Germanwings Flight 4U 9525 Newsroom

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Magnusson

Magnusson

mate

• 363 posts

http://france24.com/...outhern-france/
Feel free to post any updates or thoughts regarding this crash.
Sincire condoleneces to the families and friends of all those aboard.

QpsnNDM.jpg?1

Clermont von Wildenhain

Clermont von Wildenhain

AE Player

• 26 posts

Monsieur Hollande said there where no survivors. My thoughts and prayers are with all those people onboard, their families and friends. That is a very sad moment.

Domster

Domster

AE's Resident Hapa

• 311 posts
Also it's 4U 9525

Vertice%20Hong%20Kong.png?dl=0

Magnusson

Magnusson

mate

• 363 posts

The title will be changed, thanks for pointing that out Dom. Denver, please refrain yourself from posting unnecessary spam.
Also some updates:
Currently, many sources state that there were 150 people on-board, mostly Spanish, German along with a few Turkish citizens.
The crash site was reached by rescueres.
Germanwings held a press conference at 14:00 CET, with no conclusions presented to the public and media.

QpsnNDM.jpg?1

Mr PAG

Mr PAG

Head Admin of SkyRoutes Alliance

• 1,074 posts

User's Awards

My colendences to the passengers in board and to my country's founding PM Mr Lee Kuan Yew who passed away peacefully. :(

Mr PAG 

Clermont von Wildenhain

Clermont von Wildenhain

AE Player

• 26 posts

French Gendarmerie confirms that there are no survivors. 150 people were onboard, rumours say 45 Spanish and 67 German.

AsiaPacific

AsiaPacific

AE Player

• 54 posts

The flight was from Barcelona to Düsseldorf. It had only reached its cruising altitude of 38,000ft at 10.45am, 44 minutes into the flight. Just a minute or two later, it began an unexplained descent. An airline rep said it was initiated by the pilot. Whether a distress call was made is still up for debate as they are receiving contradictory information as this moment. The descent lasted eight minutes: contact was lost at 10.53am, when the plane was at 6,000ft. The airline does not know why the descent was initiated.

Clermont von Wildenhain

Clermont von Wildenhain

AE Player

• 26 posts

First rumours said there was an emergency declared by the pilot, but this is revoked now. The french authorities declared one after losing the contact to aircraft.

Clermont von Wildenhain

Clermont von Wildenhain

AE Player

• 26 posts

Two babies were onboard and a group of 16 pupils and two teachers. The were on a school exchange near Barcelona.
For myself it remain unbelieveable.

AsiaPacific

AsiaPacific

AE Player

• 54 posts

Black boxes found as per French Interior Minister. Families and next of kin has arrived at Dusseldorf

Dinner

Dinner

AEs out-of-date cold breakfast

• 66 posts

On behalf of JetStar- Europe we offer our sincere condolences to the Familes of the Passengers. Jet Star also will close all Flights passing through the French Alps and will make provisions for other flight paths.

JetStat||

What a horrible statement. It is clear you are very insensitive towards this issue, now treating this tragedy with such disrespect about your fictional airline.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is a tragedy, and my thoughts are for the families & Germanwings. I also hope no one on the ground (Although it seems unlikely) was there or hurt.

TNT88

TNT88

Hates Pedo

• 3,461 posts

User's Awards

2    14       71      

I read that one of the eyewitness said that he saw the plane flying quite low around the mountainous areas and that there are no sign of fire on the engines or any abnormality with the plane itself.

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

I read that one of the eyewitness said that he saw the plane flying quite low around the mountainous areas and that there are no sign of fire on the engines or any abnormality with the plane itself.

This sounds like the cabin could have depressurised but the pilot went unconscious on the descent to 8,000 feet (safe altitude). Assuming this, it would explain why it was uncontrolled, although no not a nosedive. Just my theory.

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

Title fixed and off-topic posts removed. Please note that this is the Real World Aviation forum and is not the place to roleplay with your fictional AE airlines.

Clermont von Wildenhain

Clermont von Wildenhain

AE Player

• 26 posts

A good summarize although it is in spanish. Link

Clermont von Wildenhain

Clermont von Wildenhain

AE Player

• 26 posts

The Voice Recorder. What an impact.

Tesla

Tesla

Inactive

• 2,392 posts

Judging by the fact the plane lost 32,000 feet in 8 minutes, I reckon there was a pressurization blow-out, probably a blown window, pilot may have failed to initiate a descent. Then the wires near the blow-out (including most likely the autopilot ones and control surface ones) were severed by the blow-out leading to the disconnect of the autopilot. Therefore, the plane was no longer controllable as the control wires were rendered unusable.

Seems very unlikely though that this would all happen in 8 mins though.

Clermont von Wildenhain

Clermont von Wildenhain

AE Player

• 26 posts

Judging by the fact the plane lost 32,000 feet in 8 minutes, I reckon there was a pressurization blow-out, probably a blown window, pilot may have failed to initiate a descent. Then the wires near the blow-out (including most likely the autopilot ones and control surface ones) were severed by the blow-out leading to the disconnect of the autopilot. Therefore, the plane was no longer controllable as the control wires were rendered unusable.

Seems very unlikely though that this would all happen in 8 mins though.

IMHO it is the early to make any predicitions. We should at least wait for the analysis of the voice recorder. Also the descent happend in 10 minutes and not in 8.

AsiaPacific

AsiaPacific

AE Player

• 54 posts

no distress call made. descend took 8 minutes instead of instantaneous. just completed maintenance checks days before. the circumstances are very similar to the Helios flight where the cabin slowly lost pressure without the crew knowing and ultimately they all fell unconscious and the plane crashed after running out of fuel. Lets pray the investigators can solve this quickly and prevent a similar event from happening to aircrafts that are nearing it's operational life like this A320 was (first flight was 1990)

Clermont von Wildenhain

Clermont von Wildenhain

AE Player

• 26 posts

72 Germans, 50 Spanish, 3 US-Americans, 3 Britains, 3 Kazakh, 3 Argentinies, 2 Australians, 2 Columbians, 2 Mexicans, 2 Irans, 2 Venezuelans, 2 Japanese, 1 Dutch, 1 Danisch, 1 Belgian, 1 Israeli

The CoPilot was the only one in the Cockpit and there are rumours that he attempted suicide.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users