• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

avionions

avionions

LOVE to fly

• 11 posts

User's Awards

Hey everyone!

I was just scrolling through the aircraft list in my new world, and noticed that it says that all 737 NG's (-600 to -900) are being stopped in 2020, is this correct?

DRW.416

DRW.416

Aviation Enthusiast

• 10 posts

User's Awards

Good day! As far as I know Boeing stopped producing the passenger NG in 2019, but last delivery was 2020. The only NG airframes being built are for the military P-8 Poseidon, the Wedgetail AWACS (for the UK I believe), and maybe the BBJ. So the 2020 end production date should be correct. 

chenie2007

chenie2007

AE Addict To-Be

• 13 posts

I believe only the 737 MAX will be available after 2020

conflictwithin

conflictwithin

Bearer of Destruction

• 29 posts

User's Awards

7    2      
Boeing confirms it delivered the last commercial 737NG in January when it handed two 737-800s to China Eastern Airlines, ending a production run of the type’s commercial variants that started in late 1997.

In the roughly 22 years since, Boeing delivered some 6,900 737NGs to commercial carriers, its data shows.

Several media outlets had previously reported that Boeing handed over the final 737NG, also a 737-800, to KLM Royal Dutch Airlines in December 2019.

But Boeing says that while the KLM aircraft was the last 737NG to come off its production line, the final delivery went to China Eastern on 5 January (2020).

That airline received two NGs on 5 January. Those aircraft, both now in storage, have registration numbers B-20A8 and B-20A1, according to Cirium fleets data.

DRW.416

DRW.416

Aviation Enthusiast

• 10 posts

User's Awards

https://www.boeing.c...ders-deliveries

Double-checked their list to be certain. Their only remaining undelivered NG airframes according to them are the 737-800A, which are all P-8 airframes. There are, as mentioned by FlyEvans, undelivered commercial variants - being three 737-700W and two 737-800 airframes , all five of which are to unidentified/undisclosed customers. For what purpose they serve and to who they'll go to, I don't know, but they're no longer in the major stream of constant orders and deliveries. They may be special orders.  

So yes, Boeing hasn't stopped producing the jets if those are considered, but with the last disclosed major airline orders being four 737-900ER airframes by Alaska Airlines in August 2017, and the last two 737-800 disclosed airline airframes delivered January this year to China Eastern, you can say for the purposes of AE the 2020 end production should be realistic.   

FlyHighAviator

FlyHighAviator

BelgianBoi

• 206 posts

the funny thing is that the last 737NG had a severe production issue, so the delivery to KLM was delayed by a couple of months I believe.

Oz0wXoo.png

Tkk7LNM.png

avionions

avionions

LOVE to fly

• 11 posts

User's Awards

Thanks everyone for these responses! Some very interesting information!!

TheBlock

TheBlock

silly person

• 289 posts

User's Awards

I'd imagine the 737-700C is still in production given its just a glorified C-40 Clipper

edit: C-40 is no longer in production so nvm

jomama

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users