Jump to content

- - - - -

2000s: New millenium


2000s: New millenium

SAPSA began orders for the Airbus A340-600 in 2000, with the first one being delivered in mid-2002. These aircraft would succeed older Boeing 747-400s on long-haul routes to Asia. Dubai and Seoul were added to the airline's route network in 2003, with service to the former lasting until 2013.

In 2004, SAPSA launched Air Lorosa'e as the new flag carrier of East Timor, two years after the country gained independence from Indonesia. The airline was formed as a joint partnership with the newly independent East Timorese government, with SAPSA owning 49% of the shares and the remaining 51% held by the state. (http://www.airline-e...83-air-lorosae/)

In 2006, SAPSA signed a deal with Espírito Santo International for the acquisition of 99.81% of the Portuguese regional airline Portugália. Furthermore, it started a code-sharing agreement with US Airways on all routes between Portugal and the United States with connecting services out of Newark and Philadelphia.

In 2007 SAPSA was awarded by NATO as the Best Engine/Aircraft Source of Repair for the NATO AWACS Maintenance Program. SAPSA has complete maintenance and overhaul bases in Portugal (Lisbon) and Brazil (Rio de Janeiro and Porto Alegre), and has specialised line maintenance stations in three continents: 4 in Portugal, 8 in Brazil, and 1 in Angola. It started scheduled flights to Moscow, Warsaw, and Helsinki in June 2009.

After deciding to outsource its Passenger Service System in 2008, SAPSA migrated its reservation and inventory systems to the Altéa system managed by Amadeus. Prior to the migration to Altéa, SAPSA used SAPMatic, an in-house system derived from Delta Air Lines which remained as the standard IT platform since 1972.

Registration: CS-TOE
Aircraft name: Pedro Álvares Cabral



    **PINDORAMA INTENSIFIES**

     

    nice livery