Photo

Senior members

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

vimac

vimac

• 72 posts
I am wondering why some of the senior members are so hostile and rude at AE.

example:http://www.airlineem...ad.php?tid=1728

[Edited on 6/11/2005 by vimac]

Crazy764

Crazy764

• 206 posts
I agree.

I think some of the "seniors" here need to remember 2 things:
1. It's just an online forum. Not life and death.
2. They were a newbie once, too.

Read my last reply in this thread:

http://www.airlineem...ad.php?tid=1728

flick70

flick70

• 18 posts
Not all the "Senior" members are jerks. I was one of the very first users of this sim, and I normally try to stand up for newbies and be helpful....while at the same time quash some of the more vocal user's behavior.

You have to remember, some of our users are pretty young, and haven't learned to shut up sometimes. :(

Maestro69

Maestro69

El Original Mod, AE Beta Tester

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Well, the only thing i will say is that some newbies dont even read sometimes, and cant be bother to read previous threads becuase they think its the damn given right to post about every minute detail of the game, which like most things, has been discussed about in this forums. I have asked people to search an old thread, which would answered the same question without the need to readdress the issue.

Im more than glad to help newbies, but do try at least to look in previous threads before posting.

:)

Crazy764

Crazy764

• 206 posts

Originally posted by Maestro69
Well, the only thing i will say is that some newbies dont even read sometimes, and cant be bother to read previous threads becuase they think its the damn given right to post about every minute detail of the game, which like most things, has been discussed about in this forums.

1. And who says they don't have that right?
2. So what? Don't even try to tell me about bandwidth and storage problems, because running my own forum, I know how little impact the number of threads has.

maurice

maurice

• 31 posts
Over many years browsing many many forums of all types... I must say you will allways find those rude members, who just love to bash the newbies...

I wonder how would they feal if people threatened them like that when they started. (cause they did start one day also)

There's many ways to answer to someone who asked something that has been braught up before.

One, the easiest, is to recriminate the newbie.

Two, act like a senior member (as many do, but sadly not all), and link the thread where the question was answered or just answering it again.

Come on!!! we ALL did ask something before looking at the past threads, and the one who denies it just lies!

Some people here, are just contributing to convert these forums on a lonely place where only 20, maybe 25 people write. (out of 500+)

The numbers are there.... each day, less and less people are using the forums. And that's because being rude to newbies.

Canadian

Canadian

AE Luver

• 347 posts
Alright guys, come down a little bit.

The only Senior Member who is actually hostile is Nathaniel (sorry man lol but you are :) )

For the newbies: Read and search the forum in and out before you post something that you may think is probably a frequently asked question, or in other words, a stupid question lol.

For the seniors: ACT LIKE A SENIOR MEMBER as Maurice said and DON'T FLAME/BASH THE NEWBIES!

Just link to the thread where they can find their answer. End of discussion. There is no need to be so rude.

YES, I realize that it gets frustrating when we get 1000 questions a week that are exactly the same...but you know what? Suck it up and stop bashing the newbies!!

**End of Rant**

Maestro69

Maestro69

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Hey, Crazy764, im only pointing out that i have seen in these forums on the same day, three thread on the same bloody topic?? Do u think even once that this three different members of the forum, who play AE even looked at the other threads??? No, they didnt and then they think were the bad guys for saying that u really should look at the other thread, as it has been answered alreadly!!!!!

I too was a newbie once when i started in the first game, unlike most present on this forum. However , i didnt post about ever minute detail. I read previous threads to see if my problem had been answered, and most often than not, it had been.

Canadian

Canadian

AE Luver

• 347 posts
This topic is getting out of hand...S.A. 13, lock please.

Crazy764

Crazy764

• 206 posts

Hey, Crazy764, im only pointing out that i have seen in these forums on the same day, three thread on the same bloody topic?? Do u think even once that this three different members of the forum, who play AE even looked at the other threads??? No, they didnt and then they think were the bad guys for saying that u really should look at the other thread, as it has been answered alreadly!!!!!

I too was a newbie once when i started in the first game, unlike most present on this forum. However , i didnt post about ever minute detail. I read previous threads to see if my problem had been answered, and most often than not, it had been.

I have no problems with senior members saying "hey, this topic has already been posted. See here."

But what I do have a problem with is a senior member saying "omg! you retard! f*ckin read first before posting!".

See the difference? I know you aren't like the latter, but some members are. So it would be nice if those truly hostile members can stop bashing newbies. Pointing something out is ok, just don't bash.

EDIT: Ok I'm done now. :)

[Edited on 6/11/2005 by Crazy764]

Maestro69

Maestro69

• AE Moderator
  • 4,010 posts

User's Awards

3    3   
Oh well then, well i suggest maybe calm down and dont try doing a Nathaniel just yet, ok???? :)

maurice

maurice

• 31 posts
why should they lock? I think it's a very interesting thing to be discussed...

[Edited on 11/6/2005 by maurice]

Crazy764

Crazy764

• 206 posts
Yea I apologize. I got a bit stressed up.

Let's all get along now. :)

ithboy

ithboy

• 243 posts
  • WLM ID:exposcohen@hotmail.com
  • AIM Screen Name:expo27scohen

Originally posted by flick70
Not all the "Senior" members are jerks. I was one of the very first users of this sim, and I normally try to stand up for newbies and be helpful....while at the same time quash some of the more vocal user's behavior.

You have to remember, some of our users are pretty young, and haven't learned to shut up sometimes. :)

WOW :) When did you come back?

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
i don't think its all senior members..

its the fact that its my personality lol.... and how i am frustrated how people ask things, that were asked like a day before or less time...

anyways.. its just my way.. post a lot and you will be senior too

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts
  • Yahoo ID:pierceyohio@sbcglobal.net
Since someone requested a Nathaniel impersonation- WE SENIOR MEMBERS HAVE THE RIGHT TO BASH ANY F****** NOOBIE WE WANT SO SHUT UP!!!:mad:

Maurice and Mastero- look at Australis Airlines News v2 thread, hope you like my double bashing post;):):)

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
i agree with piercey..

bashing all the way

from experience:

Bashing is actually the most effective thing of the forums. every time i bash it only comes up like once or twice more.. without bashing i have seen like 20 threads on the same thing

ithboy

ithboy

• 243 posts
  • WLM ID:exposcohen@hotmail.com
  • AIM Screen Name:expo27scohen
Since this is somewhat on-topic with spelling, Piercey butT has two TTs :)

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts
  • Yahoo ID:pierceyohio@sbcglobal.net
Nathaniel- I meant it as a joke to tick you off, oh well...:)

NO BASHING ALLOWED:mad::mad::mad:

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests

THIS IS EXCELLENT!!!!!!

oh yeah, this reminds me i am like Mr. House on the show House :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users