Starting Aircraft Suggestions

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Jet

Jet

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 518 posts
What do you guys think we should start of with in Sim1 and Sim2, just curious.:puzzled:

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com

What do you guys think we should start of with in Sim1 and Sim2, just curious.:puzzled:

753-300 or a333 , then we can all jump on HND - PVG at the beginning and make lots of money!

Jet

Jet

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 518 posts
All ABOARD THE GLENNOS MONEY EXPRESS! :)

BRUMBCA

BRUMBCA

• 40 posts
erm...
sim 1 you should now start with fellowships:)
are they still starting with DC-3'S?:puzzled:

British Columbian Airlines- Simply the best.
Part Of the Star Alliance.

Cloud airlines

Cloud airlines

• 70 posts
I think in Sim 2 we should start with either Q400s or ATRs, and possibly 717s or CRJs. Beeches are way too small.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wind Airlines, "Fly like the wind"

FlyWorld Air

FlyWorld Air

Olly - Data Collector

• 605 posts
Haha, 717's or CRJ's might be a tad too much. When all the aircraft are inputted into the game then maybe have the smallest aircraft available at that time, or for airlines in Soviet countries they have the option of Antonov props, which US airlines would normally pass on.

Off topic: Good to see you and your deadpan wit is back, Glennos!
Posted Image

DiscoverFRA

DiscoverFRA

Long Time Member

• 296 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:simpleton21j
I say, D 328 or Q100, oh and Wind Airlines, your crazy about 717's aren't you :eureka:

Jet

Jet

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 518 posts
I think Dash 8 or SAAB's, possibly

Cloud airlines

Cloud airlines

• 70 posts

Wind Airlines, your crazy about 717's aren't you

Heck yah!!! And Mad Dogs are even better:sdrool:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
I apologize to the folks that have a slow internet connection.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wind Airlines, "Fly like the wind"

Jet

Jet

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 518 posts
Cloud, did you take those, they are great!

paliair

paliair

• 129 posts
I say the Q400!!!!! But only 1 :)

Jet

Jet

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 518 posts

I say the Q400!!!!! But only 1 :)

I think we should start of with around 7,000,000 and our Choice of regional Aircraft:

1x Dash 100/200/300/400, ATR's..

2x J31's, B1900's and other small regional props

p.s. And for Cloud, i think we could sneak a few 717's or one of the greatest Aircraft ever.. THE MD-80's

Vincentvh2

Vincentvh2

• 4 posts
How about the following:

Create a start list with all kinds of old aircraft.
This could be props or jets. Min age for props 5yrs,min age for jets 10.
Start with 10million buy as many aircraft as you like (in the rangefrom 3 to 10million).
But you need to have money left to buy gates and start a route.
The way I look at it the older aircraft have higher operating and fuelcost levelling out the "advantage" you have on buying a cheaper airframe.
To refrain the 2ndhand market to be overwhelmed with old aircraft these could automaticly be mothballed after 4/5 years of gameplay.
This also cuts out on speculating with 2hand start aircraft because the only option would be
mothballing them if you would like to replace them earlier

To me it looks closer to the real world airlines this way.

Jet

Jet

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 518 posts
That, Vincent is excellant. That way we wont have people complaining about Bigger Airlines with more Aircraft becuase you've had a choice to just either sit with your money or Spend it.

Vincentvh2

Vincentvh2

• 4 posts
Exactly! It cancels out the "rapid growth factor" through buying and selling aircraft.
It makes you think more tactical at the very beginning, since this will determin when you can expand in the future.

For example:

Should I Buy:

1x F100 (100seats) at lets say 9.5mill. and only have money left for 1 gate
at AMS and MAD effectively giving me only 1 route

Or:

2x F50 (50seats) at 4.7mill. a pop and have money left for 2xAMS 1xLHR and
1XCDG effectively giving me 2 routes (or even 3 if you shuffle well)

it could be that the first option gives you an annual profit of 6mill. and the second 6.5mill. Or the other way around ofcourse.

Any thoughts?

BTw maybe you could even start with a B737-200 and only have money left for B-grade airports...

Jet

Jet

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 518 posts
I play both sims but i am consentraiting on Sim2 at the moment. What i want to do is get a large fleet of small props like j31s, B1900s.. for small cities while i use ATR's and Dash 8's for larger cities. That way im not waisting money On Jets (though some would be Nice) and only using Aircraft i need

Vincentvh2

Vincentvh2

• 4 posts
That should still be possible inmy idea, it is just the initial decision you take.

Buy 3x B1900 or J31 at 3mill. a pop and have money left for 5 or 6 gates
and start building from there.

The more I think about it the more I like my idea:D:sdrool:

Glennos

Glennos

toowit towoo

• Veteran
  • 1,683 posts
  • WLM ID:badtothebone99@gmail.com

Exactly! It cancels out the "rapid growth factor" through buying and selling aircraft.
It makes you think more tactical at the very beginning, since this will determin when you can expand in the future.

Your synopsis of the problem is flawed. It's nice to see new people make suggestions even if we never know if any of them are taken up because none of the developers tell us anything

The only thing that will stem the "rapid growth factor" as you call it is changing the loadfactor on some major routes.

It does not matter what aircraft I start with if I can make millions a day on a route I will grow fast, if there are then buffers in place to stem that growth even when I am earning alot there is no point in playing the game.

Even now there is little else to spend money on if you have a large DOP than building terminals , wow! that's great.

Adding to that you are making it vastly more complicated than it needs to be
Sorry , a fleeting wind of sarcasm came along with this post as many do that I make :)

Vincentvh2

Vincentvh2

• 4 posts
Your right about the growth factor I havent thought this well through b4 posting.

But I still think that:

How about the following:

Create a start list with all kinds of old aircraft.
This could be props or jets. Min age for props 5yrs,min age for jets 10.
Start with 10million buy as many aircraft as you like (in the rangefrom 3 to 10million).
But you need to have money left to buy gates and start a route.
The way I look at it the older aircraft have higher operating and fuelcost levelling out the "advantage" you have on buying a cheaper airframe.
To refrain the 2ndhand market to be overwhelmed with old aircraft these could automaticly be mothballed after 4/5 years of gameplay.
This also cuts out on speculating with 2hand start aircraft because the only option would be mothballing them if you would like to replace them earlier

To me it looks closer to the real world airlines this way.

Will enhance the AE experience.
If you make millions a day after a start no problem, the money can still be used for buying gates, new planes and so on triggering growth. The thing is that with above mentioned method you have to carefully rethink yr start as you dont get the 5 gates 2 aircraft and 5 million cash anymore.

Sarcasme is geen punt hoor.

DiscoverFRA

DiscoverFRA

Long Time Member

• 296 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:simpleton21j

Sorry , a fleeting wind of sarcasm came along with this post as many do that I make :)

it okay it's good to hear advice from a an experienced former player

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users