R2

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Gardemus

Gardemus

AE Player

• 32 posts
Hi everyone.

I'm not sure this is the right place to post this so feel free to move or delete.
I'm currently playing in R2 and realized the pax figures for PHX (phoenix sky harbor) are way off. The current passenger numbers for PHX in the game are 20,213,897 while the real number is 40,591,948 (official figures for 2011). The mistake was using the number of passenger boardings from Wikipedia (notice it's exactly the same number). This number only accounts for passenger boardings and doesn't include passengers arriving at the airport so it is only roughly half of the total volume (40,591,948 according to the FAA)

http://en.wikipedia....ational_Airport

Could this be fixed? There might also be other airports with the same problem, this was the only one I noticed
Thanks in advance for your feedback
Posted Image

QK Flight Industries

QK Flight Industries

a Wandering Guide to AE and Beyond

• 2,135 posts
Got another source other than Wiki? Wiki isn't accepted for data on AE.

16590230781_7cc5cf6013.jpg

Sig.png

AXUbLwK.png

It's really me, now. #backtoAE

Gardemus

Gardemus

AE Player

• 32 posts

Got another source other than Wiki? Wiki isn't accepted for data on AE.

Fair point. Nonetheless enplanements only accounts for the number of pax the boarded a plane at the airport. Given that most passengers travel on a return ticket this number should be very close to half of the total passenger that went through the airport. But here are the figures from the airport's oficial site: http://www.phxskyhar...rportStats.html
These should be more "believable" :salute:
Posted Image

Moldova96

Moldova96

AE Winner

• AE Moderator / Data Collector
  • 2,024 posts
Figures have been fixed.

eu30cUI.png

BritAbroad

BritAbroad

Moderator and Data Collector

• Data Manager
  • 1,677 posts
The problem with US airports is that there was some confusion over emplanements and total passengers.

The FAA is the only authority in the world that widely publishes emplanements, so a few of us on the staff mistook their data for total passengers.
The wiki pages for US airports tend to quote the FAA tables, hence the confusion.

sagsmall.png

Gardemus

Gardemus

AE Player

• 32 posts

The problem with US airports is that there was some confusion over emplanements and total passengers.

The FAA is the only authority in the world that widely publishes emplanements, so a few of us on the staff mistook their data for total passengers.
The wiki pages for US airports tend to quote the FAA tables, hence the confusion.

No problem, I understood the mistake that's why I mentioned it. It's an honest mistake, I used to make this mistake myself. Thank you for the quick response!

Wish y'all happy flying!
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: R2

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users