What's the best way to handle a jerk?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

NYCFlyer

NYCFlyer

Experienced Player

• 40 posts

User's Awards

My airline is struggling right now because a fellow player is personally attacking my airline because I asked him/er to stay off my hub-to-hub routes. They refused, and now are attacking my airline viciously. Any tips on how to handle this? restructuring is not an option because they are opening EVERY one of my routes! I need help and I have come here to try to get it.

bigbadcrusher

bigbadcrusher

AE Player

• 71 posts
That's, unfortunately, a premise of the game to some people. If someone smaller than them is in the same route they're on, and they feel that person is threatening their airline, they'll take the "killshot". The best way to handle it is, unfortunately, create a base at a smaller airport away from them, and break back into the routes once you have the money and muscle to reclaim the routes. I've had the same thing happen to me before, and eventually bankrupted because I couldn't survive wih only a few planes.

Superman

Superman

Data Collector

• Data Collector
  • 1,507 posts

User's Awards

2    3   
who is this player?

NYCFlyer

NYCFlyer

Experienced Player

• 40 posts

User's Awards

I'll message you. I really don't want to start any fights by posting it here.

NYCFlyer

NYCFlyer

Experienced Player

• 40 posts

User's Awards

That's, unfortunately, a premise of the game to some people. If someone smaller than them is in the same route they're on, and they feel that person is threatening their airline, they'll take the "killshot". The best way to handle it is, unfortunately, create a base at a smaller airport away from them, and break back into the routes once you have the money and muscle to reclaim the routes. I've had the same thing happen to me before, and eventually bankrupted because I couldn't survive wih only a few planes.

I did at several airports.The problem is that, as soon as I open a base, they open a base there, too. It's like they check my airline often to see my activity, and then copy it!

lshlarson

lshlarson

#1 Railfan

• 928 posts
No one has to listen to your requests to not compete with them. It's called competition and is one of the core values of the game..
Posted Image

NYCFlyer

NYCFlyer

Experienced Player

• 40 posts

User's Awards

\
Competition crossees the line when it is relentless.

THis happened to Andrei back in the day , by another well known member. Not to this level, but as you can tell, Andrei left because of tht and others bullying...

Exactly. I can't just restructure my route network like everybody is saying, becauce this guy (or girl, I don't know), has taken it personally and opens routes as I open them. He has hubs all over the place, and none of my hubs, except for one, untill this, now all of my hubs are his, too.

For example, I run a daily CR2 from IAD to FRG. I had NO competition at FRG at all until today, when suddenly,"coincidentally, he now runs three-weekyl 757-200s on the same route. You think that's a coincidence? I think not.

I know he doesn't have to heed to my requests, even though it was only for five routes out his hundreds, but this is not just not accepting my request. This is him thinking he is entitled to my demise because I want to coexist.

QF1

QF1

• 1 posts
waterboy, If you are refering to embarkjet in R4 I can understand how annoying this must be but I wouldn't go accusing anyone since you are saturating many of my hub to hub routes for e.g IAD-FLL and other routes from my hubs. Even though my airline is much smaller compared to yours it is still very frustrating as i struggle to make a profit.

Superman

Superman

Data Collector

• Data Collector
  • 1,507 posts

User's Awards

2    3   
IAD-FRG have only 23 pax demand and he flooded it with 3x 757 XD so yea he is killing you XD

NYCFlyer

NYCFlyer

Experienced Player

• 40 posts

User's Awards

waterboy, If you are refering to embarkjet in R4 I can understand how annoying this must be but I wouldn't go accusing anyone since you are saturating many of my hub to hub routes for e.g IAD-FLL and other routes from my hubs. Even though my airline is much smaller compared to yours it is still very frustrating as i struggle to make a profit.

Oh, I'm sorry. If you wan,t since I'm not making a profit on the route anymore, I'll cut it. Any other hub-to-hub routes that I'm on? I'll cut them so you can have them back.

NYCFlyer

NYCFlyer

Experienced Player

• 40 posts

User's Awards

QF1, I cut the ruote. I'm sorry I flooded you on it because I really try to be considerate about that kinda stuff. Anything else you need, let me know.

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

Competition happens. Deal with it. If they're bigger than you, you've got little choice but to leave to another country.

THis happened to Andrei back in the day , by another well known member. Not to this level, but as you can tell, Andrei left because of tht and others bullying...

My sources indicate that Andrei's still here.

Administrator of UnitedSkies alliance

and also a member of some other ones, but they're 2vip4u

NYCFlyer

NYCFlyer

Experienced Player

• 40 posts

User's Awards

Competition happens. Deal with it. If they're bigger than you, you've got little choice but to leave to another country.

This is not normal competition, though. This is somebody trying to get back at me for something. And, I don't know what game you're playing, but in America, you can't just up and go to another country. If your HQ is listed as in America, you are an American airline and cannot run it another country.

Speed Bird

Speed Bird

AE Addict

• 866 posts

User's Awards

I think you'll find it is normal competition - it's normal to me at least. Quite an effective way of keeping someone out of your own turf.

Kirkland

Kirkland

AE King

• 1,504 posts
Just to make note, I often kindly or so warn members before they enter my hub, or recommend an unknown city like Portland or Columbus to feed their interests.

nWcLJH0.png

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

This is not normal competition, though. This is somebody trying to get back at me for something. And, I don't know what game you're playing, but in America, you can't just up and go to another country. If your HQ is listed as in America, you are an American airline and cannot run it another country.

Indeed. And they have every right to do such a thing. There are many airlines in real life that will hold a grudge against another particular airline, and will, where possible, attempt to destroy them.
I'm playing AE, just like you. I'm implying that if your carrier is forced into bankruptcy, another country may be your only choice.

Also fun might be to just repeatedly change the name and branding. They'll find out eventually, but it'll confuse em for a while.

Administrator of UnitedSkies alliance

and also a member of some other ones, but they're 2vip4u

adityapratama

adityapratama

Indonesian Sub-Forum Moderator

• 1,067 posts

Who the hell is Andrei? :|

Globe Alliance Leader

R1RDz7e.jpg

adityapratama

adityapratama

• 1,067 posts

Who the hell is Andrei? :|

Globe Alliance Leader

R1RDz7e.jpg

adityapratama

adityapratama

• 1,067 posts
Ooh yeah I think I know Aerorus :P

Globe Alliance Leader

R1RDz7e.jpg

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

I think you'll find it is normal competition - it's normal to me at least. Quite an effective way of keeping someone out of your own turf.

There's a large difference between "keeping someone out of your turf" and invading every new route and hub an airline starts anywhere in the country that have nothing to do with the "predator" airline.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users