Route Reputation

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

X-Wing @Aliciousness

X-Wing @Aliciousness

I think you'll like them!

• 1,760 posts
How exactly is this calculated?

Agrejet has a 5* IFE; 5*, 4* and 3* IFS in first, business and economy, respectively; and legroom rating in the 70s-80s. On time performance is decent, and frequency is high on most routes. but my airlines overall route rating is in the 50s and declining over time? why is this?
and how exactly is on time performance calculated? my aircraft have an average daily utilization of about 17 hours, what is needed to max this rating?

UbxSbIt.png

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

How exactly is this calculated?

Agrejet has a 5* IFE; 5*, 4* and 3* IFS in first, business and economy, respectively; and legroom rating in the 70s-80s. On time performance is decent, and frequency is high on most routes. but my airlines overall route rating is in the 50s and declining over time? why is this?
and how exactly is on time performance calculated? my aircraft have an average daily utilization of about 17 hours, what is needed to max this rating?

To max the on-time rating, you'll need to lower aircraft utilization. Overall route rating depends on the bars at the bottom (on-time performance, frequency, legroom, how long you've been flying the route, and IFS) and is a weighted average among your routes, so the more passengers on a route the more effect that route has on your overall route reputation.

AsiaPacific

AsiaPacific

AE Player

• 54 posts
so Yuxi, if my reputation > opponent's reputation, does that mean I get more percentage of the passengers if the demand has been reached? please advise.

Delta787

Delta787

Delta787

• 92 posts
Yeah that's what I want to know to especially when it comes to the passengers daily seat demand graph when you research a route. Should you just ignore and throw your hat into the ring on that route and hope for the best and end up with a good reputation or what? PLEASE, give us some guidance on this. :D

Kelvie Smith
A&P Mechanic
Flight Sim Enthusiast

Posted ImagePosted Image

Phoenix J. Ryder

Phoenix J. Ryder

Official AE Troll

• 71 posts
yeah, could use some guidance on that as well. another thing is how do 'passengers' choose their preferred airlines? Is it by reputation, price, legroom, performance, IFE/IFS? which one weighs more?

Posted Image

Yuxi

Yuxi

AE Developer

• AE Developer
  • 4,365 posts

so Yuxi, if my reputation > opponent's reputation, does that mean I get more percentage of the passengers if the demand has been reached? please advise.

If the supply is greater than demand and you have the same price as your competitors, the one who has higher reputation gets more passengers.

Yeah that's what I want to know to especially when it comes to the passengers daily seat demand graph when you research a route. Should you just ignore and throw your hat into the ring on that route and hope for the best and end up with a good reputation or what? PLEASE, give us some guidance on this. :D

For route reputation: frequency is the most important, followed by legroom, then the rest (how long you've been on the route, airline reputation, IFE/IFE, on-time performance, etc) are pretty equal. :)

yeah, could use some guidance on that as well. another thing is how do 'passengers' choose their preferred airlines? Is it by reputation, price, legroom, performance, IFE/IFS? which one weighs more?

Price, then reputation as broken down above. ~20% do favor frequency over price (within reasonable limits), so those two are both important (compared to the rest).

AsiaPacific

AsiaPacific

AE Player

• 54 posts
thank you yuxi

samedx

samedx

• 9 posts
nice thread
Posted Image

Delta787

Delta787

Delta787

• 92 posts
Thanks Yuxi. That helps out a lot. You answered a lot of my questions. :thumbsup:

Kelvie Smith
A&P Mechanic
Flight Sim Enthusiast

Posted ImagePosted Image

LVI56

LVI56

AE Addict To-Be

• 13 posts
Ah, I understand much better now!

Sheepy

Sheepy

N/A

• 1,935 posts

User's Awards

Frequency being the most important?
I see some issues with that.
Frequency is often the more important factor in the American market, where there is enough demand to run 200 billion daily flights.
However most of AE is not the United States, so on long routes with 24 demand, residents would be happy with a twice weekly service. (Especially true on flights to the pacific islands), and on most long haul routes, a daily service is more than sufficient. Currently, the frequency levels are optimised for short haul frequencies. If we're having them play such a big part in reputation, we need a scaling short/long haul demand based around what a reasonable frequency to a place is.

Administrator of UnitedSkies alliance

and also a member of some other ones, but they're 2vip4u

X-Wing @Aliciousness

X-Wing @Aliciousness

I think you'll like them!

• 1,760 posts
I like where sheepy is going. perhaps frequency reputation be maxed with a relationship to how many flights one dedicated plane could fly and what the demand on the route is.

I.E. New York - London perhaps have it be maxed with 14 weekly flights because its a hugely traveled route, but something like Guam - San Francisco maybe max it at like 3 to 5 because it's a much less traveled route.

UbxSbIt.png

justin1795

justin1795

• 7 posts
have a couple questions about this? how is leg room calculated? im asuming not maxing your seat capacity. but how many fewer seats to improve the rating? also ifs i offer 5 3 and 1 choices on food and only have a 2 star. also on the entertament i have everything exept projecters and only have a 2 star. what other issues are affecting this. thanks.

BritAbroad

BritAbroad

Moderator and Data Collector

• Data Manager
  • 1,677 posts
For aircraft with total capacity of less than 200 seats, you can get a green legroom rating by using 85% of that total.
For aircraft with more, you can get the green rating by using 75% or less.

For your IFE and IFS, take note of the quality drop down box, and also, bear in mind that charging for anything or adding adverts does not help your rating.

sagsmall.png

sombranegra79

sombranegra79

AE Player

• 37 posts
Agree with Sheepy about the frequencies. Right now flying 7x weekly (daily) between two destinations gets you a rating of 41, which just puts you in the yellow. Obviously for shorter routes, like those within Europe or domestic flights in the US, passengers expect to have more flexibility in choosing their flights. But on the other hand, when it comes to long-haul, 7x weekly is as frequent as it gets. Most long-haul flights out of Hong Kong, for example, are operated daily or less, with only a few exceptions like London Heathrow (2x daily on BA and 4x daily on Cathay Pacific), New York JFK (4x daily on Cathay), Dubai (3x daily on Emirates), Vancouver and Toronto (2x daily on Cathay), etc. So only these "trunk" routes tend to be more frequent than daily. Would we really complain about not being able to choose between four daily flights between Edinburgh and Cincinnati? :S

bcrath

bcrath

AE revolutionist

• 335 posts

For aircraft with total capacity of less than 200 seats, you can get a green legroom rating by using 85% of that total.
For aircraft with more, you can get the green rating by using 75% or less.

For your IFE and IFS, take note of the quality drop down box, and also, bear in mind that charging for anything or adding adverts does not help your rating.

Correction, using aircraft with <50 seats, you get green legroom rating at max capacity, however, you get higher still.

Hake.

Hake.

Too Old For All This Jazz

• 4,295 posts
  • Skype Name:billfoster123

User's Awards

Correction, using aircraft with <50 seats, you get green legroom rating at max capacity, however, you get higher still.

34 months later...

bcrath

bcrath

AE revolutionist

• 335 posts

Agree with Sheepy about the frequencies. Right now flying 7x weekly (daily) between two destinations gets you a rating of 41, which just puts you in the yellow. Obviously for shorter routes, like those within Europe or domestic flights in the US, passengers expect to have more flexibility in choosing their flights. But on the other hand, when it comes to long-haul, 7x weekly is as frequent as it gets. Most long-haul flights out of Hong Kong, for example, are operated daily or less, with only a few exceptions like London Heathrow (2x daily on BA and 4x daily on Cathay Pacific), New York JFK (4x daily on Cathay), Dubai (3x daily on Emirates), Vancouver and Toronto (2x daily on Cathay), etc. So only these "trunk" routes tend to be more frequent than daily. Would we really complain about not being able to choose between four daily flights between Edinburgh and Cincinnati? :S

7 times weekly is not as much as it gets. I flew 62 times weekly with A319-100LR aircraft from LGW to JFK.

Chubby Bear

Chubby Bear

AE's Noob

• 1,213 posts

User's Awards

2    5      

You were flying with A319. They are talking wide body long haul. if you were flying 767 or bigger you would be flying much less frequency wise. That's an extreme spam example to use

South-Africa_240-animated-flag-gifs.gifNew-Zealand_240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

9IYxwsM.png

ND7sS8w.jpg

#AspireMember  #EnvoyMember #Unknown Alien Species #WorldAllianceMember

bcrath

bcrath

AE revolutionist

• 335 posts

You were flying with A319. They are talking wide body long haul. if you were flying 767 or bigger you would be flying much less frequency wise. That's an extreme spam example to use

It's not. I chose that aircraft because it was highly fuel efficient and flexible in comparison. Plus, my frequency rating was 100 for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users