Photo

Inflight service Cost?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

wcwraymond

wcwraymond

• 6 posts

User's Awards

I just recently started to look into the inflight service system. I found that the cost of inflight service outweighs the income i obtain from the financial overview by 50%. That is, the the statement, i early 400k a month but the cost is 600k a month. Does it mean i should not give any IFS?

Does it matter with the number of options you are providing, eg

if I give them 3 choices of lunch breakfast dinner, then the cost will be higher because i bring more food on board.

RubberDuckGaming

RubberDuckGaming

Duck

• 396 posts

User's Awards

I just recently started to look into the inflight service system. I found that the cost of inflight service outweighs the income i obtain from the financial overview by 50%. That is, the the statement, i early 400k a month but the cost is 600k a month. Does it mean i should not give any IFS?

Does it matter with the number of options you are providing, eg

if I give them 3 choices of lunch breakfast dinner, then the cost will be higher because i bring more food on board.

No, you are simply using IFS wrong. The best thing to do is to give passengers 1 star food in all slots, set price to max, all amenities and max price. You know you are doing it correctly because profit is $687 per pax on the final screen when you set it up.

6DAF18E9-01AB-4C75-BA89-CF609AFA4A8D.jpeg

RICspotter

RICspotter

Loop

• 204 posts

User's Awards

No, you are simply using IFS wrong. The best thing to do is to give passengers 1 star food in all slots, set price to max, all amenities and max price. You know you are doing it correctly because profit is $687 per pax on the final screen when you set it up.

unless you want a really low reputation this is not a good idea for a well developed airline, although it is good for new airlines just starting out.

Maple_MK

Maple_MK

Novice Livery Designer

• 171 posts

User's Awards

Realistic IFS configs are bound to be unprofitable during the earlier years of your airline. Until you start making a large profit, the best solution is to either use an unrealistic minmaxing config like RubberDuck said above, or just not offer IFS at all.

iheartplanes

iheartplanes

AE Player

• 28 posts

i offer ifs with a loss of $12 per pax, but my reputation is really good in part because of it. so i might earn $1000 or so less per flight but i get good reputation. just depends what your goals are.

wcwraymond

wcwraymond

• 6 posts

User's Awards

thanks I m using the min max config

iheartplanes

iheartplanes

AE Player

• 28 posts

thanks I m using the min max config

i am going to try this on my next airline

iheartplanes

iheartplanes

AE Player

• 28 posts

for minmax, do i set it on every flight?

RubberDuckGaming

RubberDuckGaming

Duck

• 396 posts

User's Awards

for minmax, do i set it on every flight?

You can set it to be default for everything on the IFS page.

6DAF18E9-01AB-4C75-BA89-CF609AFA4A8D.jpeg

iheartplanes

iheartplanes

AE Player

• 28 posts

You can set it to be default for everything on the IFS page.

ok thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users