R4

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

SwedishAirlines

SwedishAirlines

reevilo

• 7 posts
Hi there!

I have some questions regarding the maintenance expenses for the different aircrafts. I have a really small airline with two B737-300 but the maintenance cost isn't that high. I am now looking for buying a new plane and was thinking of either the B737-600/800 or the Airbus A320.

To the question -> Will there be another base cost for the B737-600/800 in addition to the one i already have? If yes, is there then any financial advantages with sticking to the Boeing 737-600/800 compared to use the Airbus A320 (in maintenance costs).

Thanks!
Posted Image

pseudoswede

pseudoswede

Play to win.

• 403 posts

User's Awards

5    3      
The 737NG family will have a higher maintenance base cost compared to the A320.

But, in reality, you should buy a few more 733s before purchasing aircraft from another family.

SwedishAirlines

SwedishAirlines

reevilo

• 7 posts

The 737NG family will have a higher maintenance base cost compared to the A320.

But, in reality, you should buy a few more 733s before purchasing aircraft from another family.

Thanks for the answer. As buying the 733s used is the only way, is it a good idea to lease it for like 10 years or should i buy one?
Posted Image

pseudoswede

pseudoswede

Play to win.

• 403 posts

User's Awards

5    3      
Since you're just starting out, I'd probably recommend leasing for 10 years (and buying from the lessor when you have plenty of cash--hopefully within 10 years).

SwedishAirlines

SwedishAirlines

reevilo

• 7 posts
ATM i own 4 733s at my airline and the demand for short-haul flights in europe from my hub is starting to disappear. I am thinking of leasing a used 757-200 for longer flights able to carry more pax at the same time. But my question is, how high is the base cost for maintenance for the 757-200 (around 13 years old)?

Maybe i should lease more 733s first but the demand is low and I dont know if it is the best idea atm.
Posted Image

adityapratama

adityapratama

Indonesian Sub-Forum Moderator

• 1,067 posts
Maintenance cost for aircraft that is more than 12 years old will be pretty much high. Usually I will change my aircraft between the age of 10 - 15 years. If you can find something younger, that would be much better ;)

Globe Alliance Leader

R1RDz7e.jpg

SwedishAirlines

SwedishAirlines

reevilo

• 7 posts
Okay, thanks for the answer.

Does anyone know the differences in the (base) maintenance costs between the Airbus A300-600R, Boeing 757-200 and the Boeing 767-200?

Thanks!!
Posted Image

Pineair

Pineair

AE Luver

• 474 posts

User's Awards

10    16    12       9   
would be a good idea if there was a list showing base maintenance costs for each aircraft family.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: R4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users