Photo

737 (MAX) vs. A320 (NEO)

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Poll: A320NEO vs. 737 MAX vs. The Current Gen of Both (86 member(s) have cast votes)

Which do you like better?

1. Voted A320NEO (48 votes [45.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.71%

2. Voted 737 MAX (37 votes [35.24%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.24%

3. Current A320 (9 votes [8.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 8.57%

4. Current 737NG (11 votes [10.48%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.48%

Vote Guests cannot vote

und_mike

und_mike

NattyDaddy

• 45 posts
So recently Boeing announced the 737 MAX version with a new and more efficient engine, said to be 4% more fuel efficient than the A320NEO, to compete with airbus' release of a new engined A320, the A320NEO. I'm just was wondering what everyone thought of these two upcoming aircraft and if anyone dislikes them and prefers the current generations of both A320's and 737's.

Info about the 737 MAX: Here

Info about the A320NEO: Here

Tintinfan

Tintinfan

AE's No.1 Trainfan!

• AE Moderator / Data Collector
  • 1,249 posts
Im sorry, but the A320neo just wins my heart. The 737 MAX is boeing's attempt to copy Airbus. Airbus will always be the greatest ;) .

AE Moderator | Globe Alliance Admin | AE's No.1 Railway Enthusiast

675143919b.jpg

9M-TKS

9M-TKS

• 888 posts
I'm with Boeing on this.. Mainly because I'm tired of all the A320s i get around the region :P
Posted Image

First to fly - Airbus A350, B787-9 in AE8

n.x.w.m

n.x.w.m

taiwanball

• Data Collector
  • 2,061 posts

I'm with Boeing on this.. Mainly because I'm tired of all the A320s i get around the region :P

I'm tired of flying MD-82/83's of AA. XD

cUDPatH.jpg

NilsOlavThePenguin

NilsOlavThePenguin

Penguin

• 673 posts
Personally i prefer the 737 but i just love the "Sharklets" on the NEO. Plus SAS is getting them.(the neo) Gotta love it

violetQueen

violetQueen

The Resident B!tch

• 584 posts
My choice would be MAX, I hate the name, but the 737 is like a wine; the older it gets, the better it becomes. The new tail-cone looks sexy imho.

I liked TW and it's gone. NW, and it's gone. CO, and it's gone. Pray I don't like you.

"How sad it would be, should laughter disappear."
Posted Image

Spoiler

natsirt44

natsirt44

The tycoon who owns all the WING airlines!

• 117 posts

Im sorry, but the A320neo just wins my heart. The 737 MAX is boeing's attempt to copy Airbus. Airbus will always be the greatest ;) .

And there is one simple reason for why airbus is the best...they're German, just like me! :D

violetQueen

violetQueen

The Resident B!tch

• 584 posts
Are they? I thought Airbus was French, German, British, Sweedish, Spanish, American, Chinese... etc...

I liked TW and it's gone. NW, and it's gone. CO, and it's gone. Pray I don't like you.

Posted Image

Spoiler

violetQueen

violetQueen

The Resident B!tch

• 584 posts
Are they? I thought Airbus was French, German, British, Sweedish, Spanish, American, Chinese... etc...

Posted Image

Spoiler

iSam

iSam

Globe Alliance Leader

• 204 posts
neo! :D

und_mike

und_mike

NattyDaddy

• 45 posts

I'm tired of flying MD-82/83's of AA. XD

Lucky for you they are getting both the 320NEO's (260 of them) and 737 MAX's (200 of them) replacing all of their MD-80/83's :)

und_mike

und_mike

NattyDaddy

• 45 posts

And there is one simple reason for why airbus is the best...they're German, just like me! :D

ummmm, airbus is french.... lol

und_mike

und_mike

NattyDaddy

• 45 posts

well then i could say the same about airbus copying the 787, or known at first as 7E7, with the A350 ;)

und_mike

und_mike

NattyDaddy

• 45 posts

neo! :D

any specific reason Sam? :)

Bins16

Bins16

• 292 posts
Airbus :rock:

Xpress

Member since 2006

Posted Image

violetQueen

violetQueen

The Resident B!tch

• 584 posts

ummmm, airbus is french.... lol

ummm, Airbus isn't French either :P

"formed by a government initiative between France, Germany and the UK"

Airbus is currently owned by EADS (France, Germany, Spain) and BAE Systems (UK).

Funnily, it has final assembly production is at Toulouse (France), Hamburg (Germany), Seville (Spain) and Tianjin (People's Republic of China). It's also interesting to note they may soon have another production line in Mobile (United States of America)...

So, be careful when you say a MULTINATIONAL corporation belongs to one country... unlike Boeing, Airbus is not affiliated with one state... I already pointed this out so please read all the posts before posting nonsense.

Posted Image

Spoiler

und_mike

und_mike

NattyDaddy

• 45 posts

ummm, Airbus isn't French either :P

"formed by a government initiative between France, Germany and the UK"

Airbus is currently owned by EADS (France, Germany, Spain) and BAE Systems (UK).

Funnily, it has final assembly production is at Toulouse (France), Hamburg (Germany), Seville (Spain) and Tianjin (People's Republic of China). It's also interesting to note they may soon have another production line in Mobile (United States of America)...

So, be careful when you say a MULTINATIONAL corporation belongs to one country... unlike Boeing, Airbus is not affiliated with one state... I already pointed this out so please read all the posts before posting nonsense.

okay first off you are correct about it being a multinational company, and i did not know that it was until you said that and when i researched it, but one thing that i know is that when they announce airbus they don't say Germany, France, and UK airbus. All they say is French plane manufacturer Airbus, (said in all articles and or video conferences i have read or seen) probably because the main final assembly line is in France ....so I'm sorry for not knowing "all" the details about it, but that's all i've known them as for as long as i've known them. so it's not nonsense okay :)

violetQueen

violetQueen

The Resident B!tch

• 584 posts
I've only ever seen Airbus called "the European plane manufacturer"... I never said I knew ALL the details about it but I know enough to know it isn't French or German.

Posted Image

Spoiler

Conor

Conor

Angry Irishman

• AE Moderator
  • 1,404 posts
Airbus is classed as a european company because of it vast array of european production lines and because EADS was formed after Boeing and McDonald douglas merged the EU needed to compete against it ;)

X-Wing @Aliciousness

X-Wing @Aliciousness

I think you'll like them!

• 1,760 posts

well then i could say the same about airbus copying the 787, or known at first as 7E7, with the A350 ;)

Their original plan was to update the A330 (My second favorite airplane, so graceful. A340 is the best) to match the 787 (Ugly!) Specs. but the media criticized this as just being a stop-gap effort, and pretty much forced them into the A350 (It better not be as ugly as their renderings).

Just Sayin'

UbxSbIt.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users