Spam Airlines

* * * - - 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

andersona1

andersona1

AE Addict To-Be

• 22 posts

Is there a way to ban these airlines? Some of us are actually in it to play a game that is fun and enjoyable yet, not on the verge of overdoing it and making it not fun for others because a player decides to go over do a route by adding 500% capacity to the route. Images below. I cancelled my service prior to these screenshots btw.

Banning might be extreme, but I think maybe a built in can't add more than 120% of capacity per airline. So the airline would be able to add 1200 seats when 1000 is the capacity.

Thoughts?

Attached Files

Nexus8

Nexus8

Football Wingback

• 2,389 posts

User's Awards

Its good for big  routes but bad for litttle routes :P

Edit  the 10% extra cap part

Signature%203.png

Perseco

Perseco

That guy that did some nerdy calculations once

• 180 posts

The next version of AE will have better spam protection. Until then, nothing will be done.

andersona1

andersona1

AE Addict To-Be

• 22 posts

Good to know. Its just kind of annoying that some people do this. Does it actually produce a profit for them?

Oliy.

Oliy.

You what?

• Data Collector
  • 342 posts

User's Awards

Spamming is good.

Perseco

Perseco

That guy that did some nerdy calculations once

• 180 posts

If they spam enough and use scam IFS, it absolutely does produce profit. You can just ask Oggeley, as I ran him out of New Zealand once by spamming all of his routes (after he bankrupted one of my airlines of course).

Whatever

Whatever

Degenerate | Degeneracy Enthusiast

• 845 posts
  • Skype Name:discord is better

User's Awards

What did you expect from a US route?

post-26818-0-81043200-1411418444.png

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

Lake made that airlime for the laugh. I have 2 spamlines. Anyone should be allowed to run a spa,line, but I suggested a Spam World last month to put them in. My idea is, delete any inactive airline after 4 days.

andersona1

andersona1

AE Addict To-Be

• 22 posts

Realistically an airline is not going to fly 3000 seats on a 600 seat route. The US Does have quite a bit of competition, but thats why you choose better aircraft and lower fees to gain the customers, not excessive seats.

Hawai'ian

Hawai'ian

Friendly Neighborhood Rocky

• 315 posts

What did you expect from a US route?

Exactly. Now I'm wondering why Japan is so under-served in R5.

lake

lake

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 717 posts

In all honesty the airline is just a troll airline to mess around until I come up with a better idea. If you're seriously hurt then that's too bad.

Signature.png

To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift.

Steve Prefontaine

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,341 posts

User's Awards

There is actually nothing against the rules saying you can't have a Spam Airline.

So yeah, also, if they are doing something wrong, use the Abuse report feature :)

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

I want my gays illegal and my racism married

lake

lake

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 717 posts

There is actually nothing against the rules saying you can't have a Spam Airline.

So yeah, also, if they are doing something wrong, use the Abuse report feature :)

In this case, I can confirm that the airline is following all the rules of AE. However, we probably are abusing our customers and employees. :ermm2:

Signature.png

To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift.

Steve Prefontaine

Hawai'ian

Hawai'ian

• 315 posts

shhh dont say that ;)

Don't get any ideas. OSAKA IS MY MARKET.

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

Also, spamming is good for quality airlines and for AE funding. An example being: I charge $480 Dublin - Los Angeles while providing a good service. Why? It makes route prices more realistic, although that example is unrealistic as I charge too little. And ads are put up on route pages. If you make 3 clicks on a route page on 1000 routes, like a spamline, imagine how much money is put into AE. Although server space is taken up by them.

Will101

Will101

Only Teardrops

• 1,683 posts

Well, OP's airlines are a little spammy anyway... 

zipp

zipp

POLARIS ALLIANCE #1 FAN

• 3,341 posts

User's Awards

Indeed

GcveK9y.png

f5RRaJZ.png

I want my gays illegal and my racism married

Hawai'ian

Hawai'ian

• 315 posts

Oh the irony.

Airplanepilot501

Airplanepilot501

Private Pilot

• 57 posts

It's so easy for spam airlines, there is almost no micromanagement. These spam airlines are a major problem and they brake airline empires to pieces.

1312Low-plane-landing.gif

jmOio.jpg

Hake.

Hake.

• 4,295 posts

User's Awards

I wous disagree that they brake AE to pieces. I think, ironically, they make the game more real. Think about it: without spamline we would all be chatging $700 on LHR - JFK. That isn't realistic at all. Another reason I take issue with is the computers can set inaccurate demands. As Fox said. For example, in 2007 Aer Arann flew WAT - LTN 3 times a day with a 68Y seating ATR 72. The demand based on AE figures couldn't have Bern more than 18Y. Aer Arann were quite expensive and I'll guess 150 people used it each way daily. If I try to put daily flights on this route which is entirely realistic, I will get 30% LF while charging realistic prices. See what I meam? As an AE player I know pointed out, irl you won't get a full plane 1 weekly on routes. People have to go on certain days to places.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users