Photo

tips on IFE and IFS

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

jheniuz

jheniuz

• 3 posts
any tips on configuring IFE and IFS? i mean, how we configure it to get maximum income + satisfaction?

QK Flight Industries

QK Flight Industries

a Wandering Guide to AE and Beyond

• 2,135 posts
There is no good configuration that gets any income from IFE/IFS. An ok one breaks even, a really good one leaves you loosing money.

16590230781_7cc5cf6013.jpg

Sig.png

AXUbLwK.png

It's really me, now. #backtoAE

channy_thegreat

channy_thegreat

AE Player

• 98 posts

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

IFS can make an airline a TON OF MONEY. I have two airlines right now. On both of them the profit on my IFS Programs roughly 1/2 to 2/3 of my profits from the routes.

On the IFS programs offer everything in amenities, and charge the most possible. In meals, offer all the options and charge the most possible. Easy money. Totally unrealistic but who cares, the passengers still eat it up. 

I even have some highly competitive routes where I charge $1 tickets and still make a profit on the route because the IFS revenue is higher than all the other costs of the flight. Even sometimes can make $50,000 a day just on $1 tickets. 

IFE is a waste, it is a cash cow. Don't do it. 

QK Flight Industries

QK Flight Industries

• 2,135 posts

Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

IFS can make an airline a TON OF MONEY. I have two airlines right now. On both of them the profit on my IFS Programs roughly 1/2 to 2/3 of my profits from the routes.

On the IFS programs offer everything in amenities, and charge the most possible. In meals, offer all the options and charge the most possible. Easy money. Totally unrealistic but who cares, the passengers still eat it up. 

I even have some highly competitive routes where I charge $1 tickets and still make a profit on the route because the IFS revenue is higher than all the other costs of the flight. Even sometimes can make $50,000 a day just on $1 tickets. 

IFE is a waste, it is a cash cow. Don't do it. 

ScamIFS, anyone? That is an excellent way to get your competitors the hate you.

Sig.png

AXUbLwK.png

channy_thegreat

channy_thegreat

AE Player

• 98 posts

Yeah it's a scam IFE. But completely within the rules of the game. 

ScamIFS, anyone? That is an excellent way to get your competitors the hate you.

This is surely joke. Is this real life?  What the.... makes you think I care what my competitors think of me. Its  a GAME, and we all have the same options, so instead of seizing them I should just hold my route competitors hands'? Your braindead

QK Flight Industries

QK Flight Industries

• 2,135 posts

This is surely joke. Is this real life?  What the.... makes you think I care what my competitors think of me. Its  a GAME, and we all have the same options, so instead of seizing them I should just hold my route competitors hands'? Your braindead

No, I'm not brain dead. I'd rather have an IFE/IFS system that works well without breaking their wallet. That would actually make me want to fly with them again. That is how I define a good IFE or IFS. He asked for a good system, I gave him my response. Telling me I'm braindead 6 times is an excellent way to show how shortsighted you are.

Also, just ask any of the more active members on this site about your technique. You'll find you're in the minority. Sure, it's within the rules of the game, but it doesn't mean that it's the right (or only) way to play.

Sig.png

AXUbLwK.png

2ndAcr

2ndAcr

AE Know It All

• 246 posts

User's Awards

7    2      

Wow, someone who admits taking ticket prices to 1 dollar. That really is a good way to paint a bulls eye on your airline.

channy_thegreat

channy_thegreat

AE Player

• 98 posts

Wow, someone who admits taking ticket prices to 1 dollar. That really is a good way to paint a bulls eye on your airline.

Go ahead, I can price any route $1 and still make a month over month profit. So attack away?

striker

striker

AE Player

• 40 posts

O_O XD But seriously, Ive never taken an airline far enough in a game to worry about this.  :D

ar157

ar157

Resident Australian Arnimal

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

Surely you're a joke, you posted the very post i quoted above 5 times. In your time on ae, you've posted 27 times. So nearly 20% of your posts on ae are the exact same thing.  Also, what's the point of going all out scam, spam and basically spoiling the game for others. The way you play the game is pretty selfish. You benefit and have fun i assume, but you've just spoiled the game for hundreds of other players.

channy_thegreat

channy_thegreat

AE Player

• 98 posts

Im not spoiling the game for others. I offer a IFS package, which is very expensive. This hurts my route reputation and allows others with premium IFS to take market share on the route. They use this market share to make a profit while my profit is derived from IFS so low load factors and yields are not of much concern. Differing Strategies, it's life. Now only if you crybabies would get of your high horses and realize this is a game and i am able and exercise the ability to play the game and manage my airline how I chose. 

:wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry: 

Bye Bye Crybaby! 

Will101

Will101

Only Teardrops

• 1,683 posts

Im not spoiling the game for others. I offer a IFS package, which is very expensive. This hurts my route reputation and allows others with premium IFS to take market share on the route. They use this market share to make a profit while my profit is derived from IFS so low load factors and yields are not of much concern. Differing Strategies, it's life. Now only if you crybabies would get of your high horses and realize this is a game and i am able and exercise the ability to play the game and manage my airline how I chose. 

:wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:  :wavecry:

Bye Bye Crybaby! 

That was needed at all was it. In future learn to cut down your emoticon spam by at least 96% and learn that other people have different ways of spoiling playing the game.

QK Flight Industries

QK Flight Industries

• 2,135 posts

Bye Bye Crybaby! 

I would be willing to do that if you didn't so obviously troll/spam in this post.

Also, perhaps we should take a look at reputation v. cost for IFS again... if someone can still get a 4* IFS by charging $75 a meal and $15 for some peanuts, that's a bit of an :ermm: ,  no?

Sig.png

AXUbLwK.png

Nexus8

Nexus8

Football Wingback

• 2,389 posts

User's Awards

Bye Bye Crybaby! 

Your leaving the game...Ok sounds good see ya. :wave: I will hold the exit door open for you because I am just a good person.

Signature%203.png

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

what is this I don't even

Administrator of UnitedSkies alliance

and also a member of some other ones, but they're 2vip4u

channy_thegreat

channy_thegreat

AE Player

• 98 posts

what is this I don't even

People trying to play bully on the playground. And by playground I mean the internet. After they get home from their school, where they played on the actual playground and bullied the cute girl in class because they had a crush on her. They're pathetic, really. 

QK Flight Industries

QK Flight Industries

• 2,135 posts

People trying to play bully on the playground. And by playground I mean the internet. After they get home from their school, where they played on the actual playground and bullied the cute girl in class because they had a crush on her. They're pathetic, really. 

Correction: we're not the ones bullying. You are the one degrading and escalating this argument to the next level. The majority of AE (as far as I know) doesn't care for bilking its pax to death, and you are the one screaming bloody murder because a few of us actually stated that. -_-

Sig.png

AXUbLwK.png

daytonanerd

daytonanerd

AE Addict To-Be

• 23 posts
I actually make money on IFS. Without scamming it. My IFS for R5 on AWA has the best food(level 5) and here are the prices: $45 for breakfast. $55 for lunch, and $65 for dinner. Makes a good profit. Also, I forget the prices on headphones and newspapers, but the ones that you can make free so that they keep them there, I do that.

QK Flight Industries

QK Flight Industries

• 2,135 posts

I actually make money on IFS. Without scamming it. My IFS for R5 on AWA has the best food(level 5) and here are the prices: $45 for breakfast. $55 for lunch, and $65 for dinner. Makes a good profit. Also, I forget the prices on headphones and newspapers, but the ones that you can make free so that they keep them there, I do that.

Let me ask a quick question, daytona: have you ever seen an airline charge you $45 for a meal? This is where some people draw the line between scam and IFS, when you start charging a laughable amount for services and food.

Sig.png

AXUbLwK.png

daytonanerd

daytonanerd

AE Addict To-Be

• 23 posts

Let me ask a quick question, daytona: have you ever seen an airline charge you $45 for a meal? This is where some people draw the line between scam and IFS, when you start charging a laughable amount for services and food.

That depends. You have never been charged for 5 star food in economy because they don't have 5 star food in economy. They have 1-2 star food, or maybe 3 at the very most. My food is basically first class celebrity chef Emirates food delivered to economy class, without having to buy a fist class suite. I think it is reasonable to charge that amount if the food is the very best food.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users