• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

heinkel

heinkel

A Star Alliance Member

• 46 posts

User's Awards

Hi, im thinking to buy a large jet. Which one do you think is the best :

1. A 319(longer range, cheaper cost, but will be delivered in next 22 month)

2. B 737-700 (shorter range, more passenger and expensive than A 319, but will be delivered in next 9/10 month ??)

Russ

Russ

Junior Birdman

• 161 posts
the profits you reap from having the jet online sooner will out weigh any initial cost savings.

The range should not be a factor in your decision. If you are trying to connect cities like that for your first jet you are missing out on profits. Look for something in the 750 - 1500 mile range.

Later the range may be a factor, but you might look at a 757-200 instead or a larger AB.
Bushey Airlines

A little of this and a little of that.

Member ACE

WingsOTWorld

WingsOTWorld

MEMBER 4EVA!

• 822 posts
Unless the 737 cant hit the range requirements you need, you better stick to the 737.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Aircraft Owned: ATR-72s, Saabs, EMB-195LRs, A319s, 1 Q400, and A330s
ANA-The Pinnacle of Japanese Aviation (Kickin off at ORD) -An ACE Alliance Member / エイス アラヤンス メンバー全日空
ID#:10917

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts

Unless the 737 cant hit the range requirements you need, you better stick to the 737.

:puzzled:

I wouldn't bother with the 736 or 737. Check the operating costs and go for the 739.
Posted ImagePosted Image

heinkel

heinkel

A Star Alliance Member

• 46 posts

User's Awards

I'm gonna use them for intercontinental routes(Australia-SE Asia).
For intercontinental, which one of them is the best. I didn't buy larger jet because my cash didn't allowed me :D :)

WingsOTWorld

WingsOTWorld

MEMBER 4EVA!

• 822 posts
I have a difficult time with the 739s....i have one and it was so hard to manage...till i moved it onto a different set of routes but it annoyed be so much. The only thing stoppin me from ditching them for some airbuses are the long lines, my love for boeings, and that ive planned on keeping that line if not buying more...lets hope i find better routes for my next ones.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

ANA-The Pinnacle of Japanese Aviation (Kickin off at ORD) -An ACE Alliance Member / エイス アラヤンス メンバー全日空

Phil2016

Phil2016

• 37 posts
I have had very good luck with the 73Gs (-700) for 2 rounds now. Got about 30 in my fleet now. Seems to me like the 739 can be too much aircraft or if you have a route that can handle it, you might as well bump up to a 752 or 753 and really make some profit on those routes.

The Airbus delay will cost you a lot of money that you could be earning.

WingsOTWorld

WingsOTWorld

MEMBER 4EVA!

• 822 posts

I have had very good luck with the 73Gs for 2 rounds now. Got about 30 in my fleet now. Seems to me like the 739 can be too much aircraft or if you have a route that can handle it, you might as well bump up to a 752 or 753 and really make some profit on those routes.

The Airbus delay will cost you a lot of money that you could be earning.

I whole heartedly agree with that. The entire 737 NG line is good, but the 737-900 can be too much for some routes that are highly competitive/less than 900 nm distance routes. So to say (as someone above said) that the 737-700was/is a bad idea to buy....there is some truth to what I said. Oh but...at any chance when you have like an extra 22+ mil lying around, have Airbuses in queue cause they still do a very good job they just take a long time to deliver.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts

:puzzled:
Check the operating costs and go for the 739.

Look at the Cost per seat mile of the 736 or 737 vs. the 739 and A319. Some routes you may have to switch to a smaller aircraft, especially if you are working from a smaller airport.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Timsher

Timsher

Just a ling

• 573 posts
  • WLM ID:Timsher@gmail.com
  • Yahoo ID:Timsher19
By my estimations the 737 has lower fuel cost (by just a hair) but a higher upfront cost per seat... I prefer to spend more to save later so I go with the 737 line (plus I don't have to wait)
Posted Image

WingsOTWorld

WingsOTWorld

MEMBER 4EVA!

• 822 posts
well lets see....the 736 cant compare to the A319. The 73-7 should do the perfect job for anything between the A320/A319 with lower op costs. The 737-8 isn't as good as the A321 but at either rate you should have gone for the 757s then in my opinon for the best savings over time, and lastly the 737-900 which is the basic reason to why the 757s were retired in real life, has a pretty big seating capacity with costs bill to foot. But anything above the 737-7 in my opinion should look at a 757 instead. More seating opportunities at a slightly higher seat operating cost. But then again...thats my own gut feeling...others have varying opinions.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

Russ

Russ

Junior Birdman

• 161 posts
The 752 is useful for the range, if you don't need the range go either 739 or 753.

Although as an entry level jet, I would go for the 737. Skip the 736.
Bushey Airlines

Member ACE

Russ

Russ

Junior Birdman

• 161 posts

I have a difficult time with the 739s....i have one and it was so hard to manage...till i moved it onto a different set of routes but it annoyed be so much. The only thing stoppin me from ditching them for some airbuses are the long lines, my love for boeings, and that ive planned on keeping that line if not buying more...lets hope i find better routes for my next ones.

I usually start with a 737 or 738, then use a 739 or 752/3 later as I get a feel for the LF. The 739 is too big for many routes. Over time I have accumulated 737/8/9, 752/3 so I can cross level as demand permits. But I would start smaller and build up. And the 739 is range limited.
Bushey Airlines

Member ACE

WingsOTWorld

WingsOTWorld

MEMBER 4EVA!

• 822 posts
I probably should have done that...but I was too "Pax Crazy" and I grabbed the largest plane within range requirements...missing other factors like costs per hour, and current loads. But that was before....I think....
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

ICEHOCEY77

ICEHOCEY77

• 44 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:ICEHOCEY77
Didn't someone do a study awhile back that showed the 739 to be the best Boeing in cost efficiency?

FSPilot

FSPilot

• 73 posts
As far as Cost per hour/seats it's not. The 777-300 is the most efficient. At least by my numbers.
Posted Image
4 Q400s
2 EMB-195LRs
Service to 9 cities
:airplane
Increase the Flash Gordon noise and put more science stuff around...

Tump

Tump

• 442 posts

User's Awards

Didn't someone do a study awhile back that showed the 739 to be the best Boeing in cost efficiency?

For planes that fly short-haul routes (<2500mi); yes.

And if you can't decide.... get both planes :) I fly both A319 and 739. :D

sawilson1971

sawilson1971

• 133 posts
The E195LR has a lower fuel burn figure than both the A319 ond 737.

Steve
Brokering in sim1

User ID 9729

MinnakhtKan

MinnakhtKan

Stormingly Whistly Member

• 187 posts
  • WLM ID:minnair90@hotmail.com
Yeah but also the E195LR carries 20 less pax, although in some routes itsmakes more money. THe E195LR is pretty good actually.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

StephenM

StephenM

• 987 posts
  • WLM ID:srkm@eircom.net
The EMB195LR is the mainstay of the Aer Solas fleet. It can reach anywhere in Europe from our bases and has good cost/capacity figures.
Aer Solas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users