Photo

Yet Another Air Crash

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

airline55

airline55

• 1,198 posts
Just on Fox News, a Venezualan MD-80 crashed killing (early reports) all 154 on board including one child. All passengers were FRench.

R.I.P. This is happening too often.

airline55

airline55

• 1,198 posts
http://aviation-safe...p?id=20050816-0

Yesthatsme

Yesthatsme

• 461 posts
  • AIM Screen Name:Luxemburgman
wow another one:o

Hen

Hen

• 17 posts
To all involved in the Greek/Venezuelan crash:

RIP

[Edited on 8/16/2005 by Hen]

Guest_Nathaniel_*

Guest_Nathaniel_*
  • Guests
:P ... to bad this is happening.. and hopefully doesnt ruin the industry even more :P

airline55

airline55

• 1,198 posts
I don't see this causing major trouble for the U.S. air industry, so long as it is not terror related.

Yesthatsme

Yesthatsme

• 461 posts
yeah

Tump

Tump

• 442 posts

User's Awards

Odd.

We now had an Airbus crash (AF @ Toronto), an ATR crash (Tuninter near Palermo), a Boeing crash (Helios Airways near Athens) and a MD crash (This one in Venezuela) ... what's next Bombardier, Embraer, Fokker? :mad:

piercey

piercey

I heart Embraer!

• 1,375 posts
  • Yahoo ID:pierceyohio@sbcglobal.net
OMG, RIP to all on board. :P

Guest_Barbarossa_*

Guest_Barbarossa_*
  • Guests

Originally posted by Tump
Odd.

We now had an Airbus crash (AF @ Toronto), an ATR crash (Tuninter near Palermo), a Boeing crash (Helios Airways near Athens) and a MD crash (This one in Venezuela) ... what's next Bombardier, Embraer, Fokker? :mad:

Probably not the time to say so but can we really call the incident in Toronto an accident?

Cuban47

Cuban47

• 24 posts
There was also a plane that flew into the water next to the coast of florida but everyone survived
Lets pray for those and there families who've lost someone in any type of crash and lets hope innovations can be made to make everything safer

MinnakhtKan

MinnakhtKan

Stormingly Whistly Member

• 187 posts
  • WLM ID:minnair90@hotmail.com
OM friging god thats 4 in about 2-3 weeks right? All from different manufacturers, Airbus was first and nobody died, it was also the only one that managed to land at an airport before anything happened, all others have been a disaster. (could this be a signal about Airbus going to thrive upon all other???) nono really this is not good, I wouldnt like more aircraft going to ground when they are not supposed to:(

[Edited on 17-8-2005 by MinnakhtKan]

dyson_151_15

dyson_151_15

• 480 posts
after reading about in MEL's free newspaper, this are the notes i have:
160 dead
MD-82
repaired 2 weeks ago
early july tail cone (?) fell off
2 engines failed (makes all)

MinnakhtKan

MinnakhtKan

Stormingly Whistly Member

• 187 posts
  • WLM ID:minnair90@hotmail.com
IN our newspaper it said most stuff, lots of bodies could not be recognized, the aircraft hit gorund at about 5000ft/min, it was going to Martinica from Panama and it started the cirtcuit here on Costa Rica on Monday (day before). The airline is gonna be punished because of bad maintenance and stuff with debt(West Carribean/LCC in Central and South America) Also a cheif engineer said the A/C should be taken out of OPs back in July so he resigned cause nobody listened him.

Tump

Tump

• 442 posts

User's Awards

Again I wonder... with a double engine failure a plane doesnt come to the ground this fast, like the same with Helios - a cabin decompression doesnt crash a plane - there must be some other thing involved as well. For example, that Air Transat flight (an A330) managed to soar like 250km to the Azores and landed safely after a major fuel leak. So why couldnt these pilots land it somewhere, or just attempt to find a bit of a field. And certainly they wouldnt have been crashing to the ground with -5000ft/min after a double engine failure, I suspect a hydraulics failure somewhere.... but that's just me guessing.

airline55

airline55

• 1,198 posts
They found the likely cause- bad fuel.

Tump

Tump

• 442 posts

User's Awards

Still doesnt explain why the plane did not manage to soar like the Air Transat flight could. :P

Yesthatsme

Yesthatsme

• 461 posts
RIP

airline55

airline55

• 1,198 posts
well, they had made a request for an emergency desent and landing. Likely they were already low and unable to climb to avoid the mountain.

Yesthatsme

Yesthatsme

• 461 posts
yeah

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users