Photo

Player-to-Player Aircraft Selling

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Poll: Player-to-Player Aircraft Selling (57 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like this idea?

1. Voted Yes (36 votes [63.16%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 63.16%

2. No (11 votes [19.30%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.30%

3. Maybe (9 votes [15.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.79%

4. A little (1 votes [1.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.75%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Viero

Viero

Data Collector

• 231 posts

User's Awards

I think we should have better air craft selling such as:
Player-to-Player: You sell an aircraft, and It goes back on the used aircaft for sale list (Correct me if this already happens, but Im saying this because one time I sold a couple of aircraft I didnt mean to sell, I looked at the list so I could rebuy the airplane, it wasnt there)
Personal Selling: Selling aircraft specifically to one person (example: Me selling one of my aircraft to a specific airline)

Ill add more ideas as I think of them.

Also i think we should already have aircraft reg. numbers, and cargo operations.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Guest_Speed Bird_*

Guest_Speed Bird_*
  • Guests
Problem with this is that other players with multiple accounts will abuse the system. as a result, it's almost impossible to implement successfully.

BritAbroad

BritAbroad

Moderator and Data Collector

• Data Manager
  • 1,677 posts
I like the idea in principle. I think that it would be an added challenge if you couldn't offload your aircraft unless there was a buyer with a negotiable sale, or scrappage.

However, as Speed Bird quite correctly points out, it would be easy to open multiple airlines and "feed" one airline, bypassing the delivery slots system.

sagsmall.png

Viero

Viero

Data Collector

• 231 posts

User's Awards

Personal selling is a good idea, at least I think. Also, we should be able to set our own prices as well for personal.

Posted Image

Posted Image

un1

un1

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 1,187 posts

User's Awards

2    3         
This was a feature at one time.. It was abused heavily, thus its no longer in the game.

R6 - NSW Airlines

Leafshi

Leafshi

AE Know It All

• 120 posts

User's Awards

2    2   
I bet there is some way to make it work.....

Viero

Viero

Data Collector

• 231 posts

User's Awards

Overall, people like it. All I have to do now is show the poll to Yuxi :clap:

Posted Image

Posted Image

BritAbroad

BritAbroad

• Data Manager
  • 1,677 posts
People like the idea, yes.
However, you will note that at least two of the people who like the idea (myself included) also commented saying that while the idea would be good, they also acknowledge that it won't be practical, and will enable cheating.

So, you can take this to the developers, just don't get your hopes up, especially as one of them has already posted in here.

sagsmall.png

Leafshi

Leafshi

AE Know It All

• 120 posts

User's Awards

2    2   

Overall, people like it. All I have to do now is show the poll to Yuxi :clap:

I bet Yuxi would say no, probably because of what happened in the old sim. :censored:

Rob

Rob

AE Addict To-Be

• 13 posts
This also creates problems with friends helping other friends also. I think a general marketplace is the best way. I think this would be so hard to implement successfully.

9M-TKS

9M-TKS

• 888 posts
The current used market is also unpractical, as you can order a huge number of ac and sell them off as you have a "guaranteed" buyer
Posted Image

First to fly - Airbus A350, B787-9 in AE8

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

The current used market is also unpractical, as you can order a huge number of ac and sell them off as you have a "guaranteed" buyer

It's hard to make a profit by doing so.

As I said in the other thread, it's a good idea by itself but with our delivery system it's completely open to abuse and cheating, as demonstrated in previous versions of the sim. <_<

Clutch Airball

Clutch Airball

Hallo.

• 430 posts

I like the idea in principle. I think that it would be an added challenge if you couldn't offload your aircraft unless there was a buyer with a negotiable sale, or scrappage.

However, as Speed Bird quite correctly points out, it would be easy to open multiple airlines and "feed" one airline, bypassing the delivery slots system.

Well, there could be a seperate world where you only were allowed 1 airline, but you can sell a/c to others?
Proud AE member since 15th August, 2010
Planes I've travelled on:
A319, A320, A330, A380, B767, B777-200, B777-200ER, B777-200LR, B777-300, B777-300ER, ERJ-175,

BritAbroad

BritAbroad

• Data Manager
  • 1,677 posts
But how would you enforce that? Players could simply use another email account to open another airline. Its been done before.

sagsmall.png

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts
It's impossible en of story the game is unrealistic enough with players ruining it by ordering every aircraft in the game and servicing routes once a week to have this feature implemented would just wreak havoc and chaos will ensue <_<

Before anyone suggests IP banning won't work in case other family members want to play

un1

un1

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 1,187 posts

User's Awards

2    3         
IP banning doesnt work if the IP is dynamic either.

R6 - NSW Airlines

nzaviation

nzaviation

AE Player

• 50 posts
In the real world most airlines are made up of an airline group. Eg Qantas own many smaller airlines and have been known to move aircraft within their fleet. This happned with the 717 a few times. Also Ansett did it alot with the Fokker aircraft. This would be realistic.

I have Qantas Australia and Qantas NZ. Both airlines have Q200 but I now require more in Australia and essentially none in NZ. Now that you cannot buy the Q200 new I sold the Q200 aircraft of my NZ operation and then bought them using Qantas Australia. The result. Qantas Australia is satisfied, and Qantas NZ doesnt have aircraft it didnt need.

9M-TKS

9M-TKS

• 888 posts
Why don't we add a surcharge on top of the commission when buying/selling ac?
Posted Image

First to fly - Airbus A350, B787-9 in AE8

Tintinfan

Tintinfan

AE's No.1 Trainfan!

• AE Moderator / Data Collector
  • 1,249 posts
Hows about you block it so that you cant send it to airlines associated to you. Then, add a time limit to it and some form of payment. Such as I send a B733 to un1 for example...it costs me 1/4 of the cost of the aircraft and it takes x4 of the delivery.

So if it takes 2 weeks to make, and it costs $40,000,000 then when I send it to the person it costs me $10,000,000 to send it and 8 weeks before they receive it. Might stop people cheating in the least :/

AE Moderator | Globe Alliance Admin | AE's No.1 Railway Enthusiast

675143919b.jpg

un1

un1

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 1,187 posts

User's Awards

2    3         
The thing is nothing is stopping people from creating clone accounts to have other airlines.. if you had say 3 airlines on one account, you could send all those airlines aircraft to the one airline not in the clone account. (and if you have 2 airlines in the non-clone account you can, in the second airline, send your aircraft to the clone accoun and send it back to the main airline.)

R6 - NSW Airlines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users