Photo

El Cobrador's Liveries

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

El Cobrador

El Cobrador

AE Know It All

• 146 posts
I have have finally reached a skill level where I feel reasonably comfortable showing my liveries here (although I am still learning). I do not have the time to be a full-time designer, although I might accept a job from time to time if it interests me and seems to be within my capabilities.

Here are the first two liveries of mine that I think are reasonably worthy of the showcase. The first is a DC-9-10, decorated for the late 1960s/early 1970s. The second is a B733 for my current airline in R5.

(Click on them, they look much better bigger.)

Attached Files

ar157

ar157

Resident Australian Arnimal

• 1,476 posts

User's Awards

whats with the section under the cockpit in the first livery if you know what i mean :S the black bit..theres some that appears to be coming "off" the a/c

El Cobrador

El Cobrador

AE Know It All

• 146 posts

whats with the section under the cockpit in the first livery if you know what i mean :S the black bit..theres some that appears to be coming "off" the a/c

I'm not sure, but the Jetabout template has it.

El Cobrador

El Cobrador

AE Know It All

• 146 posts

Not bad at all. Bonus points for self-made shading. :P

That's the only kind I know! ;)

El Cobrador

El Cobrador

AE Know It All

• 146 posts
Regarding my livery choices, I study what the different airlines were using in a given era, then try to come up with something convincing. Sometimes, simpler works better.

El Cobrador

El Cobrador

AE Know It All

• 146 posts
FlyUS B733 and B734

I just became aware of an airline in Grand Theft Auto which uses the same name and a remarkably similar logo. Having never played the game, it was news to me!

Attached Files

El Cobrador

El Cobrador

AE Know It All

• 146 posts
B752 in response to a livery request:

Attached Files

Nexus8

Nexus8

Football Wingback

• 2,389 posts

User's Awards

I like it clean and simple

Signature%203.png

Ioh

Ioh

Baaauussss

• 1,649 posts

I second that.

ADWAM.png

El Cobrador

El Cobrador

AE Know It All

• 146 posts

I second that.

Thanks! Sometimes less is more.

Speed Bird

Speed Bird

AE Addict

• 866 posts

User's Awards

Clean and simple? You having a laugh?

Eurowhite is clean. Having a bright blue belly which continues almost up to the windows only to be interrupted by a terribly garish yellow stripe is the absolute opposite of clean. The thing's about as dated as woodchip wallpaper.

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts
He never specified "clean and simple circa 2010". I feel it's clean and simple in the context of the Clinton Administration.

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

Speed Bird

Speed Bird

AE Addict

• 866 posts

User's Awards

Simple, I'll give you that, but clean is white, regardless of the era.

Ioh

Ioh

Baaauussss

• 1,649 posts

Simple, I'll give you that, but clean is white, regardless of the era.

I see clean as not cluttered, bright, I agree, but I see it as clean and simple, not too much going on.

ADWAM.png

Nexus8

Nexus8

Football Wingback

• 2,389 posts

User's Awards

I see clean as not cluttered, bright, I agree, but I see it as clean and simple, not too much going on.

I agree with you for one interprutation and another is a basic design that the colors work. It is a very common design that he change the colors on.

Signature%203.png

El Cobrador

El Cobrador

AE Know It All

• 146 posts

Clean and simple? You having a laugh?

Eurowhite is clean. Having a bright blue belly which continues almost up to the windows only to be interrupted by a terribly garish yellow stripe is the absolute opposite of clean. The thing's about as dated as woodchip wallpaper.

We're not exactly known for our tact or our social graces, are we? I guess it means I've made it when Speed Bird insults me. I gave the customer the combination of colors he asked for and he liked the livery. That's what counts to me.

Thank you to all the others for the favorable--and constructive--comments!

I'm just beginning to master GIMP and still consider myself an amateur. I feel like I'm getting a little better with each livery. I look at what the various airlines were doing with their liveries during the era that I want to represent on a particular plane and try to make something that looks convincing for that era. White seems to be a common denominator for many of the recent eras. I try (hopefully somewhat successfully) to be convincing, not necessarily ground-breaking. And I'm definitely not trying to compete with the other designers by out-doing them and going more over the top with every livery. I just try to make my liveries believable.

Speed Bird

Speed Bird

AE Addict

• 866 posts

User's Awards

I guess it means I've made it when Speed Bird insults me.

You're on my 'half decent' list, if that counts as having 'made it'.

Nexus8

Nexus8

Football Wingback

• 2,389 posts

User's Awards

Thinks speed needs to be quiet

Signature%203.png

Speed Bird

Speed Bird

AE Addict

• 866 posts

User's Awards

You would, people dislike my style...

Unky

Unky

Tinworkx, Redesigning Entertaining.

• 210 posts
Alright. Nexus7, Speed Bird was straight to the point and got his message across. I personally love it when people give me complete reviews of my work good or bad. Its better than "oh that's good :) " even when it's crap . AE needs someone to do that because if someone doesn't get to the point, AE liveries will never get better...

So quit with the Anti-Speed Bird, he gave a decent review that the designer can work off of...

And, no this comment should not start an argument :P

-Unknown

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users