Photo

Chick Fil A

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

Zmapper

Zmapper

1500-some days left...

• 437 posts
Who else went to Chick Fil A August 1st? I went to my local store at about 2pm, and it took me 40 minutes to get a chicken sandwich.

In line, I saw whites, I saw blacks. I saw men and women. I saw the old and the young. I saw the rich and the poor. I saw the married and the single. I saw Christians, Atheists, Jews, gay and straight. I saw liberals, I saw conservatives.

But most importantly, I saw Americans. I saw Americans in support of Chick-Fil-A's right to have their positions and morals. I saw Americans angered with the arrogance of the mayors of Chicago and Boston attempting to force their will upon the citizenry. I saw Americans willing to stand in line for possibly hours in silent protest, in support of their liberties. I saw Americans vote with their minds, feet, and wallet. Above all, I saw Americans stand in line for a good chicken sandwich, waffle fries, and a sweet tea.

There goes CRAZY uncle Ron, BABBLING about the unsustainablity of multiple WARS. -Jon Stewart
Posted Image

Bilal

Bilal

Former Governor of Lostiana

• 324 posts
Yummy Chick-Fil-A :awesome:

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts
All I'm going to say is that I believe that the anti-gay rights people aren't on the favourable side of history :whistling:

Also, how can you tell if somebody is liberal, conservative, of any particular religion, or whether or not they are rich or poor...

please don't kill us we're just the aquabats

The Best Discord Server

un1

un1

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 1,187 posts

User's Awards

2    3         

Also, how can you tell if somebody is liberal, conservative, of any particular religion, or whether or not they are rich or poor...

You brought up a good point here. :P

Having never been to a Chick Fil A restaurant before, and barely hearing about it before now I was and am strongly against what they have done. While it's a nice exercise of rights, I feel that it is pushing the limits of what is socially acceptable (well, at least in most other western nations) and stops any social progress. If anything, it helps to push the US even more divided between the conservative south and the liberal north.

R6 - NSW Airlines

lake

lake

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 717 posts

You brought up a good point here. :P

Having never been to a Chick Fil A restaurant before, and barely hearing about it before now I was and am strongly against what they have done. While it's a nice exercise of rights, I feel that it is pushing the limits of what is socially acceptable (well, at least in most other western nations) and stops any social progress. If anything, it helps to push the US even more divided between the conservative south and the liberal north.

It's not like they just came out of no where and said this though. Chick-fil-a is well known (and respected) for being a Christian company. For example, they're closed on Sunday. And, their CEO has said this before. This is America... I can say anything I want and so can he.

Signature.png

To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice the gift.

Steve Prefontaine

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts
I hadn't heard of Chick-a-fil (really crappy name) until all this came about. My position is as per usual when people make a show in force of "anti-gay" support. Its a shame that moral people allow this to happen. Sure it's all under the free-speech and what not but in the 21st century seeing people in force with a will to deny human rights is a sickening thing. America has done it before with blacks and now they look stupid for it. I see the same thing happening. Its just a shame that they cannot learn from the past.

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts
Also by definition you cannot be liberal and support anti-gay movements :P

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts

but yeah, we do all have the freedom to say as we want; but I feel like america is going backwards in time lately..

That may be all well and tru, but when does free speech cross into the lines of hate speech? (obviously in this case its actions rather than speech)

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts
Also, the claim that America is a "Christian nation" is a flat out lie, regardless of what the magic TV box says.

The Best Discord Server

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts

Also, the claim that America is a "Christian nation" is a flat out lie, regardless of what the magic TV box says.

I always find this hilarious. Seeming as America was actually founded on escaping religious persecution in the British Empire.

Brando

Brando

• 499 posts
The boycott they called for really backfired on them, they just made Chick Fil A RICH as hell

lshlarson

lshlarson

#1 Railfan

• 928 posts

The boycott they called for really backfired on them, they just made Chick Fil A RICH as hell

It wasn't meant to make CFA poor so much as it was to raise awareness that CFA/Dan Cathy donates exorbitant sums of money to groups which support and encourage anti-LGBT bullying.
CFA is taking the idea of free speech to far as have other extreme-right, extreme-Christian organisations like the Westboro Baptists. I support the idea of free speech and freedom in general in the USA but I think in so many ways we have gone too far with what we feel at liberty to do.
I have no problem with people or corporations who don't agree with me politically - but I have a problem with people or corporations (CFA in this case) who are prejudiced to hate others based on any "preexisting" quality such as race, gender, or sexual orientation.
Posted Image

SirMoo

SirMoo

Rawr?

• 497 posts
I think you all know my stance on homosexuality... If you don't. ... ... Yeah...

My problem is not that Chick-Fil-A is against gay-marriage, it's that they support legislative that goes against it. It's one thing to say "No homo" but it's another to actively support anti-gay law. If the owner was funding anti-gay things, thats fine, but for the company to actually be doing that... I'd rather not support them in that case.

I last ate Chick-Fil-A 10 or so years ago. The day I went vegetarian my nanny-like-person brought me food to school... I ended up staring at it for the hour then handing it to some other kid right as lunch was over. :) I never ate meat again.

Americans seem to think that marriage is a holy union between a man, woman, and god... Dear Americans, this may be the case if you're from the UK or Iran... But not in the US where it's a union between to people and the STATE they live in then approved by the United States Government. There is NO god involved unless you pretend he is. Marriage should be open to gays because there is nothing biblical about it when it comes to you and the state. If you feel you need god involved, go to your ****ing church and don't sign the marriage licenses because you've made it about you and the state, not god.

Face the facts, America is a nation where people are made to be equal despite what they personally believe. When you look at the back of money and it says "In God We Trust" that is the Christian god as much as it is the Islamic, any of the number of Hindu ones and what ever else god you want to imply. The idea was for a generic god. Freedom religion was founded so no one religion would be bigger than any other in terms of legal power. To make a law based on your religion is Anti-American and you should be hung. :)

QK Flight Industries

QK Flight Industries

a Wandering Guide to AE and Beyond

• 2,135 posts

I always find this hilarious. Seeming as America was actually founded on escaping religious persecution in the British Empire.

:highfive: Excellent point. America's founding fathers were influenced by protestant values, part of the reason we have all this freedom is that they understood what it was like to be persecuted and wanted to ensure that there would be a fair chance for people of all religions and beliefs.

16590230781_7cc5cf6013.jpg

Sig.png

AXUbLwK.png

It's really me, now. #backtoAE

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts
Posted Image

A little inspirational thing I found on Reddit today...

The Best Discord Server

lake

lake

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 717 posts
But he has the right to have free speech. I'm fine with gay marriage but all the sh** he's getting for saying his free speech is ridiculous. If you don't support Chick-fil-a then don't go. If you do then go. Just leave the franchises alone. They didn't say anything.

Signature.png

Steve Prefontaine

un1

un1

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 1,187 posts

User's Awards

2    3         

A little inspirational thing I found on Reddit today...

Love it. :P

Anyways, found this on BBC today. Chick-fil-A facing gay kiss-in protest

Nice to see some retaliation, although I'm sure this comes at no surprise. If only this was in the deep south, then I would be surprised. :P

R6 - NSW Airlines

lake

lake

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 717 posts

Having said that, just for that horrific name they should be protested and blocked from every city.

When a Chick-fil-a comes to town that is all everyone talks about for months. Trust me, when our town that I used to live in got one there was a line out the door every day for weeks. Even after the newness died down people still flocked from miles to visit the only Chick-fil-a in the area. Everyone loves their food. It's just that not everyone agrees with their Christian views. Chick-fil-a by far is the best fast food chain in America. Their fries are to die for and so is their lemonade. And of course their chicken is good. :P AMERICA COULD NOT LIVE WITHOUT CHICK-FIL-A! Anyways, I think the company is handling this very well as a whole and I think that within a week or two everyone will forget about this and Chick-fil-a will continue on it's merry way of being one of the fastest growing chains in the world.

Signature.png

Steve Prefontaine

lake

lake

OMGZ I LUUUUV AE!!!

• 717 posts

Also, if its so nice, being shut on sunday must be a real pain in the neck for... everyone?

Americans are smart enough to put Sunday with Chick-fil-a being closed. :P Actually though, many major chains are closed on Sunday. Hobby Lobby, some IKEA's, and a lot of liquor stores to name a few.

Signature.png

Steve Prefontaine

Stevphfeniey

Stevphfeniey

Bad m*****f*****

• 4,249 posts
My local liquor store isn't closed on Sunday :P

The Best Discord Server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users