Photo

[Resolved] Problem with Autopricing

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Phillip

Phillip

• 9 posts
I have several routes where I noticed the load factor dropped to the low 20s overnight and when I asked the autopricing to reprice the tickets it still came up with the same loss, but when I turned autopricing off and manually entered in the same price, it came up as a profit. It was not the optimal price point, which I had to find by slowly increasing the fare til it maximized, but the ticket price from an autoprice should come up with the same load factor as that same price entered manually.

Swedish Star Airlines

Swedish Star Airlines

• 14 posts
i've had pricing issues also,

routes were profitable upon set up, then straight after resulted in losses?

I used Autopricing also

Spenser

Spenser

Global Forum Moderator/Data Collector

• Veteran
  • 516 posts

i've had pricing issues also,

routes were profitable upon set up, then straight after resulted in losses?

I used Autopricing also

Wait ten minutes then check again.

also, what is the name of your airline?
Flown in-A319, A320, 717, 737-300, 737-700, 737-800, 757-200, 757-300, 767-200ER, 767-300, 767-300ER, MD-11, MD-82, MD-83, MD-88, MD-90, L-1011 Tristar, DC-10, CRJ-200, CRJ-700, CRJ-900, Dash 8 (100 and 300), Saab 340, ERJ-175

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com

I've been waiting 2 days for some routes to get profitable, should I wait longer :sdrool:
Posted Image

Swedish Star Airlines

Swedish Star Airlines

• 14 posts

also, what is the name of your airline?

SwedAir

previously

Swedish star Airlines

Spenser

Spenser

Global Forum Moderator/Data Collector

• Veteran
  • 516 posts

I've been waiting 2 days for some routes to get profitable, should I wait longer :sdrool:

Sorry, but those routes are DEAD:saint:. Happens to me a lot too...

Removed alliance advertising

Flown in-A319, A320, 717, 737-300, 737-700, 737-800, 757-200, 757-300, 767-200ER, 767-300, 767-300ER, MD-11, MD-82, MD-83, MD-88, MD-90, L-1011 Tristar, DC-10, CRJ-200, CRJ-700, CRJ-900, Dash 8 (100 and 300), Saab 340, ERJ-175

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com
Logged into one of our alliance player sim2 game this morning, they are away on a holiday, tried to adjust a massive lot of negitive routes, cant seem to make them profitable, plus noticed that if they have two aircraft flying both drop down.

The game needs to be reset now and these new addidtions need to be looked at into a beta test to see what the issues are.

Pointless, playing like this if you make a route and it shows massive returns and you come back later to see its lost so much DOP.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm a moderator, that's all.

Consult me for AE moderation issues.

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts

Logged into one of our alliance player sim2 game this morning, they are away on a holiday, tried to adjust a massive lot of negitive routes, cant seem to make them profitable, plus noticed that if they have two aircraft flying both drop down.

The game needs to be reset now and these new addidtions need to be looked at into a beta test to see what the issues are.

Pointless, playing like this if you make a route and it shows massive returns and you come back later to see its lost so much DOP.

I say first sort out the issues then reset the game. No point in resetting with the LF still up the creak. I can't understand what has happend. It worked perfectly before the game was paused!
Posted Image

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

I say first sort out the issues then reset the game. No point in resetting with the LF still up the creak. I can't understand what has happend. It worked perfectly before the game was paused!

It must be the address link from the old Server to Mysql server that was on Millers system before moving it to the cloud servers guess it is backtracking before the game was paused, Tobias needs to look at those links and get the servers back computing correctly.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm a moderator, that's all.

Consult me for AE moderation issues.

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Yea, atm, the game is unplayable... for 2 straight days, i have increased my DOP by between 5-10 million, only to have my DOP fall by the same amount or even a touch more. At present, it is pointless for me to setup any routes, when at the end of the day it will only in a few hours go below where i left my DOP.

I dont know what Elchie did in the change over, but the Sim2 is screwed atm.

And as Glennos said, the game PRIOR to the changing over the servers, was fine and i could increase my DOP and not have such a dramatic change of DOP such of this. If i wanted this, i would of played sim1 and been on there and changes routes asap like i used to do....

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

Naim

Naim

AE Addict

• 55 posts
God lol my routes 6 of my routes has been closed due to negative profit!! I tried making new routes but it says 200k profit and when i click the confirm button or what ever lol it says -498,600! lol that is a majour glitch

TerryMcKenna

TerryMcKenna

• 97 posts
I too am having similar problems. The pricing menu is out of sync with the route menu.
I can adjust the tix price but load factors and profits do not change on the main routes table
I have routes that are 100% load factors regardless of tix price.
Terry :-)

gba222

gba222

• 86 posts
I don't know why you're all complaining - its just a new feature simulating the impact of a global economic recession on AE airlines! I think its working rather well. Massive losses, plummeting passenger numbers - brilliant! :P

alex_nl

alex_nl

• Validating
  • 87 posts
My airline is weathering this recesion quite well I still have a 68 % profit margin.:P

sheldon

sheldon

• 20 posts
same problem is happening right here too.
Also, those negative routes show the average LF as 0%, 3%, 4%....like that. The number is very close to 0%.
I think this kind of thing is related to autopricing matters. (just my guess)

And, I really like the game after pausing. Much faster than before.
If this problem is solved, AE will be much better than before pausing. Nice job! and Thank you

Goose96

Goose96

Respected member

• 39 posts
Please could you maybe postpone the start of the round if the problem isn't fixed , because we can't start a round with most of our routes in a loss
:airplaneGT Revolution connecting you worldwide from EWR:airplane

alex_nl

alex_nl

• Validating
  • 87 posts
I have a Daily Operating Profit: of $579,245.00 You are just not opening the right routes

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
Those people who have bad LF's or profits. You need to fly from very large airports to make any money especially in the beginning.

Airports like LHR / CDG / ORD / MAD / LAX / HND / HKG etc etc ...

If later you feel the need to build a hub at Hicksville Tennessee then by all means go ahead but there is nothing wrong with the profits at the moment if you fly from the correct cities.

If your routes are running at a loss, close them and try opening them again as more people have joined since the game was reset.

Mine has gone up 300k and I have not even done anything :P
Posted Image

Chaostah

Chaostah

• 181 posts
I'm doing 500k flat out of Toronto... but whenever I update routes... it overprices some of them and i keep getting 60% LF's, but in the updating page it shows the correct LF and a lower price.. then i wait 10 minutes... there is little change and the LF/price stays relatively same.

aerospaceair

aerospaceair

• 127 posts
Even for me between DFW "big city" and PHX "still decent sized city" yields no profits at all regardless of price with a Q400. Probably will be another reset soon after this round start but it will all be worth it when sim2 is running smooth with all the proposed new features. :P
Airline ID: 8791 in the World Airline Alliance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users