Photo

Hub vs. Terminal

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

tarheel668

tarheel668

• 4 posts
Found what I was looking for on the WIKI - Disregard

I need a bit of help on understand the "Why" of both.

If I build a terminal I can offset the cost by leasing gates. I understand that. Are there any other benefits?

If I build a hub, I am not quite sure of the benefits.

Any help would be appreciated

sputnik23

sputnik23

back

• 298 posts
If you make a terminal,, You get more gates. If you have a hub, you get less gates.
asdf gh jkl;

2ndAcr

2ndAcr

AE Know It All

• 246 posts

User's Awards

7    2      
Hub allows you to get connecting pax to fill out your planes better. They are shown by any blue on your load bars. You can still get them without a HUB, but HUB makes it much better. I have had entire planes show 100% on my route screen yet be making 20-30,000 instead of the 150,000 plus due to being filled with all connecting pax. They pay 1/2 price instead of full price.

Plus, any alliance members flying into your HUB or you into a members HUB can all gain from connecting pax.

Terminals are your primary goal. Saves massive amounts of money, adds to your value, and in realistic worlds, allows you to go over 10 gates.

Ioh

Ioh

Baaauussss

• 1,649 posts

If you make a terminal,, You get more gates. If you have a hub, you get less gates.

Hub doesnt make you get less gates :|

Terminal - More gates, lower monthly gate costs.
Hub - Connecting pax, half price paying pax.

The two cant really be compared, there too different things.

ADWAM.png

tarheel668

tarheel668

• 4 posts
Thank you all - I built a HUB at LHR and about passed out when I received the double charge on my gates. I am going to hang tough till I get enough cash for a Terminal as the HUB termination fee is $17 million

BritAbroad

BritAbroad

Moderator and Data Collector

• Data Manager
  • 1,677 posts
I find that hubs are extremely beneficial when you get larger - the connecting passengers are very useful for filling empty seats!

sagsmall.png

akgrown80

akgrown80

• 7 posts
thats for lazy ceo !!! u can keep ur seats full just keep price low and keep customers happy and they shall come!

I find that hubs are extremely beneficial when you get larger - the connecting passengers are very useful for filling empty seats!

Wyldon

Wyldon

AE Player

• 49 posts

Thank you all - I built a HUB at LHR and about passed out when I received the double charge on my gates...

:lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users