* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

sobochris

sobochris

AE Player

• 38 posts

User's Awards

I was just wondering , to me passenger demand does not seem right at all. When I play this game i tend to avoid the USA because of huge amount of competition and spam airlines. I usually go to the Caribbean, my home but to add flights there is extremely difficult because of such low demand. Ex: on a route b/w Barbados and St. Lucia in the game demand is about 20passengers/day compared to real life where it is about 120-150passengers/day. Now I don't expect it to be completely correct but at least the littlest bit realistic. Or for example, a route b/w St lucia and London would only have abut 40passengers/day but in real life it has about 400passengers/day. Now there is a big difference there. Just wondering if anyone else feels this way and thinks that the demand for smaller nations, not just the large airports should be rechecked. 

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

Yes, you're bang on. Algorithms don't take geography into position, or indeed flight history, which means that some places are rock to break even in.

SirMoo

SirMoo

Rawr?

• 497 posts

Yeah, it's completely based on the max pax numbers. Two low pax airports will have a lower demand between each other. This is the only efficient way to do it for some sort of level playing field... If real world routes were inputted... it would cause people to mostly only fly those big ones and there would be little chance for people to create unique hubs other than real world ones... Not to mention plenty of places don't give pax numbers for routes... So everything is clumped up in one big pool.

tchung

tchung

I will help everyone!

• 114 posts

probably what is a good route in asia?

The Guy Who Wants To Help

AKA THE BOSS

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts
Depends. If you're in China, try Bejing Nanyuan to New Delhi. Or indeed any major Indian airport within range.

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts
I would like this feature. I also enjoy the Carribean destinations and do not enjoy the low mount of demand. I think this should be in airport requests, though...

wgOP4y0.jpg

ar157

ar157

Resident Australian Arnimal

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

You have to remember that the connecting passengers model in AE is pretty poor at the moment. AE route demands show O&D whilst in real life, your London - Carribean routes are simply serving London but the entire UK (and possibly other European ports)

BennyBoy907

BennyBoy907

Proud to be Playin AE

• 15 posts
  • WLM ID:N/A
  • AIM Screen Name:N/A
  • Yahoo ID:N/A
  • Skype Name:CONFIDENTIAL
  • ICQ Number:N/A

If you look at real airlines they operate multiple times daily with a type of aircraft, but in AE there isn't the demand for it with isn't real

bAnderson

bAnderson

Timeless

• 2,139 posts
Hopefully Ae4 will fix this.

wgOP4y0.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users