- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

Iberia

Iberia

AE Player

• 44 posts

Attached File  1.jpg   9.59KB   2 downloads

Iberia Líneas Aéreas de España, S.A. is the flag carrier airline of Spain. Based in Madrid, it operates an international network of services.

Its main bases are Madrid-Barajas Airport and Barcelona El Prat Airport.
However a further base is Las Palmas, and we are already planning to open more on several cities through Spain, such as Valencia, Málaga and Palma de Mallorca, among others.

Iberia fly to over 120 destinations, and the list is growing each day. Also we are working with Oneworld to guarantee that our passengers can get to wherever they want to with one of our airlines.

The airline is actually renewing its whole fleet, with 4 different aircrafts, two for short and medium haul, and another two for long haul flights.
Furthermore we are already planning how our fleet will look like in the near future, this is, Airbus, 319, 320 and 321 for short and medium haul, and Airbus 330 and 340 for long haul.

All of our aircraft offer high-quality seats in three classes with a convenient IFE System available for all of our passengers, along with other services.
In addition we also offer a wide range of offers and attractive prices worldwide, because we are the world's local airline, (in collaboration with Oneworld) with base in Spain.

Looking forward to seeing you on one of our aircrafts soon,
Iberia's Manager.

Attached File  1.jpg   61.58KB   4 downloads

-Iberia-

Spanish Flag Carrier

CON IBERIA ERES MÁS ;)

Iberia

Iberia

AE Player

• 44 posts
False.
We'll see.

-Iberia-

Spanish Flag Carrier

CON IBERIA ERES MÁS ;)

Iberia

Iberia

AE Player

• 44 posts
And who is the flag carrier? Iberia.

-Iberia-

Spanish Flag Carrier

CON IBERIA ERES MÁS ;)

9M-TKS

9M-TKS

• 888 posts
Even if Iberia is the flag carrier in real life it doesn't mean it will be in AE. And yes, I'd like to see what you mean by false.
Posted Image

First to fly - Airbus A350, B787-9 in AE8

Iberia

Iberia

AE Player

• 44 posts
A flag carrier is a transportation company, such as an airline or shipping company, that is locally registered in a given country.

http://en.wikipedia....ki/Flag_carrier

That exactly Iberia's definition, plus, it is run by a Spanish.

jp, could you explain me that about regional coverage? I do not think so...

-Iberia-

Spanish Flag Carrier

CON IBERIA ERES MÁS ;)

Iberia

Iberia

AE Player

• 44 posts
Regional coverage is done by Iberia in the same extent, in fact maybe even more.
I do not have anything against Las Palmas but I am not going to tolerate this anti-Iberia movement as it is being done without sense.

And do not forget that if BA continues to fly the flag, is thanks to IB which has given BA 600 million euros, the least you can't do is not attack IB (real one), if you do not know what you are talking about.

Cheers.

-Iberia-

Spanish Flag Carrier

CON IBERIA ERES MÁS ;)

Iberia

Iberia

AE Player

• 44 posts
It hasn't: by now, logically they have not merge yet, but it will do soon, don't worry.

Plus, recently IB had some options for A320 and gave them to BA at a lower price.
That's: working together, something that some people here, seem not to know anything about.

Cheers.

-Iberia-

Spanish Flag Carrier

CON IBERIA ERES MÁS ;)

Iberia

Iberia

AE Player

• 44 posts
You tell me.

-Iberia-

Spanish Flag Carrier

CON IBERIA ERES MÁS ;)

9M-TKS

9M-TKS

• 888 posts
Las Palmas still flies more flights than you and has a higher market share in MAD than you.
Posted Image

First to fly - Airbus A350, B787-9 in AE8

Iberia

Iberia

AE Player

• 44 posts
Thank you tk-s...
Low cost airline Ryanair is soon going to carry more passengers in Spain and probably also soon do more flights in the same country than Iberia. Would you say then that Ryanair is the flag carrier?

-Iberia-

Spanish Flag Carrier

CON IBERIA ERES MÁS ;)

Iberia

Iberia

AE Player

• 44 posts
Sorry jpgardiner, but that's not true.
IB is the main airline in BCN, thanks for reminding me ;)

All this is more than ridiculous, what's the problem with IB being the flag carrier (because it is so)?

I'm glad that Las Palmas is bigger, congratulations un1!
There is no point discussing that, but I see you are bored.

-Iberia-

Spanish Flag Carrier

CON IBERIA ERES MÁS ;)

Iberia

Iberia

AE Player

• 44 posts
You better do so, because IBERIA is the main airline in Barcelona.
My point is, what the matter with Iberia or Las Palmas operating more or less?
They are two independent airlines, that could work together, but you prefer to break out a war that didn't never exist, just because... (we'll, that's where I shut up).
All this is senseless.

-Iberia-

Spanish Flag Carrier

CON IBERIA ERES MÁS ;)

Iberia

Iberia

AE Player

• 44 posts
My issue is that's none of your business.

-Iberia-

Spanish Flag Carrier

CON IBERIA ERES MÁS ;)

Iberia

Iberia

AE Player

• 44 posts
Well, as far as I am it is not, at all.

-Iberia-

Spanish Flag Carrier

CON IBERIA ERES MÁS ;)

Iberia

Iberia

AE Player

• 44 posts
First of all, what's the matter with Iberia or Las Palmas being the flag carrier? Is it really that important to you? (taking into account that you have nothing to do with it)
Plus, is Las Palmas yours? I don't think so, and that's why it none of your business at all.
Why don't you discuss things that have something to do with yourself instead of with other people, are you the representative of someone and I didn't know?

What the hell does competence has to do with being a flag carrier? That's completely illogical!
I wouldn't expect that kind argument from someone like you, I was expecting something more logical than that.

-Iberia-

Spanish Flag Carrier

CON IBERIA ERES MÁS ;)

Iberia

Iberia

AE Player

• 44 posts

isn't it?

I'm a competing airline and you suddenly claim to be flag carrier. As far as I'm concerned, it is my business.

There you go.

-Iberia-

Spanish Flag Carrier

CON IBERIA ERES MÁS ;)

Iberia

Iberia

AE Player

• 44 posts

Las Palmas is my airline. Read the forums and you might find out. Un1 merged his airlines into Anglo Aegean a few weeks ago.

Also, where has 'competence' come from?

Since when?
The truth is, you are not answering anything, I may have to repeat:

First of all, what's the matter with Iberia or Las Palmas being the flag carrier? Is it really that important to you? (taking into account that you have nothing to do with it)
Plus, is Las Palmas yours? I don't think so, and that's why it none of your business at all.
Why don't you discuss things that have something to do with yourself instead of with other people, are you the representative of someone and I didn't know?

What the hell does competence has to do with being a flag carrier? That's completely illogical!
I wouldn't expect that kind argument from someone like you, I was expecting something more logical than that.

Anyway, supposing that Las Palmas was yours, what would be the matter? Are you going to loose a lot of money because Iberia is the flag carrier?
Well, if it is your airline then I don't understand how you can be so sure that's it's the main airline in BCN when it isn't.
Once more, surprising.

-Iberia-

Spanish Flag Carrier

CON IBERIA ERES MÁS ;)

Iberia

Iberia

AE Player

• 44 posts

competing; not competence! Two different words!

Same root word.

-Iberia-

Spanish Flag Carrier

CON IBERIA ERES MÁS ;)

Iberia

Iberia

AE Player

• 44 posts

For heavens sake, Las Palmas is mine:

http://forums.airlin...up/page__st__20

http://forums.airlin...th/page__st__20

Money doesn't concern me; the fact of the matter is I'm running LPA as the flag carrier, and have always considered it to be the national carrier.

Anyway, at BCN, I have a greater market share; the LPA group is larger than you.

LOL, I knew you were going to say, you are so predictable...
We are not talking about groups here, don't forget that.

Why wouldn't you say that you were running Las Palmas, at the beginning of the discussion?

-Iberia-

Spanish Flag Carrier

CON IBERIA ERES MÁS ;)

Iberia

Iberia

AE Player

• 44 posts

isn't it?

I'm a competing airline and you suddenly claim to be flag carrier. As far as I'm concerned, it is my business.

I don't see your point: "I'm a competing airline and you suddenly claim to be a flag carrier" ?????
What do those two things have in common with each other?

-Iberia-

Spanish Flag Carrier

CON IBERIA ERES MÁS ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users