Photo

Chinese regional jet makes first flight!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

FlyWorld Air

FlyWorld Air

Olly - Data Collector

• 605 posts
The new ARJ-21 has made it's maiden voyage; a one hour flight into Shanghai. Pictures:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Jet

Jet

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 518 posts
It looks like a DC9/CRJ combined;)

Cloud airlines

Cloud airlines

• 70 posts

It looks like a DC9/CRJ combined;)

Basically it's a plane build on MD90 tooling, which is why it looks like a DC-9. The Chinese kept the fuselage and tail but updated the avionics, gave it CRJ engines, gave it a new wing, and a slew of other improvements.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wind Airlines, "Fly like the wind"

DiscoverFRA

DiscoverFRA

Long Time Member

• 296 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:simpleton21j
I wonder...:turned:, how safe is this thing?

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
As safe as those chinese toys that got banned from the states for lead contamination. :innocent: :)

Anyways, so far, you will only see them fly around China, considering its only been ordered by Chinese customers. Pity they have to copy another model, slaps some new engines and winglets and claim its there. Wish they made their own model and showed it off, but i guess they rather copy than innovate.

:Roll:

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

FlyWorld Air

FlyWorld Air

Olly - Data Collector

• 605 posts
It's a start for Chinese aviation... There's only so many plausible designs otu there you know!
Posted Image

Cloud airlines

Cloud airlines

• 70 posts

As safe as those chinese toys that got banned from the states for lead contamination. :innocent: :D

Anyways, so far, you will only see them fly around China, considering its only been ordered by Chinese customers. Pity they have to copy another model, slaps some new engines and winglets and claim its there. Wish they made their own model and showed it off, but i guess they rather copy than innovate.

:Roll:

Hey at least the 717 is in production again.:)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wind Airlines, "Fly like the wind"

Jet

Jet

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 518 posts

Basically it's a plane build on MD90 tooling, which is why it looks like a DC-9. The Chinese kept the fuselage and tail but updated the avionics, gave it CRJ engines, gave it a new wing, and a slew of other improvements.

Okay, thanks for that:D:-Clap

flightsimer

flightsimer

Senior Member/Beta Tester

• 507 posts

User's Awards

2    2   
you should see the designs for a "new" plane that looks ABSOLUTING, EXACTLY like the the 787...
CEO North Eastern Airways
22217 sim1- Boeing 747-100 LAUNCH CUSTOMER!
17904 sim2
BETA TESTER- #1 airline, only if it actually counted lol

DiscoverFRA

DiscoverFRA

Long Time Member

• 296 posts

you should see the designs for a "new" plane that looks ABSOLUTING, EXACTLY like the the 787...

uh, the 787 is just a fancied 757

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
787 sucks.. they should of keep the sharkfin tail!!! :Mad3

dleLlDN.png?raw=1

MStecker

MStecker

• 24 posts

uh, the 787 is just a fancied 757

You're joking, right?

DiscoverFRA

DiscoverFRA

Long Time Member

• 296 posts

You're joking, right?

Why? :puzzled: it has the same basic shape and config. they over lap in the seat number a bit, it has a few more fancy thing, i would actually call in a combo of 757,767 & 777, it takes elements from all of these models, it a big mixed thing , I know :off-topic:

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts

It's a start for Chinese aviation... There's only so many plausible designs otu there you know!

There are still others available. I was really hoping someone would have successfully taken up the Fairchild / Dornier 728 and 928 by now. They still look like amazing aircraft and could still compete with the EMB and CRJ aircraft.:)
Posted ImagePosted Image

FlyWorld Air

FlyWorld Air

Olly - Data Collector

• 605 posts

There are still others available. I was really hoping someone would have successfully taken up the Fairchild / Dornier 728 and 928 by now. They still look like amazing aircraft and could still compete with the EMB and CRJ aircraft.:)

Could you not say the E-Jets from Embraer are quite similar to these models. They are very similar in terms of capacity (E-170: 78, F/D 728: 80). As is the Sukhoi Superjet I believe.
Posted Image

mikhail

mikhail

• 127 posts
Isn't this from the Embraer - China Division? Boeing has an aircraft conversion and maintenance facilities there, too...read it somewhere in Airways magazine..:-)
Air Atlantic International...bringing LUXURY way up high in the sky!!!

MStecker

MStecker

• 24 posts

Why? :puzzled: it has the same basic shape and config. they over lap in the seat number a bit, it has a few more fancy thing, i would actually call in a combo of 757,767 & 777, it takes elements from all of these models, it a big mixed thing , I know :off-topic:

That's like saying that the A340 is just an updated DC-8, since they have the same "basic shape and config." In engineering, form follows function; you could have a Triple-decker biplane with 12 Olympus 593s to power it, but it wouldn't make any sense. With the point at which technology and engineering has arrived, we've learned that for your intercontinental passenger aircraft, a tubular fuselage with swept wings and either two or four engines hanging underneath them is the configuration that works.
And "a few more fancy thing" is a hideous understatement.
The 787:
-is 80% composite material (by volume); the 757 is a traditional mostly-aluminum construction.
-is a widebody aircraft, with 3-4-3/2-4-2 seating in Y; the 757 is a narrowbody with 3-3 in Y
-has a range of 3050 nm for the -3 series, 7650nm for the -8 series, and 8000nm for the -9 series; the 757 has a range of 4100nm in its longest-range version.
-has a novel "interchangeable engine" system, in which any aircraft may be fitted with either the RR or GE engine options.
-has the electrochromism based "smart glass" which dims the windows electronically, and her cabin will be lit entirely with LEDs.
-has a state-of-the-art, completely new glass cockpit, provided by Rockwell (the same folks who bring you the space shuttle).
-a completely innovative air-conditioning system, including higher levels of humidity and a lower pressurization altitude for increased passenger comfort.
-includes a gust alleviation system, which makes for a smoother ride when turbulence is encountered.

On the outside, they may look kind of similar, but on the inside, pretty much the only thing they share is the signature Boeing yoke.

DiscoverFRA

DiscoverFRA

Long Time Member

• 296 posts

That's like saying that the A340 is just an updated DC-8, since they have the same "basic shape and config." In engineering, form follows function; you could have a Triple-decker biplane with 12 Olympus 593s to power it, but it wouldn't make any sense. With the point at which technology and engineering has arrived, we've learned that for your intercontinental passenger aircraft, a tubular fuselage with swept wings and either two or four engines hanging underneath them is the configuration that works.
And "a few more fancy thing" is a hideous understatement.
The 787:
-is 80% composite material (by volume); the 757 is a traditional mostly-aluminum construction.
-is a widebody aircraft, with 3-4-3/2-4-2 seating in Y; the 757 is a narrowbody with 3-3 in Y
-has a range of 3050 nm for the -3 series, 7650nm for the -8 series, and 8000nm for the -9 series; the 757 has a range of 4100nm in its longest-range version.
-has a novel "interchangeable engine" system, in which any aircraft may be fitted with either the RR or GE engine options.
-has the electrochromism based "smart glass" which dims the windows electronically, and her cabin will be lit entirely with LEDs.
-has a state-of-the-art, completely new glass cockpit, provided by Rockwell (the same folks who bring you the space shuttle).
-a completely innovative air-conditioning system, including higher levels of humidity and a lower pressurization altitude for increased passenger comfort.
-includes a gust alleviation system, which makes for a smoother ride when turbulence is encountered.

On the outside, they may look kind of similar, but on the inside, pretty much the only thing they share is the signature Boeing yoke.

Okay partly convinced but none of these thing, none of them are based on anything from other models, isn't there significant use of composite on the 777?

DiscoverFRA

DiscoverFRA

Long Time Member

• 296 posts

787 sucks.. they should of keep the sharkfin tail!!! :Mad3

Like the Fooker 100 and MD-80?

MStecker

MStecker

• 24 posts

Okay partly convinced but none of these thing, none of them are based on anything from other models, isn't there significant use of composite on the 777?

Only 12% of the 777, by weight, is composite. I don't know that figure by volume. 50% of the 787, by weight is composite, but that's 80% by volume.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users