on flight with only around 15 people on B737. It's when Lion Air starting flying internationally to Singapore from Jakarta. It's also morning flight at 6AM. So, it is possible.

HanTseng

HanTseng

AE Luver

• 335 posts

User's Awards

21    7    6    3   

I was flying on Eva Air's Boeing 777-300ER on Taipei to Los Angeles and New York to Taipei, and it was full, with zero empty seats, including the Elite Class. Also Delta Airlines Boeing 757-200 on Los Angeles to New York was also full, including the First Class.

post-80164-0-49508800-1518631495.png

BV6atB1.png

vxfPiWg.png

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,340 posts

User's Awards

I'd swear there was a BA 744 with like 1 person onboard 

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

I want my gays illegal and my racism married

LockheedTristar

LockheedTristar

Trijets

• 285 posts

User's Awards

I've only been on full flights. 

TheFlyingPhoto

TheFlyingPhoto

AE Addict To-Be

• 13 posts

A few years ago on a IAH-MCO route with United I managed to be on a 757-300 with approximately only 50 passengers on board. Then over this past Christmas going MSP-MCO on Delta my girlfriend and I were on a 757-200 with only 43 other passengers. I love being able to get practically empty 757s, They huge seats, plenty of cabin crew, and I love the 757! Other than these flight everything else I've been on stays pretty full. Just yesterday I was on a Q400 SEA-BIL and we were completely full!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users