- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

TorqueWrench

TorqueWrench

AE Luver

• Veteran
  • 446 posts
If you rent gates from an airport and then decided NOT to use them i think you should get a full refund.

Limit the refund to when you have assigned no aircraft and within one game month of applying for the gate...

;)

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
  • WLM ID:travelhouse007@gmail.com

Originally posted by TorqueWrench
If you rent gates from an airport and then decided NOT to use them i think you should get a full refund.

Limit the refund to when you have assigned no aircraft and within one game month of applying for the gate...

;)

Well I will get in before Nathaniel does and say this.

If you go into a Video Store and rent a movie you pay, if you hold onto it for say 3-hours and return it and want your money back, what responce you going to receive?

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
ROFL. True. ;)

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
what would be the point.. you can just do that and not loose any money in the end, and would not be a good system in the end. Why would you gain money back after you promised to use it... in the real world this would not happen and it would be a lost refund. This game is supposed to be realistic. and doing this would NOT help that part of the game out.

Just think it over again and ask yourself this: "HOW IS THIS STUPID IDEA GOOD FOR THE GAME?"

TorqueWrench

TorqueWrench

AE Luver

• Veteran
  • 446 posts
Many real world contracts have "Get Out" Clauses in them... they have time limits and restrictions, but they are there...

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
Yeah, ok. Maybe for buying a house, condo or a timeshare (I would know), but gates are a minimal expense. Get over it.

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts
Next thing you will suggest the corner store will accept your stick of chewing gum back !

(Only Used Once)

TorqueWrench

TorqueWrench

AE Luver

• Veteran
  • 446 posts
They will if its unused and i show a receipt which is why i'm saying, unused you should be able to get this cost back...

And PSA, not all airlines are as rich as yours and $120,000 is Alot of cash to me... :mad:

[Edited on 10/31/2005 by TorqueWrench]

travelhouse

travelhouse

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,066 posts

Originally posted by TorqueWrench
They will if its unused and i show a receipt which is why i'm saying, unused you should be able to get this cost back...

And PSA, not all airlines are as rich as yours and $120,000 is Alot of cash to me... :mad:

[Edited on 10/31/2005 by TorqueWrench]

Yes PSA is Extremly Rich !!!!

drv4truk

drv4truk

AE Winner

• Veteran
  • 2,273 posts
Not for long. I'll be spending my $380M soon. ;)

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
in real life they wont give back the money even if you did not use it for christs sakes.. you paid to use it .. not to not use it then get the money back, the owner of the terminal in this example would not make any money..

in the real world its use and if not.. your fault for not useing it and its a loss. just like in this game.. seriously it would make NO sense to have a refund for something you claimed you would use.. that you didnt

maybe yes somethigns do, but not when it comes to terminals where you'd agree to use them and then end up getting rid of them because you couldnt find a way to use it..

the game would be to damn redicously easy then because then you wouldnt really loose money... thats another point so just get over it and use the gates

[Edited on 11/1/2005 by Nathaniel]

AirKevin

AirKevin

Air Kevin Captain

• 929 posts
  • WLM ID:AirKevin747@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:AirKevin747
  • Yahoo ID:AirKevin747
Nathaniel, I have had it with your attitude. This is a suggestion forum, you don't need to bite peoples' heads off because you think the idea is stupid.

Torque: As they have said before, if you purchased it, you were committed to using it. No refunds for that. Also, another example would be purchasing a plane. You pay half up front and the other half when you get the plane. If you cancel an order, you don't get the cash back.

StephenM

StephenM

• 987 posts
  • WLM ID:srkm@eircom.net
Well from a newbie's perspective, every cent counts. So when they are testing out routes, they have to fork out a lot of cash relative to their DOP. So for those of us who haver large DOP's we can afford to test routes without having huge financial strain on our airlines.

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
LOL... you have had it with my attitude of saying why its not feasable obviously kevin you arent smart enough to realize that was not even close to bashing or anything, it was more informative on why it is a bad idea, i was not personally attacking anyone and this is not anything related to you... there was no offensive language or anything, but just saying why it is a bad idea.. oh leave the forums if you have had enough of me.. because i am not really doing anything wrong except stating opinions..

[edit]are you taking offense that i have to fix spelling?

AirKevin

AirKevin

Air Kevin Captain

• 929 posts
  • WLM ID:AirKevin747@yahoo.com
  • AIM Screen Name:AirKevin747
  • Yahoo ID:AirKevin747
Nathaniel, please read the last paragraph of your last post on 10/31/2005 at 20:14. Do try to tell me that saying "thats another point so just get over it" was not offensive.

Russ

Russ

Junior Birdman

• 161 posts
Maybe 1/2 price or maybe it cost 1 gate if there are multiple gates returned.

Don't think it should be a freebe. Otherwise you could game the system to block out other airlines.

And you can't rent another gate at that city for a month or two. So you don't have some one rent, return, rent, and so on with the effect that the gates never come on the market long enough for someone else to get them.

dazwalsh

dazwalsh

• 438 posts
they shouldnt give u money back as such but they shouldnt charge you at the month if you dont use it at all...i think thats a fair deal

Russ

Russ

Junior Birdman

• 161 posts

in real life they wont give back the money even if you did not use it for christs sakes.. you paid to use it .. not to not use it then get the money back, the owner of the terminal in this example would not make any money..

in the real world its use and if not.. your fault for not useing it and its a loss. just like in this game.. seriously it would make NO sense to have a refund for something you claimed you would use.. that you didnt

maybe yes somethigns do, but not when it comes to terminals where you'd agree to use them and then end up getting rid of them because you couldnt find a way to use it..

the game would be to damn redicously easy then because then you wouldnt really loose money... thats another point so just get over it and use the gates

in RL, gates are considered assets and are sold and traded like any other asset. Maybe AE should set up a used gate market like the used aircraft market.

Russ

Russ

Junior Birdman

• 161 posts

:)

What about a used gate market like the used aircraft market. Gates are assets of the airlines in RL and are sold.

737MMA

737MMA

V3 Data Guru

• 277 posts
If we do gate returns, why not aircraft returns after a few days or a month of use? Wait a second, that would be a lease, wouldn't it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users