Photo

Random Events

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

FreexNerd

FreexNerd

• 3 posts

The airline industry is unstable as we know, but random events put the business in perall so, if somehing signifficant happened one year in the real world that changed avaiation make it happen when a game world hits that date. Also weathers issues should be happening like an airport sends the airline a message warning them of heavy snow and airports cant function in snow so the airport can tempereally close an flights from that aiport will stop making profit until it opens again. If a crash could happen then you lose an aircrft or it need maintancing and theirs a fine for the airline. Fake charitys can be set up and the airline can donate money to the charity and recieve a reputation increase!

These are just my ideas.

Mobeer

Mobeer

AE Luver

• 325 posts

User's Awards

8       2    2   
The idea of conditions changing over time I like, but these events are too short lived. If heavy snow lasts 2 weeks, this is slightly less than 5 real world hours. Though I might get a notification there is unlikely to be a chance for me to respond. Plus there is no obvious long term response to such a short term event.

Crashes have been ruled out many times; random crashes are unfair in game terms and crashes related to airline behaviour give a distasteful tradeoff for airlines to choose from.

Fake charities just sound like another version of marketing spend, which at present is either loss making in most years, or essential for any airline trying to win a best quality award.

Sorry if this comes across a bit negative - I do want events, just long term ones that I can respond to.

tom1523

tom1523

AE Player

• 37 posts

User's Awards

3    6    2      

How about historical issues? like FAA fixes or checks on a certain type of aircraft? like the 737 200 ruder checks and fix. or equipment instilations?

SWMcCaig

SWMcCaig

AE Know It All

• 142 posts

With the shortened time scale in the worlds, I fail to see how any of this would be anything that could be controlled/planned for/responded to. Other than aircraft losses of course, and it has already been stated that this will NOT be implemented.

FIwBmaF.png

chuckmorris

chuckmorris

AE Player

• 91 posts

I like the idea that an aircraft will have issues like it did irl, such as the 787 being grounded.

andersona1

andersona1

AE Addict To-Be

• 22 posts

I think the idea of the events like the grounding of certain aircraft due to safety concerns and the weather.

I can't agree that there is no justification for the airport closure, it bears major weight. If you are flying from Anchorage to Seattle 24 times a day in the winter, you should have delays the snow fall during that time is high as well as weather issues all together. This would hurt the bottom line. While there is no way to have other aircraft "fill-in" because a weather delay or cancellation results in no performance of service for that route, we could look at having alternate planes fly for other aircraft groundings, like the 787. Say if you had 777's with the flight time available they could fill in for the 787, but the "backup" aircraft would have to be set by you at time of purchase/lease, this way it lets the computer do less thinking and calculations.

MilanM

MilanM

AE Player

• 48 posts

User's Awards

I'm not a fan of random events because this is not a game you instal on your PC, play it and then save it when you run out of free time... And when you come back, you load it and start playing where you left off... So, no to random events... ;)

post-71750-0-23324200-1494248491.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users