Photo

New Planes

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

deltafan

deltafan

• 117 posts
Now, even though the following are no longer in production, perhaps the should show up in the next version of AE, whether through Public Market, or leasors (if there are any in the next version), or if there is another way to do this. But I think the following airplanes should show up somehow, as they are still in mass use.

Boeing 737-3/-4/-500
McDonnell Douglas MD-11/-80/-87/-90
Douglas DC-10-30/-40
Douglas DC-9-30/-40/-50

Now apparently, the DC-10 and DC-9 are older, but airlines like NWA still operate many of them, as well as many Asian and European carriers, hence all should be in somehow, in my opinion.

AirKevin

AirKevin

Air Kevin Captain

• 929 posts
  • WLM ID:AirKevin747@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:AirKevin747
  • Yahoo ID:AirKevin747
Miller plans to add an aircraft broker, then you can get them there.

airline55

airline55

• 1,198 posts
while I agree that more airplanes are needed, I feel the focus should go to adding planes like the 787 and (eventually) the new 747. Save the older airplanes for the aircraft broker.

finnerandr

finnerandr

• 20 posts
I would love to see some other manufacturers not already on the list. Some examples would be Tupolev, Ilyushin, and Antonov from Russia. For those located in Russia, Eastern Europe, and parts of Asia, this would a realistic alternative to Boeing and Airbus. Would be a cool alternative I think.

airline55

airline55

• 1,198 posts
If I am not wrong, the reason for the lack of Russian aircraft is because it is so hard to find value data on Eastern European Planes.

deltafan

deltafan

• 117 posts
Aircraft Broker works even better, just as long as they are there. Airliners.net has an Aircraft Information Database, you could find Russian aircraft data there, except maybe the price of course.

doug_Or

doug_Or

AE Addict

• Veteran
  • 896 posts

Originally posted by deltafan
Aircraft Broker works even better, just as long as they are there. Airliners.net has an Aircraft Information Database, you could find Russian aircraft data there, except maybe the price of course.

yeah... and the operating costs and fuel flows? Thats kind of the hard part.

ealvarez

ealvarez

• 162 posts
havent any of the US carriers operated any of those? could write them and find out what info they may have on them.

not sure if any of the international carriers may give that info. Cubana de Aviacion i know for sure still fly's the IL's

deltafan

deltafan

• 117 posts
No American or Canadian airline ever operated a Russian plane because of the Cold War.

airline55

airline55

• 1,198 posts
There has also been a ban on russian aircraft in the U.S. for many years because quite a few of them seem to have a habit of breaking apart in-flight.

finnerandr

finnerandr

• 20 posts
I spent about an hour researching the Tupolev planes and so far I have info on the following planes:
Tu-334(100/100D/120D/200/220)
Tu-204(100/120/300)
Tu-214
Tu-154
Tu-154M
Tu-144
Tu-124
Tu-114
Tu-104
I am still looking for approximate pricing for these planes as well as the fuel capacity and fuel burn data. I have it for some, but not all. I emailed the folks at Tupolev asking for help and I really hope they can send me what I am looking for! I dont mind doing some legwork on this if it means a chance to implement some new planes to the game. I can tell you from what I have seen so far, these will be very popular in the game because the price is so cheap!!! Maybe tomorrow I can start on Ilyushin and Antonov. What do you all think? Should I continue to research or is this just not a viable option for this game. Miller, if I am wasting my time, let me know. Otherwise I shall continue.

deltafan

deltafan

• 117 posts
Wow thanks for doing the research. I hope Miller will decide to integrate them into the system. If he did, I'd buy a Tu-154, just because it's such a classic aircraft. Although, I don't think that Tu-104 through 144 (except 134, but only very few are still in operation, so very few should be on the game) should be in the game, as they aren't operated at all anymore.

They may be popular price-wise, so what I'm worried about is them becoming dominant (especially the few that are still in production, like the TU-204/-214 and Il-96) because of the price, unless they are uneconomical and only fit for certain things like all of the other planes on AE.

[Edited on 7/25/2005 by deltafan]

galapagapop

galapagapop

• 602 posts

Originally posted by deltafan
Wow thanks for doing the research. I hope Miller will decide to integrate them into the system. If he did, I'd buy a Tu-154, just because it's such a classic aircraft. Although, I don't think that Tu-104 through 144 (except 134, but only very few are still in operation, so very few should be on the game) should be in the game, as they aren't operated at all anymore.

They may be popular price-wise, so what I'm worried about is them becoming dominant (especially the few that are still in production, like the TU-204/-214 and Il-96) because of the price, unless they are uneconomical and only fit for certain things like all of the other planes on AE.

[Edited on 7/25/2005 by deltafan]

Ruskies are great but can not be added not only because of very inconsistant info, but for realism reasons such as they are not certified in many countries and of coarse they are not up to stage 3 noise restrictions preventing them from entering most US or European airports, but the game has no noise, runway, or certification system in place that would restric Tu134's from flying routes like ORD-JFK.

deltafan

deltafan

• 117 posts
OK, then maybe the only Russian planes on the market should be Il-96 and the new Tu's. That way they would not dominate and it would be more even, much like it is now.

StephenM

StephenM

• 987 posts
  • WLM ID:srkm@eircom.net
TU-144's are not in operation. (The Competitor to Concorde) TU-154M's and TU-134's come to Irish Airports every so often on charter flights.

deltafan

deltafan

• 117 posts
Well if they are put in, they should be very, very few as they aren't mass operated in large numbers anymore.

StephenM

StephenM

• 987 posts
  • WLM ID:srkm@eircom.net
The TU-204 would be nice since the B752/3 is now gone in the real world.

deltafan

deltafan

• 117 posts
Even though it's a little unrealistic, I think AE should keep the 757s being manufactured, as their end was a sad and unfortunate one.

DevSilv7

DevSilv7

• 52 posts
  • WLM ID:djs50fiftyone@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:Fifty50baller237
  • Yahoo ID:djs50fiftyone

Originally posted by airline55
while I agree that more airplanes are needed, I feel the focus should go to adding planes like the 787 and (eventually) the new 747. Save the older airplanes for the aircraft broker.

I think the focus shouldnt be there as these planes arent even operational. Personally I think the A380 and Worldliner 777 should be removed from the game untill they begin actual airline service.
Aircraft Broker is actually a very good idea because then you wont have 17 pages of orders for Airbus anymore, everyone'll be getting Super 80s ;)

AceMaxwell

AceMaxwell

• 46 posts
  • WLM ID:Steudl4@hotmail.com
  • AIM Screen Name:Steudl4
  • Yahoo ID:silversquadleader
727 series. and that is all i am saying

[Edited on 8/15/2005 by AceMaxwell]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users